Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 141 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on July 8, 2015
I just got this lock in to lock a storage room door. The 1st thing that I did was reset the combination from it's default setting to my personal setting. It is easy to change. In fact, it may be too easy to change. If a person is not watching how they handle it while it is open, they could easily change the combination by accident.

The lock appears to be weather proof with rubber seals all around it. It even has a rubber bumper, which I did not understand.

It is surprisingly heavy. I am pretty sure it will secure my storage room.
(Note: The combination in the photo is not the combination that I set to open it.)

Update July 16, 2015

I’ve been using this lock for a week, and am downgrading my 5 stars to 3 stars. It has a quark that I am not used to. If you close it without touching the combination, you can’t open it again until you move all of the tumblers. At least, that is what has been happening with me.

I’ve lubricated the lock with lithium grease, so it shouldn’t be a matter of sticking. The locking mechanism seems to simply engage when the lock is closed.

In reading where other people has had the lock simply refuse to open with the correct combination, I am starting to get concerned about this lock. (If the lock continues to work by simply dialing the correct combination, then I will upgrade the star rating.)

Update: August 9, 2015
I just brought my rating back up to 4 stars. The idea of it locking even with the correct combination is strange. I've found myself think that it was locked when it could be opened again because I would forget to turn the tumblers. But after you get used to it, everything seems to work OK so far.
review image review image review image
on November 10, 2015
Full disclosure, I did not get a free product. .... If I did I would pay to send it back. Piece of junk lock started seizing 3 weeks after purchase and use. Definitely not what you expect from "pro series" labeled master lock. Don't waste your time with this one. And if your reading master lock, I would like a refund on this purchase
on March 24, 2016
This review is for Master Lock 1177D ProSeries Resettable Combination Lock.

Let me begin by saying this lock is definitely not cut proof. I forgot it on a locker at my gym, and it was cut off overnight, with bolt cutters. The shackle itself is also thicker than normal, and the design of the housing makes it hard to maneuver, so it may not fit everywhere that a regular lock of similar size will. The combination was easy to set. So easy that you could accidentally change the combination when putting it in place. I cannot vouch for the longevity of this lock, as mine only lasted a day. Over all, I would not recommend this lock to anyone. It provided no additional security than a basic set your own combination lock, and was far more difficult to use.

Pros:
Easy to set.

Cons:
Easy to accidentally set.
Can be cut off with bolt cutters.
Shackles design inhibits the fit.
Housing design inhibits the fit.
on July 24, 2012
Some thief cut the Master lock which I had attached to a thick steel chain securing my yard. It's always suprising when you first learn that you have been robbed. But I started looking for another lock which would be as strong as the chain. I finally decided to select this Master Lock 1177D ProSeries. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed that the shank was much more substantial than my old lock and the shroud was higher so that it would be much more difficult to cut the lock. On the other hand, the shroud makes it difficult to attach the lock to the chain because there is less space on the shank. But, after a couple of attempts, I was able to figure out how best to attach the lock. Finally, you will have to oil the lock with wd 40 or any other lubricating oil because the shank doesnt't move in and out freely at first. This is because all parts are made with narrow tolerences as to be as theif proof as possible. There is a rubber cover for the combo numbers which will fall off with any movement so I just threw it away. Overall, a top quality lock at a great price.
on August 7, 2015
Love these locks. I have two. One locks my front gate with a kryptonite chain and the other my shed on a shackle. I have had them both for almost three years and have had NO issues with either. I regularly open them at night with the help of a solar light and can read them fine. I turn the dials one handed. I don't understand any issues people have had with not unlocking and unreadable numbers. Just because I'm that kind of guy, I shoot some WD40 in them every few months to keep them working well, they are outside in the elements after all.
Only issue is the rubber cover over the dials came off and got lost after just over a year. It is easily removable and replaceable, but I suspect my kids popped it off and misplaced it. I haven't seen any issues caused by it. They both work as smooth and look as clean as when I got them. No rust anywhere.
on January 10, 2014
I used this on my storage unit ( shipping container ) its been through a season outside in Alaska...

The Good,
Seems beefy enough to handle the crow bar etc... ( its not the weak link on the container )

The Bad,
- Shackle will only swing one way, some times a pain when its cold out and you put it on reversed ( you can see the short part of the casting on the left rear in the picture, this is what the shackle swings over.
-Black plastic band near the middle is basically an o-ring if removed there are some pins you can see ( don't know if that good or bad...
-The numbers are on the bottom and the plastic flap has two hinge points/tags that hold it onto the lock this flap has been prone to falling off.
-Numbers are stiff enough / slick enough that moving them can not be accomplished with a gloved had, while not normally an issue it sucks to grab this thing when its -20
-while I love that the outside is a copper alloy ( no rust ) not sure what the inside is made of it does say this unit has a top seal, I've seen a little water in the spring go right through it ( also it did freeze once and i put some alcohol in it, seemed to go right in )
- Its big and actually seems to hang at 45° and not lay flat on the container. be aware of this as may not fit some locks.

Conclusion,
its big its bulky and does what its supposed to do, if it breaks I would buy another one just like it.
on August 15, 2016
Bought this expecting the same quality I've experienced from other Master padlocks. This one jammed up in less than a month and won't close. Don't believe the promise of being able to operate with gloves--the dials are difficult to flip without. Also, not sure how the large dials help with operation in "complete darkness" as they don't glow in the dark, I guess that depends on your definition of complete darkness.

The rubber band doesn't stay where it's supposed to and is merely decorative. The rubber dust flap at the bottom comes off easily and is a poor design. Otherwise, it's heavy and durable but in this case will actually work against you when you're trying to break in to your own place because this piece of crap jammed up.

Unfortunately I missed Amazon's 30 return window by 3 days so I'll try to send it back to the manufacturer.
on May 2, 2016
The lock is really really sturdy for sure.
It is weird that the dials will lock if it goes one way and will keep rolling if it goes another.

I took 1 star off because the shroud is ridiculously high. It's high to the point where it's really hard to find a lock that fit the shroud properly. I had to use my rotary tool to shear off the first 2 notches (and sand it down) so it would fit properly.

Other than that, I definitely love having a solid lock.
on September 7, 2017
I would guess that as far as a security lock, it will do it's job.
My CONCERN - is the WARNING on the back of card saying the following -

WARNING:This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause CANCER and BIRTH DEFECTS or OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2017
Paid top dollar for 6 of these locks in March 2017. Just threw the last one away. The ad said heavy duty commercial lock. We used them to lock up the fuel door on our construction equipment. The vibration of the equipment running made the locks fall apart. Might be good to lock up a shed door but would not recommend for anything commercial.