Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Item Package Quantity: 1|Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,274 reviews
on May 8, 2016
I'm convinced this just prevented a break-in at my home last week. Someone tried to kick in our back door, but they couldn't, with this and the bolt lock properly engaged. The right angle and floor type are important, I believe. My husband left door unlocked, and tried to bust the door open with his shoulder, but it wouldn't move. He's 259lbs and strong, so we felt like it was doing its job. Very happy we had this when the thief came around looking for an easy target. Photo shows the footprint.
review image
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2015
Had a landlord walk in unannounced. Bought this the next day. No more unwelcome visitors and I now have peace of mind, which is priceless. I am considering buying another for my sliding door.
on January 6, 2017
We bought this security bar for our daughter. For her first apartment. It has already paid for it's self in peace of mind and it did it's job. The bar was in place but she forgot to lock her door. A drunk neighbor came home to the wrong apartment and started to push on her door and the security bar held in place. He pushed on the door for over 5 mins until police arrived. Thank you Master Lock for helping protecting the only thing that matters to me, MY DAUGHTER!!!
on May 26, 2016
It is not that strong. When I tapped it towards the door to make it more secure, the pin that adjusts the length came out. I put a screw in the same place that the pin was engaged. Then I used a hot glue gun to secure the screw. I also glued the top of the device where the plastic is. I removed the push pin and put a lock instead. I glued that also. Nobody can open the door now. As it is sold, it was not sturdy at all.
on May 24, 2016
Someone tried to enter my apartment while I was sleeping this morning, and the height adjuster on the bar fell apart when the individual tried to force the door open, allowing the device to be pushed off to the side of the door. Thankfully, I had a chain lock on the door as well which allowed the door to open just enough for the security system to go off, scaring the individual away.
on August 24, 2016
I have had this for a few months now and it's gives zerooooooooooo security ! I can in from work and my daughter didn't take it from behind door so when I unlocked and push to open it I had to give it a little push and it opened right up...so I thought maybe she didn't place it securely under knob..my daughter went out and placed it under I forgot it was there she returned and she had to give a extra push but she was in so fast that if it was a outside entry I wouldn't have time no it's useless
on March 25, 2016
We've been using this on our back door for a couple months and today it stopped working. It is adjusted with a push pin system and it has gotten loose so that the push pin no longer holds it in place. With moderate force the whole thing just collapses. The opposite of feeling secure. It worked well until now.
on November 17, 2016
I've bought two of these over the last several years. A big part of my job is building or remodeling houses. I want to first say this before going into the review. This item is more than a security item. It's a peace of mind item. The first one I bought was for my senior mom. She was living alone in a one bedroom, small apartment, while I was building our house. Which she moved into with us. She was forever "hearing things" at night. Once I put one of these on her door she seemed to get over a lot of those mental things people go through at night. When she moved in with us in the new house, we gave this item to my aunt, who also lives in an one bedroom apartment by herself. It completely changed her sleeping. She, to this day, some five years after I gave her mom's old one, thanks me every time I go by to see her.

So, skip ahead to our house I built. I don't know what got into me, but I wanted a back door that goes into the basement (it will eventually become rooms). I currently use the basement to store equipment and tools for work. We had been living in the house for about 3 months. My mom comes to me and says the basement door bothers her. Now mind you, I put a high-level security door on that one, a top-of-the-line knob and deadbolt, but it still bothered her. I ended up buying another one of these and put it on the basement door. Which admittedly, does take away some of the convenience of the basement since if I forget to take this off the door, I can't get in it from the outside.

Which is where I'm going with this review. I could get in, but I'd damage something, the frame maybe, the door maybe, really wouldn't be much different than coming through one of the basement windows, but I don't need that 100% perfect security. I just need it to make my family feel safe. Our 12 year old son jokes that I put it there to give me time to get a weapon if anyone tried coming in. It can be defeated. It can be broken, but if you install it tightly and do like me, push an air compressor behind it, if someone came in while you're home, you would hear them. It wouldn't be as quiet and easy as some people make it look on youtube videos. It's a solid piece of home security, especially for the price and ease of installation. If all else fails, grab it, it would make a very good weapon too.
on August 23, 2015
Recently moved with my wife and 8 month old baby girl into our first apartment. Changing the locks and other modifications were not an option, neither was a security system (and not in our budget either), so I opted to try out this Master Lock security bar and simply put it is effective as advertised and provides some peace of mind. As other customers have mentioned, angle is key, and type of floor may be a factor as well. We've got laminate floors and it works perfectly. Realistically, this probably won't completely stop an invader if they're intent on breaking in, but I imagine unless they have some serious personal vendetta against you or are specifically targeting some high value item in your home, they probably will move on from the trouble this will give them trying to enter through the door. I do have a few other security measures in place, including an inexpensive stick on door alarm, and also inexpensive door stop alarms for the bedrooms, but for $20 the addition of this security bar definitely gives good peace of mind, I'm very satisfied with it.
on October 17, 2016
Original review:
Good buy!

UPDATE:
Bottom plastic part is broken where there is a little screw, see the attached pics. I am quite upset by this as this had so many good reviews. I originally gave it 5 stars but now downgraded it to 1 star. If customer service takes care of this problem I will give a higher rating.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.