Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,390 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,567 reviews
on May 8, 2016
I'm convinced this just prevented a break-in at my home last week. Someone tried to kick in our back door, but they couldn't, with this and the bolt lock properly engaged. The right angle and floor type are important, I believe. My husband left door unlocked, and tried to bust the door open with his shoulder, but it wouldn't move. He's 259lbs and strong, so we felt like it was doing its job. Very happy we had this when the thief came around looking for an easy target. Photo shows the footprint.
review image
11 comment| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2017
We bought this security bar for our daughter. For her first apartment. It has already paid for it's self in peace of mind and it did it's job. The bar was in place but she forgot to lock her door. A drunk neighbor came home to the wrong apartment and started to push on her door and the security bar held in place. He pushed on the door for over 5 mins until police arrived. Thank you Master Lock for helping protecting the only thing that matters to me, MY DAUGHTER!!!
review image
33 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2016
Someone tried to enter my apartment while I was sleeping this morning, and the height adjuster on the bar fell apart when the individual tried to force the door open, allowing the device to be pushed off to the side of the door. Thankfully, I had a chain lock on the door as well which allowed the door to open just enough for the security system to go off, scaring the individual away.
review image
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2017
This is one hefty door stick. I bought two, one each for the sliders but landed up using one for the french door. It has adjustable heights and there is no opening that door while this pole is jammed under the doorknob. Of course they could just break the glass if they were really intent on getting in but they won't be able to push the door open. I was really suprised at how sturdy and big these things were. The only ones I've seen before were very thin poles. I will order one more.
on July 20, 2016
The bars arrived on time and were exactly as pictured. They are fairly lightweight and very easy to handle. I use one on the back slider and one on the front door. The bottom foot pivots like a person's ankle so it's very easy to set the bar under the door knob and have a perfect footing on the floor. There are also lots of different holes along the entire shaft so that you can get an exact length with ¼ inch increments. It's a very good value for the quality and the features. Well Done Master Lock !! I'm very happy with both of these.
on August 23, 2016
Love this! My new place does not have a lock and decided to try this. Seen my parents use it as an extra protection for the front door. Only took one star one because I have tile and it slips. I got it to work by putting a rubber piece used normally to prevent table legs or bed frame legs from scratching the floor. Kinda like this one https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Metric-USA-sliding-Customizable/dp/B0123LA134/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1472010486&sr=8-13&keywords=square+rubber+feet+for+furniture. Other than that though, this is a great product!
on November 18, 2014
Great Price. VERY Durable, strong, sturdy and well made. VERY happy with this product and my decision to purchase. I have only used it to clock my glass patio sliding door, but this awesome product doubles to keep a door closed by slanting up against the door handle. The square foot of the heavy iron pole seems like it is made of a hard plastic, that may slip on a porcelain tile floor, if I were using it propped up against a door handle. I did actually try it on my front door handle and it stayed in place, but not confident that it would stay put every time, since I have very slippery porcelain tile floors. This is a stong well made pole and will last a lifetime! ON carpet or wood floors, it would function very well! I feel so much safer sleeping at night with this in the door track. BEST product. Better than I expected. VERY good stong quality!
on May 16, 2017
These are completely adjustable to fit under just about any doorknob. They don't work that well on carpeted areas. I even took them with us on vacation to put under the hotel doorknob. Make sure the rubber piece is there under the black plastic piece on the bottom of the stick, I ordered 3 of them and I had to send one back to exchange it because the rubber was missing and the plastic piece will just slide around and not grip the floor causing it to not work right. I highly recommend this product.
on February 8, 2015
I purchased this for a commercial use as part of a shelter in place plan, which I hope it is never used for. The bar is very adjustable with the offset holes allowing adjustment down to every .25" or so, which prevents much movement if used for a window, slider, etc with a set frame size. Because I got this for a door, my main interest was in the full extension, which securely prevents the door from moving when the foot is placed on a commercial berber carpet- trust me, I tried to move it by opening the door latch and throwing my weight into the door and it wasn't happening. If you tried to use this on a looser weave carpet, it probably wouldn't be as secure. I hope that this is never needed but i feel better knowing that we have it should the need arise.
on February 9, 2016
We just recently had an Active Shooter Training at work & this was recommended by our local police department to help barricade our office doors. I ordered it immediately and it arrived quickly. (I love Amazon Prime!) The design allows it to quickly adjust to any door handle height. Once I got it into place, I had a co-worker try to get in & they were not able to (which is exactly what you want - to keep the bad guys out). When I wanted to remove it from the inside, it pulled out quickly & easily, without any damage to my door handle or floor. This does exactly what it is supposed to do and could very well save your life. I bought two & plan to give them as gifts to my sisters who live alone. BUY IT!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.