Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 4, 2012
I bought two of these locks for both of my suitcases. I use one of them almost daily when I go to the gym. Never have had a problem with them (14 months later).

The downside to this lock is that it does not look hefty. I imagine a bolt cutter or any decently strong tool would snap it in a second. Still, I go for the deterrence factor. My bags are not as easy to steal from with these locks on them. They are easy to open. I kind of wish it would be easier to twist sometimes (mainly for the lockers at the gym) but that is not a big deal. Small and lightweight so I store them in my backpack a lot.

Another downside is that they are TSA compatible and that is why I bought them. I have never met a TSA agent with the universal key on them. Each time I am stopped, I have been required to open the locks. I have asked on many occasions why agents cannot open the suitcase since the lock is TSA compliant but have always received the answer that the key is somewhere else and I have to open the suitcase on my own (if they want to waste my time they could at least be prepared). I bought these locks partially for the compliance so that bothers me a bit...could have gotten a sturdier lock. I have never noticed my suitcase to have been opened and would not be surprised one day if the agents cut off the locks because the infamous universal key is nowhere around.

Not a bad product, though, and it is a cinch to set the code.

UPDATE: 2.5 years later and I lost my lock. I had left it unlatched after getting something out of it in an airport and it fell off somewhere. I was SUPER bummed. I know I was hesitant in my review because of TSA. The product, though, is great. I like the sense of security when I leave my bag on the tarmac, check it in (very rarely), or leave it at a hotel (in a room or at the front desk while I explore after checking out). I purchased another lock before I had even unpacked.
77 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2017
Good Lock. I did have to tinker around with it for about 10 minutes to get it work properly. Alright I'll provide some better directions than those written. Move the numbers around a bit, to clear it like you would a circular dial. Go to 000. 90 degrees counter. Push down. While pushing down, rotate another 90 counter so the hook is straight behind you. OK, set the combo. Rotate back to close position CLOCKWISE 180. The lock will only close with your combination set. Press down, it should lock. I was unaware of this and was trying to lock it, thinking it had to be off your combo to lock. Then move all the numbers around. Roll it back to your combination and test it to make sure it unlocks. It should. Great to secure my cash and wallet in my suitcase.
on July 20, 2011
This lock is small, it's basic, as as such, is perfect for luggage. I actually purchased this to use in conjunction with a Pelican 1170 Carrying Case. I purchased the case to use as a travel case for my handgun, and needed a lock for it. However, I know it's a case which will get opened multiple times while traveling, so I wanted a TSA approved lock. This lock fits perfectly, and suits the purpose. Sure, someone could break or cut the lock with less effort than, say, a full sized master lock, but that's with any luggage lock.

It's very simple to change the combination on this lock. With a quick glance at the included instructions, I had changed the combination to something more memorable, and I was ready to go. My only complaint is that this lock provides no tactile "lock" feeling. There's no click/snap, or other indication that it's locked, other than it not re-opening. If it felt like it locked solidly, this would be a 5-star review.

Still, I'm very happy with it. It's cheap, small, simple, and does the intended purpose quite well.
on July 23, 2015
First of all, this lock has passed through 6 TSA checks without any problem. Extremely easy to use, fits through the zippers with matching loops without a problem, and is small and lies flat against the suitcase. This lock will not stop a determined thief with time and tools, but it will definitely stops the casual, spur of the moment thief. It seems to be of reasonably solid construction, not at all flimsy or cheap. Setting the combination is easy and thoroughly explained in the accompanying material.
on September 13, 2017
Less than thrilled with Master Lock. We ordered a two pack of these on August 10th, and one somehow got reset to a different code, and we tried for hours to figure it out. No luck. We paid $6.98 for a two pack. Clicked the order again button on Monday, and one lock arrived. They decided to change the price to $9.04 for ONE and $22 for two. Crazy.
on November 18, 2016
For the price I cannot complain too much. The lock works as it should. However it does feel a tad flimsy. But whats to be expected from a cheap luggage lock even if it is a MasterLock?

The instructions were easy to follow, and I was able to set my own lock code with ease. Lets see how this thing holds up over several trips. So far Ive only used it for one 5 day vacation.
on September 22, 2017
These locks kept our luggage safe on our recent vacation. I like that you can set your own combination and that it's TSA approved so you don't have to worry about having your locks cut if they needed to check your luggage. I also felt safer leaving my stuff in the hotel room knowing that my luggage was locked up just in case housekeeping had sticky fingers...
on January 26, 2015
I bought two of these locks for the primary suitcases I travel with, a nice set, but you always want to have some sort of deterrent to ensure the safety of your belongings when traveling. Master Lock is a go to lock for me, and I was surprised by the weight and sturdiness of the locks. The instructions to set the locks were a little confusing, so luckily I didn't lock myself out of using the lock because of that, but otherwise, these are a great buy for the price
on February 19, 2013
Setting your own combo is a simple task. It's reasonably sturdy, but realize this lock will not stop anyone intent on getting into your bag. There is no locking mechanism that holds down the open end of the U-shaped loop, so I would imagine anyone with a pair of pliers should be able to easily bend and break it open. I knocked it a star for that. But for those of you that just want to be sure your bag doesn't accidentally unzip or open during transport, this should satisfy your needs. I also tried to peek into the lock around the numbered wheels to see if there was a way to determine the combo visually. Other people have commented that they were able to break the combo using this method on other locks, but I didn't see any obvious way to do that on this lock. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase.
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2014
I travel alot and always have a supply of TSA locks on hand. I like these as they are easy to open when you need too and strong enough so that they are security worthy. Being TSA locks they can be opened by the TSA agents when needed without the hastle of them having you to unlock them. I like the color black although I do have some that are orange too. I am also using them on my storage lockers in my new apartment complex. Great little locks for good price.