Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 4 Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 438 reviews
on July 12, 2015
Padlocks are built really poorly. Brought a set of 4 for international travel since it's a lot easier to have 1 key to 4 padlocks. After 1 plane trip and a couple of train trips, 1 of the padlock were broken (see photo). Since we were travelling and we didn't have a spare, we had to keep using it. Guess what? The next day, the whole cylinder, where you put your key in, fell off somewhere and we were not able to open the padlock.
review image
on March 1, 2012
I wanted TSA approved, durable locks for my luggage, so I chose the brand that I trust, Master Lock. These locks are extremely flimsy and are a shade better than those cheap little luggage locks that come with cheap luggage. This set comes with 4 master locks with 4 keys. 2 of the 4 locks work ok. The locking mechanism has a very rough action and sometimes when the key is inserted it doesn't turn. I even tried to lubricate the locks with lubricant that is made for locks but it didn't help as much as I thought it would. One of the locks broke immediately out of the box and doesn't lock anymore. A second lock seized on the first key turn.. Glad I tried these out before I put them on my luggage. These locks should not be carrying the Master Lock name as they are pretty cheap and flimsy.. I'm sure there are better locks out there for the same price or less.
on December 1, 2015
Great for securing your luggage against casual pilfering while still allowing TSA to inspect your luggage without cutting off your locks. These are small, but sturdily built and lock with a satisfying click!

Remember when using TSA approved locks that there are a number of people who have counterfeit TSA keys, so can open the locks themselves, so if it's really valuable, don't pack it in your luggage or don't use TSA locks.
on May 1, 2013
I'm pretty sure you could break these open quite easily with any old blunt object you might have handy, but I definitely can't force them open using just my hands, so for their intended purpose - preventing snoops and thieves while travelling, where your bags are generally near you anyway - it works well.

The one notable flaw I found was that they contained a substantial amount of metal filings, fresh out of the box. I was eventually able to flush these out using a water jet (which might not be good for the internals, but an air blower wasn't enough). If you're just using these on regular luggage that's probably fine - I expect the filings will fall out with use, in time - but in my case it was on a camera bag, and the filings were just the right size to get into lenses and camera bodies and wreak havoc.
on April 25, 2014
Nowhere in the decsription of this lock indicate the shackle length. It does say the shackle length on the back of the packagee, in teeney-tiny little print. I needed one longer than 11mm, as I learned after I opened them, I was unable to close the lock on my case. Seemed pretty light for a lock, but it's Master Lock, thus I'm sure it's strong.

I hope you found this review to be helpful, please click below to indicate that you did. Thanks
on March 31, 2017
I've been using these now for several years. At first, I gave three stars, but seeing them hold up as well as they have, over four continents and twenty countries, these locks still perform as new (even if a little travel worn).
on March 23, 2016
I use these for my range bag that has multiple zippered pockets that I always lock to keep inquisitive hands out of danger. Having them all keyed to the same key keeps it simple. I would really like it if they offered 6 or 8 padlocks instead of just 4. All of my other, larger padlocks are keyed to the same key. My local locksmith made these for me, at quite a bit more cost than the padlocks themselves. Jewelry cases, luggage, and range bags with coupled zippers remain safer than leaving them unlocked. Master makes the best padlocks, something everybody should already know. Other brands I've tried over the years seem to be fraught with all kinds of problems. No problems ever with Master Locks.
on January 27, 2017
They're locks. They lock things. Good for basic protection, but they're thin and can be easily brute force broken... but if you're buying these, you're not too worried about that.
on September 29, 2014
These are the correct locks for the airport. TSA workers are fanatics and can open whatever they want to. I lost an expensive camera because I had the wrong locks on my luggage. I "m not blaming them. However, If TSA enters your bags and you have CORRECT locks, they will leave a signed sheet of paper stating that they checked your bags. In this way, you will have some documentation that they were involved. On the other hand, if you have the wrong locks they can still open your bags, get what they want and not be required to leave a signed note. Walmart and SAMS sell these locks. It is worth the purchase. --Around $4.00 for three. Of course, you see that you can also order these locks from Amazon.
on July 19, 2016
ordered three 4 packs, 1 of the 4 packs only had 3 keys, they are a bit flimsy. disappointed in the quality from Master lock, I choose this brand because of my other luggage locks by the same brand. they certainly do not feel as durable as my other locks. I will see how well they hold up to travel within the upcoming weeks.