Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I'm pretty sure you could break these open quite easily with any old blunt object you might have handy, but I definitely can't force them open using just my hands, so for their intended purpose - preventing snoops and thieves while travelling, where your bags are generally near you anyway - it works well.

The one notable flaw I found was that they contained a substantial amount of metal filings, fresh out of the box. I was eventually able to flush these out using a water jet (which might not be good for the internals, but an air blower wasn't enough). If you're just using these on regular luggage that's probably fine - I expect the filings will fall out with use, in time - but in my case it was on a camera bag, and the filings were just the right size to get into lenses and camera bodies and wreak havoc.
on February 6, 2016
These are great for bags that you really only want to be secure enough that they don't unzip accidentally. They're small enough to keep a spare in any piece of carry-on, and of course, TSA approved- which basically means that they might still lose your lock, but it won't get cut.

These are not large enough to secure something like Pelican, or other larger cases- the hasp isn't tall or wide enough.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Nowhere in the decsription of this lock indicate the shackle length. It does say the shackle length on the back of the packagee, in teeney-tiny little print. I needed one longer than 11mm, as I learned after I opened them, I was unable to close the lock on my case. Seemed pretty light for a lock, but it's Master Lock, thus I'm sure it's strong.

I hope you found this review to be helpful, please click below to indicate that you did. Thanks
on January 27, 2017
They're locks. They lock things. Good for basic protection, but they're thin and can be easily brute force broken... but if you're buying these, you're not too worried about that.
on July 29, 2017
Locks did what they were supposed to do, no complaints with the product, but....TSA cut two of them off my bags on my families last vacation, so even though they are TSA locks the TSA agents will snip them off away.
on September 29, 2014
These are the correct locks for the airport. TSA workers are fanatics and can open whatever they want to. I lost an expensive camera because I had the wrong locks on my luggage. I "m not blaming them. However, If TSA enters your bags and you have CORRECT locks, they will leave a signed sheet of paper stating that they checked your bags. In this way, you will have some documentation that they were involved. On the other hand, if you have the wrong locks they can still open your bags, get what they want and not be required to leave a signed note. Walmart and SAMS sell these locks. It is worth the purchase. --Around $4.00 for three. Of course, you see that you can also order these locks from Amazon.
on July 19, 2016
ordered three 4 packs, 1 of the 4 packs only had 3 keys, they are a bit flimsy. disappointed in the quality from Master lock, I choose this brand because of my other luggage locks by the same brand. they certainly do not feel as durable as my other locks. I will see how well they hold up to travel within the upcoming weeks.
on August 27, 2017
Nice little padlocks...Smaller than I thought they would be. Did not fit by larger case. But they will work fine on smaller suit cases. Better dimensions in the ad would help those of use that do not use metric all the time.
on November 9, 2017
Locks are well made and function well. No sticking shackles or keys. I was fortunate and the first 2 i ordered by luck were keyed alike, even though seller says each set is different. I ordered 2 more sets and unfortunatly they were both different from each other and the first batch. Was really hoping for these sets to be keyed the same as well.
on March 3, 2017
Second time I ordered this. The first time went well, everything worked - basic lock/key still serving its purpose. The second time though, I have one lock that only worked one time. No longer recommending this.