Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 1, 2012
I wanted TSA approved, durable locks for my luggage, so I chose the brand that I trust, Master Lock. These locks are extremely flimsy and are a shade better than those cheap little luggage locks that come with cheap luggage. This set comes with 4 master locks with 4 keys. 2 of the 4 locks work ok. The locking mechanism has a very rough action and sometimes when the key is inserted it doesn't turn. I even tried to lubricate the locks with lubricant that is made for locks but it didn't help as much as I thought it would. One of the locks broke immediately out of the box and doesn't lock anymore. A second lock seized on the first key turn.. Glad I tried these out before I put them on my luggage. These locks should not be carrying the Master Lock name as they are pretty cheap and flimsy.. I'm sure there are better locks out there for the same price or less.
I'm pretty sure you could break these open quite easily with any old blunt object you might have handy, but I definitely can't force them open using just my hands, so for their intended purpose - preventing snoops and thieves while travelling, where your bags are generally near you anyway - it works well.

The one notable flaw I found was that they contained a substantial amount of metal filings, fresh out of the box. I was eventually able to flush these out using a water jet (which might not be good for the internals, but an air blower wasn't enough). If you're just using these on regular luggage that's probably fine - I expect the filings will fall out with use, in time - but in my case it was on a camera bag, and the filings were just the right size to get into lenses and camera bodies and wreak havoc.
on September 29, 2013
These will certainly not be the sturdiest locks that you ever get, but they do what they are supposed to do: gives the first line of defense against theft while complying with TSA requirement. Okay, if yo are travelling to, let's say, someplace in Africa or Asia that has an airport notorious for luggage damage then you will end up with a broken lock or something, but for US domestic travel, there is no reason to complaint. They will last you only a few months, but then, you are knowing buying pretty much the cheapest stuff, so you gotta be happy with what you paid for.

Perfect for the occasional traveler. Pros should go for hardier and sturdier builds.
on February 6, 2016
These are great for bags that you really only want to be secure enough that they don't unzip accidentally. They're small enough to keep a spare in any piece of carry-on, and of course, TSA approved- which basically means that they might still lose your lock, but it won't get cut.

These are not large enough to secure something like Pelican, or other larger cases- the hasp isn't tall or wide enough.
on July 10, 2015
I needed TSA approved key locks for an international trip I took recently. For the price, a 4 pack was a better value and Master Lock is known for good quality. This set came with multiple keys with little hooks I could attach to my key chain. I had no trouble opening the locks at any point in time, and they would absolutely would not open without the key. If you know how to pick a lock, that is a different story but tugging on them and using a basic mini screwdriver will not cause these to pop open.
on January 29, 2018
Most anyone can break one of these locks with their bare hands. One word: JUNK.
on November 16, 2012
I begrudgingly purchased these only to find out that the construction is mega flimsy. They could make the shanks at least 50% thicker and they would still go through the zipper lock holes on current luggage. So why are the shanks almost thin enough to cut with good wire cutters? A;so two of the locks that came with this set of four flew apart the moment they were unlocked. The shank came COMPLETELY out of the tiny lock body. Samsonite, STOP having the Chicoms build your locks. You used to stand for quality... now, your manufacturing goes to the cheapest bidder (ALWAYS the Chicoms)!
Nowhere in the decsription of this lock indicate the shackle length. It does say the shackle length on the back of the packagee, in teeney-tiny little print. I needed one longer than 11mm, as I learned after I opened them, I was unable to close the lock on my case. Seemed pretty light for a lock, but it's Master Lock, thus I'm sure it's strong.

I hope you found this review to be helpful, please click below to indicate that you did. Thanks
on September 29, 2014
These are the correct locks for the airport. TSA workers are fanatics and can open whatever they want to. I lost an expensive camera because I had the wrong locks on my luggage. I "m not blaming them. However, If TSA enters your bags and you have CORRECT locks, they will leave a signed sheet of paper stating that they checked your bags. In this way, you will have some documentation that they were involved. On the other hand, if you have the wrong locks they can still open your bags, get what they want and not be required to leave a signed note. Walmart and SAMS sell these locks. It is worth the purchase. --Around $4.00 for three. Of course, you see that you can also order these locks from Amazon.
on March 6, 2012
I actually bought these locks to secure our chicken coop from people and predators. It was a great deal for 4 little locks that all work off the same key. I've had these locks outside for several months despite them not being made for outdoor use. They have rusted a bit and are harder to open and close, but are still functioning.

So, if you need some light security on something, even if it isn't luggage, these may do the trick. It's nice that it comes with 4 keys, because then my wife and I can have a key, and we can also leave keys with neighbors to collect the eggs while we are gone.

Unconventional use, I know, but these have done pretty well. As for using them for luggage? These would work great. They are small and light. If you have any questions, leave me a comment and let me know. Hope this was helpful!