BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Petson December 1, 2015
Great for securing your luggage against casual pilfering while still allowing TSA to inspect your luggage without cutting off your locks. These are small, but sturdily built and lock with a satisfying click!

Remember when using TSA approved locks that there are a number of people who have counterfeit TSA keys, so can open the locks themselves, so if it's really valuable, don't pack it in your luggage or don't use TSA locks.
on March 31, 2017
I've been using these now for several years. At first, I gave three stars, but seeing them hold up as well as they have, over four continents and twenty countries, these locks still perform as new (even if a little travel worn).
I'm pretty sure you could break these open quite easily with any old blunt object you might have handy, but I definitely can't force them open using just my hands, so for their intended purpose - preventing snoops and thieves while travelling, where your bags are generally near you anyway - it works well.

The one notable flaw I found was that they contained a substantial amount of metal filings, fresh out of the box. I was eventually able to flush these out using a water jet (which might not be good for the internals, but an air blower wasn't enough). If you're just using these on regular luggage that's probably fine - I expect the filings will fall out with use, in time - but in my case it was on a camera bag, and the filings were just the right size to get into lenses and camera bodies and wreak havoc.
on February 6, 2016
These are great for bags that you really only want to be secure enough that they don't unzip accidentally. They're small enough to keep a spare in any piece of carry-on, and of course, TSA approved- which basically means that they might still lose your lock, but it won't get cut.

These are not large enough to secure something like Pelican, or other larger cases- the hasp isn't tall or wide enough.
Nowhere in the decsription of this lock indicate the shackle length. It does say the shackle length on the back of the packagee, in teeney-tiny little print. I needed one longer than 11mm, as I learned after I opened them, I was unable to close the lock on my case. Seemed pretty light for a lock, but it's Master Lock, thus I'm sure it's strong.

I hope you found this review to be helpful, please click below to indicate that you did. Thanks
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 28, 2017
With more quality locks nowadays, I would recommend buying the ones with proper combination codes so you won't have to worry when you lost the tiny keys of this set. But it does the job fine for our small luggage.
on March 23, 2016
I use these for my range bag that has multiple zippered pockets that I always lock to keep inquisitive hands out of danger. Having them all keyed to the same key keeps it simple. I would really like it if they offered 6 or 8 padlocks instead of just 4. All of my other, larger padlocks are keyed to the same key. My local locksmith made these for me, at quite a bit more cost than the padlocks themselves. Jewelry cases, luggage, and range bags with coupled zippers remain safer than leaving them unlocked. Master makes the best padlocks, something everybody should already know. Other brands I've tried over the years seem to be fraught with all kinds of problems. No problems ever with Master Locks.
on January 27, 2017
They're locks. They lock things. Good for basic protection, but they're thin and can be easily brute force broken... but if you're buying these, you're not too worried about that.
on July 29, 2017
Locks did what they were supposed to do, no complaints with the product, but....TSA cut two of them off my bags on my families last vacation, so even though they are TSA locks the TSA agents will snip them off away.
on September 29, 2014
These are the correct locks for the airport. TSA workers are fanatics and can open whatever they want to. I lost an expensive camera because I had the wrong locks on my luggage. I "m not blaming them. However, If TSA enters your bags and you have CORRECT locks, they will leave a signed sheet of paper stating that they checked your bags. In this way, you will have some documentation that they were involved. On the other hand, if you have the wrong locks they can still open your bags, get what they want and not be required to leave a signed note. Walmart and SAMS sell these locks. It is worth the purchase. --Around $4.00 for three. Of course, you see that you can also order these locks from Amazon.