Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Master Lock 4683Q TSA-Approved Nickel Keyed Alike Luggage/Baggage Lock, 4-Pack, colors may vary
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 374 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 1, 2012
I wanted TSA approved, durable locks for my luggage, so I chose the brand that I trust, Master Lock. These locks are extremely flimsy and are a shade better than those cheap little luggage locks that come with cheap luggage. This set comes with 4 master locks with 4 keys. 2 of the 4 locks work ok. The locking mechanism has a very rough action and sometimes when the key is inserted it doesn't turn. I even tried to lubricate the locks with lubricant that is made for locks but it didn't help as much as I thought it would. One of the locks broke immediately out of the box and doesn't lock anymore. A second lock seized on the first key turn.. Glad I tried these out before I put them on my luggage. These locks should not be carrying the Master Lock name as they are pretty cheap and flimsy.. I'm sure there are better locks out there for the same price or less.
on July 21, 2011
The build quality of these locks are rather poor. One lock opened with a little tug. Another lock would only open with one of the four included keys. The locks are small and flimsy. I'd suggest you try to find another lock.
on July 8, 2011
Out of the 4 locks I made it home with one of them! The locks don't hold up and end up opening by themselves. Three ended up coming unlocked and falling off in transport at different times, only one made it back but barely in tact! I expected more from the company but it seems very useless, I could even open them with another lock's key!
on September 4, 2007
I bought two packages of these locks before I went on vacation last month. And had no problems. These are the only locks I will buy from now on. The quality and price make these locks #1.
on July 12, 2015
Padlocks are built really poorly. Brought a set of 4 for international travel since it's a lot easier to have 1 key to 4 padlocks. After 1 plane trip and a couple of train trips, 1 of the padlock were broken (see photo). Since we were travelling and we didn't have a spare, we had to keep using it. Guess what? The next day, the whole cylinder, where you put your key in, fell off somewhere and we were not able to open the padlock.
review image
on February 1, 2012
While these locks were indeed TSA certified, the quality is very lacking. After two uses of the four locks, only two are functional. My gun cases take two locks per case. After the first trip with the locks, one lock disappeared in transit. I was left with three locks. After a second use of the locks, one lock will no longer lock properly.

These are cheap, but required by the TSA. Don't expect them to last.
on October 9, 2010
I returned The Masterlock combination set of four 2 weeks ago because 1 of 4 didn't work and was thus damaged. So.... I decided to go simple & ordered this keyed set. As Cheezy says, 1 of 4 again didn't work. What is is with the Masterlock Corp? Do they have something against me---or are 25% of their products made by chimpanzees? I'm not returning this pack for another 75% refund---it's not worth it.
on July 19, 2016
ordered three 4 packs, 1 of the 4 packs only had 3 keys, they are a bit flimsy. disappointed in the quality from Master lock, I choose this brand because of my other luggage locks by the same brand. they certainly do not feel as durable as my other locks. I will see how well they hold up to travel within the upcoming weeks.
on December 1, 2015
Great for securing your luggage against casual pilfering while still allowing TSA to inspect your luggage without cutting off your locks. These are small, but sturdily built and lock with a satisfying click!

Remember when using TSA approved locks that there are a number of people who have counterfeit TSA keys, so can open the locks themselves, so if it's really valuable, don't pack it in your luggage or don't use TSA locks.
on March 23, 2016
I use these for my range bag that has multiple zippered pockets that I always lock to keep inquisitive hands out of danger. Having them all keyed to the same key keeps it simple. I would really like it if they offered 6 or 8 padlocks instead of just 4. All of my other, larger padlocks are keyed to the same key. My local locksmith made these for me, at quite a bit more cost than the padlocks themselves. Jewelry cases, luggage, and range bags with coupled zippers remain safer than leaving them unlocked. Master makes the best padlocks, something everybody should already know. Other brands I've tried over the years seem to be fraught with all kinds of problems. No problems ever with Master Locks.