Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,025 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,182 reviews
on September 15, 2012
I traveled to China with this lock on my luggage and it worked exactly how I expected it to. If you are like me, you want to lock you luggage to know that it was not tampered with when you leave it with the flight crew, or leave it all day in a hotel when the cleaners come in. This lock is perfect for those reasons, and it opens and closes quickly and easily.

No one expects to buy a luggage lock that cannot be broken, right? Anyone who wants to get into your luggage will just as easily brake the zipper before breaking the lock. I really want a simple way of knowing if someone went into my luggage without permission. That way I can hold the airport or the hotel accountable if it occurred while in their possession. And this lock is perfect for those needs. Plus it was very easy to lock and unlock with no need for holding onto a key. Very good lock.

Also it is TSA certified which if you do not know what that means I suggest visiting their site by googling tsa locks; and it is the link that says - TSA: AIR TRAVEL

Please let me know if this was a helpful review for you!
66 comments| 350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2014
Small & fairly lightweight, this cable lock works as a deterrent for the casual thief. I also use it to lock luggage in hotel rooms - more for a visual that the bag hasn't been tampered with (the reality is that a serious thief would either cut the lock, break the zipper or slash the suitcase).

I use the lock on my carry-on roller suitcase & I have never been stopped by TSA in the States. I was required to open my suitcase in a Latin American country, but they had me open the lock myself.

There are a couple of downsides to the lock:
(1) I found it a little difficult to push the button (with a pointed object) & set the code. The lock is small, the button is small & setting the code required one hand to hold the lock & keep the button pushed down while the other hand set the combo. It wasn't impossible, but I had to find the right tool to push the button.
(2) My lock is silver & the lock dials are silver. The small numbers are black, but not a dark, dark black. I could not see the numbers without my reading glasses. A small annoyance.

Overall, I am happy with the TSA lock, and plan to use it on all my trips, both domestic & international.
These are luggage locks. They have a cable to thread between the zipper tabs. They will slow down someone but ultimately not stop a determined thief. Even so, they are fine for me, and work for luggage or camera backpack. All I want is to be able to leave a few items in a bag, untroubled by the curious. The TSA (being curious) can open these if they want.

My previous set of locks had a thicker stem; I prefer the cable. I didn't realize these had a color choice: I wanted blue but ended up with red. Even so, not worth exchanging. They are fine for my purpose.
on December 18, 2016
Mine happened to be RED not BLUE, but that does not matter to me. Just as expected. Small lock for luggage. I'm actually going to use this for locking a tent door at a campsite (locking the zippers together) as it is a wire mesh lock that is flexible. Works great for that, but certainly would work good for luggage as intended.
on April 2, 2017
This is a great lock. I use it to lock a small bag I have for medications.

Only issue I had were the directions a backwards so it took me a few minutes to figure out why i could not open the side it was telling me to. Once I did, it opens and closes very easily.
on November 22, 2015
Summary:
-All travel locks are overpriced for what they are, but this one is a great lock so you might as well get this one

TSA locks are a pain in the butt. Half the time, TSA doesn't care enough to unlock it and will just cut it off, so being TSA compliant doesn't matter most of the time. With that out of the way, what you want is a sturdy lock that is easy to access and that you won't lose the key for - a combination lock, therefore, is preferable (in my humble opinion). I really appreciate that it has a flexible cable lock as well, because that means you can easily flex it around and lock all sorts of things together in a very flexible way; it is also super thing so you can even thread it through zippers.

Ultimately, it's a bit pricey, but anything under $10 is a trash lock, and once you get past that price point, you should throw down for a reliable lock that you can't ever get locked out of, and this is the answer. I fully recommend it.
on October 13, 2015
This lock is not especially secure. One look at the cable and you can tell that almost any wire cutters could probably demolish it. HOWEVER, you have to think of what a lock really is. A lock like this is merely a deterrent for those that may want to mess with your stuff, the security it provides is hardly a physical barrier, but a psychological hindrance. Any thief worth his salt would be able to break into any lock in this price range, or even above this price range.

The purpose of a lock like this is to prevent casual criminals from messing with your stuff. Period.

Personally, I backpacked all throughout Southeast Asia for three months without any problem. I love that the cable is flexible and can fit into almost anything. It certainly helps with thousands of different locking situations you could possibly find yourself in. The code is easy to set and change and it's TSA approved. All in all this is a great lock to pick up for around 5 bucks.
on November 7, 2014
Negative experience for me. Planned use was a visual deterrence for bag pickpockets on a day pack I use, and it worked as such for a brief period.

After three months (4-6 open/locks per day, simple city use, no vigorous activity) of use in such a manner, I noticed the cable fibers 80-90% broken on the end that you connect. Only a few more days until only one fiber was left, and it was no longer safe to use. Out of sheer curiosity, I bent the other end (that stays connected to the lock's body) back and forth to see how long the cable fatigue would last. About 15-20 seconds.

In my opinion, not fitting of the Master brand name.
on February 11, 2015
Bought six of these..based on reviews. Read instructions carefully, First lock, the button would not reset at all. Set the combo as described, would not close. Worseless. Opened the second, thinking it was just defective. This one EXTREMELY difficult to set combination. Once set, again would not close. Very difficult to hold button down and set three numbers, who are difficult to move anyway. Afraid to try the rest. Will never buy again. Based on reviews, it seems 1 out of four never work. It's sad because the thing looked good, but no quality whatsoever. Be warned. EDIT,,opened the next 4 got three to work, the fourth works but I do not trust it. So out of 6, 3 failed. It's not hard to set up when they are GOOD, they work well when they work, but that the reason for the rating. Some just don't.
on September 10, 2015
Caused a huge problem when traveling with golf clubs. Set combination at home with the exact same three digit code I use for my luggage locks and wrote it down. Tested it no less than three separate times prior to using it on my gold clubs bag. When bag arrived at my destination, the lock would not open. TASA had opened it because there was a TASA notice inside that they had done so. Not sure if lock was defectively designed because it enabled TASA to accidentally reset the lock by hitting the small button next to the TASA key lock, or whether it was defectively manufactured and simply failed to open. Spent an hour and a half trying to get it opened, had to go and purchase a bolt cutter at Lowe's for $13.00, and was late for our starting time as a result. In addition, I pack my golf clothes in the bag to provided extra protection and to light my load in my suitcase. I didn't have the clothes I wanted to wear to golf in. Ruined a great day with my son. Buy something else.