Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 15, 2012
I traveled to China with this lock on my luggage and it worked exactly how I expected it to. If you are like me, you want to lock you luggage to know that it was not tampered with when you leave it with the flight crew, or leave it all day in a hotel when the cleaners come in. This lock is perfect for those reasons, and it opens and closes quickly and easily.

No one expects to buy a luggage lock that cannot be broken, right? Anyone who wants to get into your luggage will just as easily brake the zipper before breaking the lock. I really want a simple way of knowing if someone went into my luggage without permission. That way I can hold the airport or the hotel accountable if it occurred while in their possession. And this lock is perfect for those needs. Plus it was very easy to lock and unlock with no need for holding onto a key. Very good lock.

Also it is TSA certified which if you do not know what that means I suggest visiting their site by googling tsa locks; and it is the link that says - TSA: AIR TRAVEL

Please let me know if this was a helpful review for you!
357 helpful votes
358 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
We recently purchased these product for our trip to Italy to lock our backpack and my wife's purse. After hearing so many stories about pickpocket, we thought it'd be best to get a lock. Easy to setup and place your preferred pass-code. The numbers aren't too small as some comments have mentioned - IMO. Well after unlocking and relocking this several times during our trip it hasn't broke on us yet. It was useful since it was a peace of mind going into crowded train stations and buses.
on November 20, 2017
Normally I wouldn't write a review on a lock that functions properly but this one I must. I took this one lock on a 3 month backpacking and volunteer journey through SEA. I was surprised how well thought out the design of the lock is. The flexibility of the locking cable made it so I could have my items secured even in the most un-level hostel locker hole. It's small enough not to be super noticeable on luggage but super strong and I feel like it weathered better than a normal metal lock would've through traveling 7 countries and 15 hostel lockers. The mechanism was precise on the code but easy enough to get unlocked at 4am in the dark and quiet of a hostel dorm. This is now my forever travel lock.
on December 18, 2016
Mine happened to be RED not BLUE, but that does not matter to me. Just as expected. Small lock for luggage. I'm actually going to use this for locking a tent door at a campsite (locking the zippers together) as it is a wire mesh lock that is flexible. Works great for that, but certainly would work good for luggage as intended.
on April 2, 2017
This is a great lock. I use it to lock a small bag I have for medications.

Only issue I had were the directions a backwards so it took me a few minutes to figure out why i could not open the side it was telling me to. Once I did, it opens and closes very easily.
on October 13, 2015
This lock is not especially secure. One look at the cable and you can tell that almost any wire cutters could probably demolish it. HOWEVER, you have to think of what a lock really is. A lock like this is merely a deterrent for those that may want to mess with your stuff, the security it provides is hardly a physical barrier, but a psychological hindrance. Any thief worth his salt would be able to break into any lock in this price range, or even above this price range.

The purpose of a lock like this is to prevent casual criminals from messing with your stuff. Period.

Personally, I backpacked all throughout Southeast Asia for three months without any problem. I love that the cable is flexible and can fit into almost anything. It certainly helps with thousands of different locking situations you could possibly find yourself in. The code is easy to set and change and it's TSA approved. All in all this is a great lock to pick up for around 5 bucks.
on April 3, 2017
Used this the past six months with traveling and have not been disappointed. The lock works great, I like that the handle can loop around, making it easier to attach through zippers, etc. Easy to take off for airport security, light and gives you that extra sense of security. I am happy with this purchase. We got one blue and one red.
on August 30, 2013
not happy with the design.
- the flexible cable slips out of the zipper pull from its own weight when I unlock it, and it ends up on the floor!
- you have to slide the cable to the side in the slot when you lock/unlock it, which I find awkward and fumbly (and I'm fairly dextrous.)
- the dial has to be on the code both to unlock AND LOCK it. But the dial can move when it's unlocked w/ cable out, so you must set the code before you can put the cable back in - very annoying, and I don't remember this with other locks.

On the plus side, the quality was fine, it stayed locked, and I didn't have any problems setting the code. I just find regular metal shank locks much easier, and would never buy this style again.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 21, 2015
Bought this lock, set my combo, used it for a few weeks, all was well, and then...

...it refused to open. At all. No matter what I did. It had opened and closed fine probably 20 times between when I first got it and that point.

So I smashed it with a hammer to break it open. A waste of 7 dollars, but seeing such a cheap piece of garbage get smashed is it's own reward.

Won't be buying this again.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 8, 2015
I bought these locks because the loop would fit through the zippers on my backpack and carryon bag. After opening and closing these locks over the course of two weeks, though, I discovered these locks showing signs of wear on the metal latch that hooks into the base. The wear didn't affect the integrity of the lock although it was a little surprising. At first, I was disappointed that these weren't what I considered to be "prison grade" but no lock is impenetrable. For the needed functionality of securing zippers and deterring thieves, however, these locks were perfect. I would recommend this item if you need a TSA approved, light duty lock that will secure zippers on your backpacks and carry on bags. If you need a lock for checked luggage, I would recommend a different lock that alerts you when the TSA had used their key to open your bags.