Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 15, 2012
I traveled to China with this lock on my luggage and it worked exactly how I expected it to. If you are like me, you want to lock you luggage to know that it was not tampered with when you leave it with the flight crew, or leave it all day in a hotel when the cleaners come in. This lock is perfect for those reasons, and it opens and closes quickly and easily.

No one expects to buy a luggage lock that cannot be broken, right? Anyone who wants to get into your luggage will just as easily brake the zipper before breaking the lock. I really want a simple way of knowing if someone went into my luggage without permission. That way I can hold the airport or the hotel accountable if it occurred while in their possession. And this lock is perfect for those needs. Plus it was very easy to lock and unlock with no need for holding onto a key. Very good lock.

Also it is TSA certified which if you do not know what that means I suggest visiting their site by googling tsa locks; and it is the link that says - TSA: AIR TRAVEL

Please let me know if this was a helpful review for you!
66 comments| 354 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We recently purchased these product for our trip to Italy to lock our backpack and my wife's purse. After hearing so many stories about pickpocket, we thought it'd be best to get a lock. Easy to setup and place your preferred pass-code. The numbers aren't too small as some comments have mentioned - IMO. Well after unlocking and relocking this several times during our trip it hasn't broke on us yet. It was useful since it was a peace of mind going into crowded train stations and buses.
on December 18, 2016
Mine happened to be RED not BLUE, but that does not matter to me. Just as expected. Small lock for luggage. I'm actually going to use this for locking a tent door at a campsite (locking the zippers together) as it is a wire mesh lock that is flexible. Works great for that, but certainly would work good for luggage as intended.
on April 2, 2017
This is a great lock. I use it to lock a small bag I have for medications.

Only issue I had were the directions a backwards so it took me a few minutes to figure out why i could not open the side it was telling me to. Once I did, it opens and closes very easily.
on October 13, 2015
This lock is not especially secure. One look at the cable and you can tell that almost any wire cutters could probably demolish it. HOWEVER, you have to think of what a lock really is. A lock like this is merely a deterrent for those that may want to mess with your stuff, the security it provides is hardly a physical barrier, but a psychological hindrance. Any thief worth his salt would be able to break into any lock in this price range, or even above this price range.

The purpose of a lock like this is to prevent casual criminals from messing with your stuff. Period.

Personally, I backpacked all throughout Southeast Asia for three months without any problem. I love that the cable is flexible and can fit into almost anything. It certainly helps with thousands of different locking situations you could possibly find yourself in. The code is easy to set and change and it's TSA approved. All in all this is a great lock to pick up for around 5 bucks.
on November 7, 2014
Negative experience for me. Planned use was a visual deterrence for bag pickpockets on a day pack I use, and it worked as such for a brief period.

After three months (4-6 open/locks per day, simple city use, no vigorous activity) of use in such a manner, I noticed the cable fibers 80-90% broken on the end that you connect. Only a few more days until only one fiber was left, and it was no longer safe to use. Out of sheer curiosity, I bent the other end (that stays connected to the lock's body) back and forth to see how long the cable fatigue would last. About 15-20 seconds.

In my opinion, not fitting of the Master brand name.
on February 11, 2015
Bought six of these..based on reviews. Read instructions carefully, First lock, the button would not reset at all. Set the combo as described, would not close. Worseless. Opened the second, thinking it was just defective. This one EXTREMELY difficult to set combination. Once set, again would not close. Very difficult to hold button down and set three numbers, who are difficult to move anyway. Afraid to try the rest. Will never buy again. Based on reviews, it seems 1 out of four never work. It's sad because the thing looked good, but no quality whatsoever. Be warned. EDIT,,opened the next 4 got three to work, the fourth works but I do not trust it. So out of 6, 3 failed. It's not hard to set up when they are GOOD, they work well when they work, but that the reason for the rating. Some just don't.
on April 3, 2017
Used this the past six months with traveling and have not been disappointed. The lock works great, I like that the handle can loop around, making it easier to attach through zippers, etc. Easy to take off for airport security, light and gives you that extra sense of security. I am happy with this purchase. We got one blue and one red.
on January 12, 2016
this is the 4th TSA master lock I have purchased for my luggage. I travel often and want to keep my stuff mine. These locks work perfectly for that. TSA has special keys that allow them access to these locks while keeping the general public out. Of course... if a thief wants in... they will be able to get in... but it keeps honest people honest.
on August 30, 2013
not happy with the design.
- the flexible cable slips out of the zipper pull from its own weight when I unlock it, and it ends up on the floor!
- you have to slide the cable to the side in the slot when you lock/unlock it, which I find awkward and fumbly (and I'm fairly dextrous.)
- the dial has to be on the code both to unlock AND LOCK it. But the dial can move when it's unlocked w/ cable out, so you must set the code before you can put the cable back in - very annoying, and I don't remember this with other locks.

On the plus side, the quality was fine, it stayed locked, and I didn't have any problems setting the code. I just find regular metal shank locks much easier, and would never buy this style again.