Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on September 15, 2012
I traveled to China with this lock on my luggage and it worked exactly how I expected it to. If you are like me, you want to lock you luggage to know that it was not tampered with when you leave it with the flight crew, or leave it all day in a hotel when the cleaners come in. This lock is perfect for those reasons, and it opens and closes quickly and easily.

No one expects to buy a luggage lock that cannot be broken, right? Anyone who wants to get into your luggage will just as easily brake the zipper before breaking the lock. I really want a simple way of knowing if someone went into my luggage without permission. That way I can hold the airport or the hotel accountable if it occurred while in their possession. And this lock is perfect for those needs. Plus it was very easy to lock and unlock with no need for holding onto a key. Very good lock.

Also it is TSA certified which if you do not know what that means I suggest visiting their site by googling tsa locks; and it is the link that says - TSA: AIR TRAVEL

Please let me know if this was a helpful review for you!
66 comments| 361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 17, 2018
I bought it for a friend who had asked me to and he told me he was happy with it.
I personally am a key sort of person: I see people fiddle with this kind in the gym all the time and frankly it seems
they are having another work out. I like to use the one with the key: they usually come with three keys so I keep
one at home, one in my bag and one on a keychain.
I end up leaving my locker unlocked anyhow: too lazy!
on December 18, 2016
Mine happened to be RED not BLUE, but that does not matter to me. Just as expected. Small lock for luggage. I'm actually going to use this for locking a tent door at a campsite (locking the zippers together) as it is a wire mesh lock that is flexible. Works great for that, but certainly would work good for luggage as intended.
on April 2, 2017
This is a great lock. I use it to lock a small bag I have for medications.

Only issue I had were the directions a backwards so it took me a few minutes to figure out why i could not open the side it was telling me to. Once I did, it opens and closes very easily.
on October 13, 2015
This lock is not especially secure. One look at the cable and you can tell that almost any wire cutters could probably demolish it. HOWEVER, you have to think of what a lock really is. A lock like this is merely a deterrent for those that may want to mess with your stuff, the security it provides is hardly a physical barrier, but a psychological hindrance. Any thief worth his salt would be able to break into any lock in this price range, or even above this price range.

The purpose of a lock like this is to prevent casual criminals from messing with your stuff. Period.

Personally, I backpacked all throughout Southeast Asia for three months without any problem. I love that the cable is flexible and can fit into almost anything. It certainly helps with thousands of different locking situations you could possibly find yourself in. The code is easy to set and change and it's TSA approved. All in all this is a great lock to pick up for around 5 bucks.
on April 3, 2017
Used this the past six months with traveling and have not been disappointed. The lock works great, I like that the handle can loop around, making it easier to attach through zippers, etc. Easy to take off for airport security, light and gives you that extra sense of security. I am happy with this purchase. We got one blue and one red.
on January 9, 2018
Easy to reset combination. Worked great on our new camera bag. Our older hands can work this without an issue which is saying a lot for my wife.

Seems like it naturally wants to put the combination on the inside.
on January 21, 2015
Bought this lock, set my combo, used it for a few weeks, all was well, and then...

...it refused to open. At all. No matter what I did. It had opened and closed fine probably 20 times between when I first got it and that point.

So I smashed it with a hammer to break it open. A waste of 7 dollars, but seeing such a cheap piece of garbage get smashed is it's own reward.

Won't be buying this again.
on January 13, 2018
I love these. Unlike some products, you can set your own combination, which is important to me, as we all already have too many combination and passwords to remember. They work well, have saved my contents as I travel through some of the European train stations [and American cities] which are known to have pickpockets. I rely on these to keep not only my luggage safe, but some of the zippers on my backpacks. The numbers are easy to use, not so tiny or hard to work. I love them.
on July 8, 2015
I bought these locks because the loop would fit through the zippers on my backpack and carryon bag. After opening and closing these locks over the course of two weeks, though, I discovered these locks showing signs of wear on the metal latch that hooks into the base. The wear didn't affect the integrity of the lock although it was a little surprising. At first, I was disappointed that these weren't what I considered to be "prison grade" but no lock is impenetrable. For the needed functionality of securing zippers and deterring thieves, however, these locks were perfect. I would recommend this item if you need a TSA approved, light duty lock that will secure zippers on your backpacks and carry on bags. If you need a lock for checked luggage, I would recommend a different lock that alerts you when the TSA had used their key to open your bags.