Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Color Name: Black, Blue, Red, or Silver (randomly selected at time of shipment)|Change

on February 23, 2016
Let me know if you like my review. This will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help :)

Very easy to set the combination and fit our filmgear pelicases very well. They withstand the rigours of travel - US and international - very well and I've never had one lost thru handling anywhere in the world. Sadly, TSA are not so rigorous at fitting them back on a case after checking - and they check our bags all the time. So I have to travel with several spares, preset to the combination.
The red color stands out well and makes the padlock easier to find in a cramped hotel room during packing, when all the gear is scattered around the floor.

In the past I've had types with rigid locks instead of this flexible cable type - they got knocked off the cases almost every trip - these ones can take a hit and have a little 'give' so withstand baggage handling much better.

We travel every couple of weeks - so these have had a pretty good field test - most recently in Germany, Sweden, England, Spain, Denmark and Italy. No problems with security there either - so don't be put off for international travel where foreign versions of TSA don't have the access key.

FEATURES:
* Suggested uses, luggage, backpacks, bags, small cabinets, briefcases, computer bags, for indoor use only
* 1-1/8-inch metal body
* Set your own combination convenience
* Bright colors simplify baggage identification
review imagereview image
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 15, 2012
I traveled to China with this lock on my luggage and it worked exactly how I expected it to. If you are like me, you want to lock you luggage to know that it was not tampered with when you leave it with the flight crew, or leave it all day in a hotel when the cleaners come in. This lock is perfect for those reasons, and it opens and closes quickly and easily.

No one expects to buy a luggage lock that cannot be broken, right? Anyone who wants to get into your luggage will just as easily brake the zipper before breaking the lock. I really want a simple way of knowing if someone went into my luggage without permission. That way I can hold the airport or the hotel accountable if it occurred while in their possession. And this lock is perfect for those needs. Plus it was very easy to lock and unlock with no need for holding onto a key. Very good lock.

Also it is TSA certified which if you do not know what that means I suggest visiting their site by googling tsa locks; and it is the link that says - TSA: AIR TRAVEL

Please let me know if this was a helpful review for you!
66 comments| 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2016
Neat, solid little lock, except: Got "TSA lock" for golf bag just prior to packing/departure. Arrived in Orlando with nice note from TSA explaining they had taken the lock off. Found it (elsewhere) in a crevice of the bag upon returning to California.So...TSA does not understand their own understanding with lock manufacturers: My golf bag flew both ways unlocked, and now I find I paid for a lock that was worthless, and now is (perhaps) permanently so-The cable opens from both ends, one end that I use a combination for, and still functions. The other end responds to a special TSA key, and is now permanently open, absent some intervention by TSA. I plan to appeal to Master Lock. I have no idea how to pose this problem to TSA directly.
review image
33 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2015
I use these to lock my Glock pistol cases. These locks wrap around the handle and allow no room for the case to be opened. Just a extra bit of security for the pistols I do not keep in a quick access lock box.
on October 2, 2011
This little lock is amazing! It is extremely secure and very hard to bust without looking obvious.

I ordered two. One to use and the second to test...

During the test I found that if you try to use wire cutters on the wire, you will be twisting and gripping your hardest for at least a good 10 minutes just to get through. My next test was the sledge hammer. I nailed this lock repeatedly. All I did was jame the rollers so that the numbers could not be moved anymore. But still the lock NEVER let go.

Get this lock. You will be very secure and able to have peace at mind with whatever you have locked up.
33 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 28, 2016
I now own 4 of these locks which we use when travelling. It's particularly great when storing your bags at hotels or feeling confident when you leave your bags in the hotel room for the day. Also good for carry-on luggage stored in the overhead bin - particularly if it is out of your sight line.

This look isn't foolproof as people could cut through our backpacks or soft sided luggage, but I still use them for two basic reasons:
1) It would be very apparent if someone damaged the bags to circumvent the lock which would make a claim for damages that much easier.
2) It provides a deterrent which is about all you can really do. If someone is determined to get into your bags, they will find a way. I just want to add another layer of hassle so they decide it is easier to mess with someone else's bags instead.

I particularly like these locks since the cable is flexible making it much easier to thread between two zipper pulls. The fact they are small and fairly light weight is nice as well.

Easy to use and convenient. Very pleased with my purchase.
on April 21, 2011
We bought two of these, one for my wife, and one for my suitcase for a cruise we recently went on. They survived the trip, and worked great.

Unfortunately, many suitcase designers forget that folks might like to lock their luggage, and for some reason do not use those zipper heads that have the built-in lock clip. Our suitcases are lacking those zipper heads, so we have to run the lock through the zipper handle.

And with our suitcases, we have 3 compartments that need to be locked. One compartment is locked with a standard luggage lock, as we can put the lock under a strap to protect the zipper handles from damage should they bang up against anything (the suitcases are High Sierra duffels).

However, the other two zippered compartments, when using standard locks, didn't fit the zipper handles well (they looked to be fancy designer zippers), so they resulted in the handles sticking out - which said to me - I am waiting to be broken.

The solution we found was to use one of these locks. We could thread the lock's cable through both sets of zipper handles, and lock them without any of the handles sticking out (the zippers were close enough at one spot on the luggage to do this).

The cable for the lock is about 3.5" long, and the head of the cable is small enough that it will fit through most zipper heads.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2017
I purchased two of these for use on my Osprey Farpoint 55 during a three week trip to Europe. They’re not the highest security rating available but they’re solid metal and cable that will get the job done in a hotel or hostel. They were easy to use and I set my combination in seconds after reading the directions. The locks are TSA compliant so you don’t have to worry about your bag being broken into by a TSA Agent trying to search it. My only minor complaints are that the cable is a touch longer than necessary for a piece of luggage and that I was unable to select specific colors. I received Black and Blue but would have preferred two in black so they’d both match my bag. Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Combination TSA Accepted Cable Luggage Lock, 1-3/16 in. Wide, Assorted Colors, 4688D
on March 4, 2011

Just make sure you buy extras...

UPDATE:
So a year later - and still going strong - despite some very heavy use. No issues at all - and it's not often you can say that about anything these days. And to add to their international travels, these have now covered Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Holland as well.

So good in fact that I have just bought more for extra cases.
11 comment| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 11, 2018
Basic lock, easy to set/reset and keeps your bag locked, at least before the TSA gets in and trashes your luggage. An absolute must if you don't want your luggage broken by the TSA because they can do that if you don't have a TSA-approved lock. Guess what? I bought a nice 20" carry on in Europe, which, of course, didn't have the TSA-approved lock, because in Europe they're not paranoid. When I arrived in the US, although I left the lock unlocked and even wrote a note on the bag for them to see, the TSA forced and broke the unlocked lock, thus rendering my luggage useless. Lesson learned and may they burn in the hottest hell.