Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 27, 2017
These are great! Ordered a few months ago for a long cross-country trip with lots of flights, ended up going on a bunch of travels between now and then.

These haven't been cut by TSA yet and they've stayed on perfectly for both my checked and carry on luggage. I also use them to lock my luggage in my hotel room during the day (just in case) and they've been great, no problems. Easy to open. I don't mind that the four keys are identical - it's convenient.

Also, by pure luck I got the pink set, and I meant to write a review right upon receipt about how much I loved the color. I was hoping for that or blue.

All in all, I'm very happy with these locks and if I need more, I'll buy them again. Perfect little locks for my needs.
on September 8, 2015
Travelling? You need TSA Accepted Locks.

Otherwise they will probably cut off your lock and it more of a chance of it being searched.

Its not that i'm worried about it being searched. You'll just be more worried they'll go through your things and take something they like out of your luggage. No one can know if a person is feeling dishonest and wants to act like a klepto.

Like the different look compared to the silver or gold of another TSA approved lock. I assume since its a different look and type...they don't have the TSA approved Key available. Different lock, different key...Its not typical so it won't be easy for them to just decide to rummage through your luggage
on December 9, 2017
After extensive research on luggage locks, I decided to go with Master Lock since it is a name brand. Bought a set. One out of four locks was defective which couldn't be opened by any of the keys provided. Returned the set and ordered a replacement set. The same happened. Keys kept getting stuck in one of the locks trying to open it.
on March 24, 2015
These locks were sturdy and heavy, but one of them was difficult to open. The first few times I couldn't get the key to move the lock at all, but with some aggressive wiggling, I finally got it to budge. This is a concern, because something tells me the TSA agents aren't going to waste time tuggling and wiggling before just cutting the lock off. I also bought these locks because their advertised feature was that you can't remove the key before relocking (hence the TSA HAS to relock it!). That's not true. You can open the lock, turn the key back to the unlock position, and then pull the key out (without pushing the clasp back into the lock mechanism). The problem with this is that if you pull the key out before you've put the clasp back down, you can't push the clasp down at all. Again, I can see a TSA security agent opening the lock, pulling the key out, and then when the lock won't lock again (because you'd have to put the key back in and move it to the "locked" position), just tossing the lock and leaving your suitcase unlocked.
on October 6, 2011
For their size, these locks look durable and feel heavy but are also very cheap. One out of the four locks I received wouldn't accept a key. It felt like something was blocking the key halfway in. Using a little force, I ended up pulling it open with my hand and my utility knife's pliers. I didn't try to force the other three locks open, but those seemed sturdy.

It's inconvenient that the key has to be used to unlock AND lock because the key must be in the unlock position for the shackle to retract and lock properly. Also the locks don't spring open when unlocked. The key mechanism and shackle don't feel smooth like the Master Locks I'm used to using. Unless you need side keying, I would recommend the more convenient Master Lock 4683Q TSA-Approved Nickel Keyed Alike Luggage/Baggage Lock, 4-Pack, colors may vary model instead. Though still not the best, they're similar in size, TSA Accepted, and cheaper in cost.
on February 14, 2013
It's a battle to get the mechanism open and lock it up. It's hurts your hand just trying to mess with it. You'd think it would be simple...turn the key to unlock and close the shackle to lock it but No. You need the key to lock it and that's carpel tunnel all over again. Since trying testing them out, I don't know if I even want to travel with them due to the fear of not being able to unlock my bag when I need to. It's not something I would want to deal with. I'm sure there is a TSA lock set comparable to this one that is better than this one. Trash. What a waste of money. I thought Master Lock would be a trustworthy name...not in this case. Save yourself the agony and get something else for your bags.
on September 28, 2013
These locks work, but are flimsy and will not relock once open without the key in place. Also, the first time I used them on a trip, I had to wait at the ticket counter for an extra 20 minutes, because TSA did not have a master key. They asked for mine and would not let me leave to go through security until they had returned my personal key. What is the point of a lock being "TSA Compliant" if TSA cannot open it without my key? In Master Lock's defense, this was probably a local TSA glitch, not Master's fault, but it was frustrating anyway.
on October 14, 2016
Very cheep locks. Not worth the money by any means. Locks can be opened with different keys which is scary.
on February 18, 2013
I hesitated to purchase these after reading so many poor reviews, but there wasn't anything comparable to choose from - small, keyed lock, multiple locks all keyed the same. I have bags that each need 4 locks, so for me these fit the bill. They are exactly as advertised and I've had no problems with them at all. They open and lock easily and are perfect for my bags. I bought 3 sets and tried begging in the memo on the order for 3 different colors, I didn't care what colors they were, just that they were different. Alas, I got 2 blue and one pink. Now I will have to distinguish the two blue sets from one another somehow. But, that's my only complaint - not being able to select color.
on July 24, 2012
I wish they allowed negative stars, most of the time you see Master lock and assume it is a good product. But not this time, all the other negative reviews are correct. The key is hard to insert (especially if you have it on a key ring), when you do insert the key and turn. The lock does not 'pop' open you must pull on it & to lock it the key MUST be in the lock & turned to the unlock position. Then you must slide the lock close and turn the key to have the lock, lock.

Horrible, horrible, horrible locks, as soon as I got home from my trip I threw these into the trash (since I had already thrown away the packaging).