Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 472 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 500 reviews
on November 12, 2015
arrived on time. We were planning to fly to Missouri and decided to lock our checked luggage. These little locks were perfect for the zippers on our luggage. four locks keyed alike were a very good idea.

I had read that some had problems with the locks. Others explained the difference between these locks and the one you snap on a hasp I will summarize what I learned from reviews and my own experience.
1. You use the key to both lock and unlock. The key must be turned while you pull the lock open.
2 you must have the key turned to the unlock position while you push the lock closed. Important, the lock will have a slight click when it fully locks, then turn the key to lock position. If you do not push the key all the way down past the slight resistance before the snap it will not be locked and you can easily pull the lock open after you remove the key so be sure to check it before you leave your luggage.

If the lock opens just put your key back turn it all the way to the unlock position and press down until you pass the resistance until you feel and hear the little snap. Then turn the key and remove it. Test again.
on September 8, 2015
Travelling? You need TSA Accepted Locks.

Otherwise they will probably cut off your lock and it more of a chance of it being searched.

Its not that i'm worried about it being searched. You'll just be more worried they'll go through your things and take something they like out of your luggage. No one can know if a person is feeling dishonest and wants to act like a klepto.

Like the different look compared to the silver or gold of another TSA approved lock. I assume since its a different look and type...they don't have the TSA approved Key available. Different lock, different key...Its not typical so it won't be easy for them to just decide to rummage through your luggage
on March 24, 2015
These locks were sturdy and heavy, but one of them was difficult to open. The first few times I couldn't get the key to move the lock at all, but with some aggressive wiggling, I finally got it to budge. This is a concern, because something tells me the TSA agents aren't going to waste time tuggling and wiggling before just cutting the lock off. I also bought these locks because their advertised feature was that you can't remove the key before relocking (hence the TSA HAS to relock it!). That's not true. You can open the lock, turn the key back to the unlock position, and then pull the key out (without pushing the clasp back into the lock mechanism). The problem with this is that if you pull the key out before you've put the clasp back down, you can't push the clasp down at all. Again, I can see a TSA security agent opening the lock, pulling the key out, and then when the lock won't lock again (because you'd have to put the key back in and move it to the "locked" position), just tossing the lock and leaving your suitcase unlocked.
on October 6, 2011
For their size, these locks look durable and feel heavy but are also very cheap. One out of the four locks I received wouldn't accept a key. It felt like something was blocking the key halfway in. Using a little force, I ended up pulling it open with my hand and my utility knife's pliers. I didn't try to force the other three locks open, but those seemed sturdy.

It's inconvenient that the key has to be used to unlock AND lock because the key must be in the unlock position for the shackle to retract and lock properly. Also the locks don't spring open when unlocked. The key mechanism and shackle don't feel smooth like the Master Locks I'm used to using. Unless you need side keying, I would recommend the more convenient Master Lock 4683Q TSA-Approved Nickel Keyed Alike Luggage/Baggage Lock, 4-Pack, colors may vary model instead. Though still not the best, they're similar in size, TSA Accepted, and cheaper in cost.
on June 13, 2014
Probably not worth the price, there are cheaper options available that probably work just as well. I bought these because of the name brand, but it's pretty obvious Master Lock doesn't take much pride in this item.

It would have been nice to be able to choose a color, I got silver with my order so at least it's neutral.

It's a little frustrating to have to use the key to get them to lock, and they are a little difficult to open and close.

In short, buy a cheaper brand, because it's unlikely spending the extra on Master Lock provides any additional benefit in this case.
on April 25, 2012
NEW UPDATE !
After several days, I decided to return it !
My advice would be to stick with the simpler locks. I have now ordered this one, i have had it in the past and it should work smooth !

===========================
OLD UPDATE
I may have to use oil to lubricate the lock because as it is now, it's too much of a Struggle to insert the key and turn. I'm having to turn it left and right to get the key to go in all the way. As of now, i'm not happy but as long as it works, i'm okay.

Will do a follow-up update later.

ps: it says "Colors May Vary", i was hoping for anything but Pink and guess what I got the Pink ! Haha
on April 11, 2016
These Master Lock padlocks are the best I have ever purchased . Being an ex stew I have had 50-75 locks and these are very strong and also stylish. The only negative would be that you cannot order the color you want , I wanted black but received blue . I have the feeling that these are the last little locks I will ever need Master Lock is the most reliable name in the industry.
on February 14, 2013
It's a battle to get the mechanism open and lock it up. It's hurts your hand just trying to mess with it. You'd think it would be simple...turn the key to unlock and close the shackle to lock it but No. You need the key to lock it and that's carpel tunnel all over again. Since trying testing them out, I don't know if I even want to travel with them due to the fear of not being able to unlock my bag when I need to. It's not something I would want to deal with. I'm sure there is a TSA lock set comparable to this one that is better than this one. Trash. What a waste of money. I thought Master Lock would be a trustworthy name...not in this case. Save yourself the agony and get something else for your bags.
on September 7, 2015
Sturdy, great little lock set that looks different from most of the others! This helps identify your luggage when so many pieces on the luggage return looks similar! Anything you can do to look different is helpful in rejoining you with your precious luggage!
on September 28, 2013
These locks work, but are flimsy and will not relock once open without the key in place. Also, the first time I used them on a trip, I had to wait at the ticket counter for an extra 20 minutes, because TSA did not have a master key. They asked for mine and would not let me leave to go through security until they had returned my personal key. What is the point of a lock being "TSA Compliant" if TSA cannot open it without my key? In Master Lock's defense, this was probably a local TSA glitch, not Master's fault, but it was frustrating anyway.