Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Master Lock 4689Q TSA Accepted Padlocks with Keys 4-Pack (Colors May Vary)
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Sports Collectibles

Size Name: 4 Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 493 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 29, 2009
Please don't buy this product. I bought it and each lock fell apart into pieces without any force. The key inserting part came out with the key. Go for the regular good old brass locks. I gave 1 star because I cannot review without stars. no stars for this product.
on August 20, 2010
Out of 4, one gone out of order right out of the box. Put the key in, rotate and try to pull it out. It might bring out the keyhole as well. Even the toy locks are better than this. Another one doesn't get locked. Don't buy this junk.
on November 12, 2015
arrived on time. We were planning to fly to Missouri and decided to lock our checked luggage. These little locks were perfect for the zippers on our luggage. four locks keyed alike were a very good idea.

I had read that some had problems with the locks. Others explained the difference between these locks and the one you snap on a hasp I will summarize what I learned from reviews and my own experience.
1. You use the key to both lock and unlock. The key must be turned while you pull the lock open.
2 you must have the key turned to the unlock position while you push the lock closed. Important, the lock will have a slight click when it fully locks, then turn the key to lock position. If you do not push the key all the way down past the slight resistance before the snap it will not be locked and you can easily pull the lock open after you remove the key so be sure to check it before you leave your luggage.

If the lock opens just put your key back turn it all the way to the unlock position and press down until you pass the resistance until you feel and hear the little snap. Then turn the key and remove it. Test again.
on March 19, 2014
I bought these because it says TSA accepted but I guess they were not. my locks were cut off when they went through screening. I bought these a few months ago and travel with them the first time and they were cut off after one time use. Guess they are NOT TSA type. I give it a 1 star. Definitely sad about this and WILL NEVER purchase again
on May 14, 2016
I ordered blue, but received pink; had to force my boyfriend to put it on his luggage since we didn't have time to get another one.
TSA didn't have a problem opening it, and even left a note for me to let me know.
One of the locks didn't work and it took us a while to open it (the part where you insert the key was crooked and it would not turn). Thankfully a bobby pin did the job after two broken nails and half hour trying. I will spend a little bit of money and get some better quality locks next time.
on September 7, 2015
Sturdy, great little lock set that looks different from most of the others! This helps identify your luggage when so many pieces on the luggage return looks similar! Anything you can do to look different is helpful in rejoining you with your precious luggage!
on September 8, 2015
Travelling? You need TSA Accepted Locks.

Otherwise they will probably cut off your lock and it more of a chance of it being searched.

Its not that i'm worried about it being searched. You'll just be more worried they'll go through your things and take something they like out of your luggage. No one can know if a person is feeling dishonest and wants to act like a klepto.

Like the different look compared to the silver or gold of another TSA approved lock. I assume since its a different look and type...they don't have the TSA approved Key available. Different lock, different key...Its not typical so it won't be easy for them to just decide to rummage through your luggage
on September 30, 2016
The advertisment isn't correct. If they come assorted change the picture to reflect this. I chose this product because I specifically wanted the pink ones. Next time I'll just go to Wal-Mart.com. I'll update once I use. If they fall apart I will request a refund. $7.99 isn't much but I still use it to buy a product. Master Lock is suppose to be decent quality at the very least.

**EDIT**

Still frustrated about the color situation but the quality isn't faulty. So I changed the 3 star to a 4.
on April 11, 2016
These Master Lock padlocks are the best I have ever purchased . Being an ex stew I have had 50-75 locks and these are very strong and also stylish. The only negative would be that you cannot order the color you want , I wanted black but received blue . I have the feeling that these are the last little locks I will ever need Master Lock is the most reliable name in the industry.
on August 8, 2015
The keys do not fit into the lock well, which means it is a hassle trying to get the key to line up and turn to open the lock. I feel picking the lock would work equally well as using the keys, and might take less time. Total piece of junk.