Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 12, 2015
arrived on time. We were planning to fly to Missouri and decided to lock our checked luggage. These little locks were perfect for the zippers on our luggage. four locks keyed alike were a very good idea.

I had read that some had problems with the locks. Others explained the difference between these locks and the one you snap on a hasp I will summarize what I learned from reviews and my own experience.
1. You use the key to both lock and unlock. The key must be turned while you pull the lock open.
2 you must have the key turned to the unlock position while you push the lock closed. Important, the lock will have a slight click when it fully locks, then turn the key to lock position. If you do not push the key all the way down past the slight resistance before the snap it will not be locked and you can easily pull the lock open after you remove the key so be sure to check it before you leave your luggage.

If the lock opens just put your key back turn it all the way to the unlock position and press down until you pass the resistance until you feel and hear the little snap. Then turn the key and remove it. Test again.
on November 27, 2017
These are great! Ordered a few months ago for a long cross-country trip with lots of flights, ended up going on a bunch of travels between now and then.

These haven't been cut by TSA yet and they've stayed on perfectly for both my checked and carry on luggage. I also use them to lock my luggage in my hotel room during the day (just in case) and they've been great, no problems. Easy to open. I don't mind that the four keys are identical - it's convenient.

Also, by pure luck I got the pink set, and I meant to write a review right upon receipt about how much I loved the color. I was hoping for that or blue.

All in all, I'm very happy with these locks and if I need more, I'll buy them again. Perfect little locks for my needs.
on March 16, 2018
Kept my things secure through the traveling process as well as in the hotel. Would be nice to be able to re-lock without the key in the hole; you have to turn the key back to lock it again or leave the key in the keyhole. The locks are small but not weak or cheap feeling. Nice they are all keyed alike, in the case of a lost key & items are still accessible by another person with you, & you have three spare keys.
on September 8, 2015
Travelling? You need TSA Accepted Locks.

Otherwise they will probably cut off your lock and it more of a chance of it being searched.

Its not that i'm worried about it being searched. You'll just be more worried they'll go through your things and take something they like out of your luggage. No one can know if a person is feeling dishonest and wants to act like a klepto.

Like the different look compared to the silver or gold of another TSA approved lock. I assume since its a different look and type...they don't have the TSA approved Key available. Different lock, different key...Its not typical so it won't be easy for them to just decide to rummage through your luggage
on December 9, 2017
After extensive research on luggage locks, I decided to go with Master Lock since it is a name brand. Bought a set. One out of four locks was defective which couldn't be opened by any of the keys provided. Returned the set and ordered a replacement set. The same happened. Keys kept getting stuck in one of the locks trying to open it.
on September 7, 2015
Sturdy, great little lock set that looks different from most of the others! This helps identify your luggage when so many pieces on the luggage return looks similar! Anything you can do to look different is helpful in rejoining you with your precious luggage!
on March 24, 2015
These locks were sturdy and heavy, but one of them was difficult to open. The first few times I couldn't get the key to move the lock at all, but with some aggressive wiggling, I finally got it to budge. This is a concern, because something tells me the TSA agents aren't going to waste time tuggling and wiggling before just cutting the lock off. I also bought these locks because their advertised feature was that you can't remove the key before relocking (hence the TSA HAS to relock it!). That's not true. You can open the lock, turn the key back to the unlock position, and then pull the key out (without pushing the clasp back into the lock mechanism). The problem with this is that if you pull the key out before you've put the clasp back down, you can't push the clasp down at all. Again, I can see a TSA security agent opening the lock, pulling the key out, and then when the lock won't lock again (because you'd have to put the key back in and move it to the "locked" position), just tossing the lock and leaving your suitcase unlocked.
on April 11, 2016
These Master Lock padlocks are the best I have ever purchased . Being an ex stew I have had 50-75 locks and these are very strong and also stylish. The only negative would be that you cannot order the color you want , I wanted black but received blue . I have the feeling that these are the last little locks I will ever need Master Lock is the most reliable name in the industry.
on February 18, 2013
I hesitated to purchase these after reading so many poor reviews, but there wasn't anything comparable to choose from - small, keyed lock, multiple locks all keyed the same. I have bags that each need 4 locks, so for me these fit the bill. They are exactly as advertised and I've had no problems with them at all. They open and lock easily and are perfect for my bags. I bought 3 sets and tried begging in the memo on the order for 3 different colors, I didn't care what colors they were, just that they were different. Alas, I got 2 blue and one pink. Now I will have to distinguish the two blue sets from one another somehow. But, that's my only complaint - not being able to select color.
on July 24, 2012
I wish they allowed negative stars, most of the time you see Master lock and assume it is a good product. But not this time, all the other negative reviews are correct. The key is hard to insert (especially if you have it on a key ring), when you do insert the key and turn. The lock does not 'pop' open you must pull on it & to lock it the key MUST be in the lock & turned to the unlock position. Then you must slide the lock close and turn the key to have the lock, lock.

Horrible, horrible, horrible locks, as soon as I got home from my trip I threw these into the trash (since I had already thrown away the packaging).