Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 799 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 864 reviews
on February 19, 2013
These locks are fairly small, but seem to be very strong. Setting your own code is easy and only takes moments. The only negative is that the numbers on the dials can be hard to read in indoor light as others have pointed out. Also, they are not TSA approved, meaning if you put these on the outside of your luggage TSA will not be able to open them to inspect them. This is a plus to me as I don't care to lock my luggage for transport on the plane. It's the need to put items in my luggage and lock it while it's stowed at the hotel that I'm concerned with. Dishonest staff all know the TSA codes and having locks like these keep them out of your bags.

All in all, these are an excellent choice for luggage locks. They're strong and sturdy (in the Master Lock tradition) and you get to set your own code to unlock them. I deducted only for the readability problem of the letters in indoor light. 4.5 stars.
on April 24, 2016
These combination locks were super affordable and came with two locks, which I was very happy about! I started going back to the gym recently but I was out of a lock, and I was afraid I would have to purchase one of those master locks with a large dial on it (which I have a hard time opening sometimes) or the ones with a key, and I'd lose the key somewhere at the gym. These locks are super compact and you can set your own combination. Although these are less secure because of how small they are, and there are only 3* 0-9 digit combinations that you can set it as, I highly doubt anyone at the gym would sit there and try all the combinations. Anyway, I'm really glad that comes with two so I can give one to my co worker who also goes to the gym with me. It was also very easy to set up the combination the first time. One thing I do not like is that it is difficult to turn the dial sometimes.
review image
on January 26, 2017
I recently went on a trip to Thailand, and was concerned after reading articles about pickpocketing. While I am lucky enough to have avoided pickpockets abroad so far (...although not at Ruby Skye in SF...lol) I wanted to protect my baggage especially since I was carrying my DSLR.

I found that these locks were the perfect size for my backpack and duffel bag. I purchased another set of locks at first, but the actual wire portion was way too thick to fit in my backpack and duffel bag zipper pulls. These, on the other hand, fit perfectly and locked my bags without a problem. I had no trouble resetting, unlocking, and locking them throughout my trip!

The only thing I would change about these locks would be to add another number. A three-number combination just doesn't seem as strong... Regardless, I didn't deduct a star because you can easily see that it is a three-number combination and I still think these locks would deter a pickpocketer who would have a much easier time targeting someone with an unlocked bag.

Overall, would highly recommend these for traveling!
on June 16, 2017
These locks have held up under regular use on one of my equipment cases over the last few months and seem none the worse for wear. They protect against opportunists, and unlike keyed mini locks and padlocks, most of which I can pick in less than five seconds, these are immune to normal lockpicking. A good pair of wire cutters would make short work of them, but that isn't something a thief looking for a quickie is likely to use. It is something I'm likely to use if they ever get fail though, so I consider that an advantage.
I like these enough to buy more to replace all of my keyed mini locks.
on October 11, 2014
Perfect little travel bag locks. These are a great deterrent, but not much more than that. I use them when I store my clothes in the locker at the gym. I would not use them to lock my house or safe etc., but that's what they're for! No issues with them breaking or otherwise failing after 6 months of regular use.

Update
I have used these locks for over 2 years and I still love em. They still work perfectly and I still use them at the gym. They are the perfect deterrent and I love that I don't have to spin a stupid wheel lock back and forth 3 times and maybe mess up. This I can unlock in less than 5 seconds. It doesn't get easier.

I depend on other consumers for their truthful and detailed experience so I don't have to go into trouble of having a product that is not adequate. So as always, if you found this review helpful, click and vote YES so, that others will know! It makes me happy to know, that I have helped somebody on their decision based on my review. Thank you and have a great day.
on September 9, 2016
I used these luggage locks for my handbags. While I was traveling through Europe alone, I wanted to keep my possessions (and wallet) as secure as possible without messing around with keys. To protect myself and my stuff, I decided not to put any items in my pockets, but to put everything in a locked up handbag. My handbag had a zipper with two pulling parts, so I locked them up together. Using the number combination system was really easy whenever I needed to get into the bag to pay for something and was a theft deterrent​ while in the tourist areas of Rome and France. I would definitely recommend to travelers.
on August 9, 2014
What will these locks do: It will stop someone from easily being able to steal your stuff.

What won't it do: Stop someone who wants to steal your stuff from stealing it.

Most thieves are thieves of opportunity. They are the eptimoe of capitalism: They want the biggest reward for the smallest risk. They want to steal from you without ever being caught or even for the person to realize something was stolen.

If they want to steal from you there is nothing that you can do to stop them, but thankfully most thieves just want to reach in your bag, find something good, and take off, and think you misplaced it. All this does is showing a thief that if they want your stuff they are going to have a more difficult time with you than the other guy.

These locks will probably only take 5 or 10 minutes at most to easily try all the combos, so that means they are probably going to be able to open it in a couple minutes because most people use a crappy combo, like 555.

Notes:
+These were more solid than I expected.
-These are not TSA compliant locks.
The seller was shortpancho. I paid 5 bucks including shipping.

The lock is easy to set/reset and easy to use. The instructions are easy to understand. It seems well built and durable. It is made in China.

I am using it to lock an outside/outdoor gate. The lock is secure enough for my needs. The dials are easy to turn. I am happy with my purchase.

All measurements are in inches.
The shank/shackle measures 13/16 when closed (from lock body to outside top of shank).
The shank/shackle measures 11/16 when closed (from lock body to inside top of shank).
The lock body (the black part) measures 1-5/16 tall by 27/32 wide by 5/16 thick/deep.
The total height of the lock when closed from bottom to outside top of shank is 2-1/8.
on April 3, 2016
I use it for school more often, we have a locker, it is convenient, easy and safe, that’s all I am looking for. I don’t have the need to use this lock for luggage as I don’t travel or do business to other places. So I can’t give any advice about that, anyway, I believe it’s good enough for me, or you are a student, it will good for you too.
The only problem is they are a little narrow, not very prefect to open and lock.
on June 15, 2014
First I hope it's clear to everyone that these fall under the "keeping honest people honest" devices... I wouldn't use this to lock up valuables in a public place where the area is unattended, destroying the lock and accessing the contents of what it secures will take nothing more conspicuous than a large screwdriver. It's best thought of as a seal, something to keep someone out and alert you if someone's been in. It's not easily picked, the wheels can not be easily manipulated to reveal a soft spot when you pass the digit the combo it set at- no, they have to count to 999 one number at a time.
The combo sets easy and it's pretty solid for what it is, I looked at dozens of similar locks and it's the best for the money. I bought 8 (4 2 packs) and all were flawless in operation. All were black and gold colored.
These are NOT TSA approved so be aware if you fly with these you might as well throw them away.