BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on January 26, 2017
I recently went on a trip to Thailand, and was concerned after reading articles about pickpocketing. While I am lucky enough to have avoided pickpockets abroad so far (...although not at Ruby Skye in SF...lol) I wanted to protect my baggage especially since I was carrying my DSLR.

I found that these locks were the perfect size for my backpack and duffel bag. I purchased another set of locks at first, but the actual wire portion was way too thick to fit in my backpack and duffel bag zipper pulls. These, on the other hand, fit perfectly and locked my bags without a problem. I had no trouble resetting, unlocking, and locking them throughout my trip!

The only thing I would change about these locks would be to add another number. A three-number combination just doesn't seem as strong... Regardless, I didn't deduct a star because you can easily see that it is a three-number combination and I still think these locks would deter a pickpocketer who would have a much easier time targeting someone with an unlocked bag.

Overall, would highly recommend these for traveling!
on June 16, 2017
These locks have held up under regular use on one of my equipment cases over the last few months and seem none the worse for wear. They protect against opportunists, and unlike keyed mini locks and padlocks, most of which I can pick in less than five seconds, these are immune to normal lockpicking. A good pair of wire cutters would make short work of them, but that isn't something a thief looking for a quickie is likely to use. It is something I'm likely to use if they ever get fail though, so I consider that an advantage.
I like these enough to buy more to replace all of my keyed mini locks.
on August 9, 2014
What will these locks do: It will stop someone from easily being able to steal your stuff.

What won't it do: Stop someone who wants to steal your stuff from stealing it.

Most thieves are thieves of opportunity. They are the eptimoe of capitalism: They want the biggest reward for the smallest risk. They want to steal from you without ever being caught or even for the person to realize something was stolen.

If they want to steal from you there is nothing that you can do to stop them, but thankfully most thieves just want to reach in your bag, find something good, and take off, and think you misplaced it. All this does is showing a thief that if they want your stuff they are going to have a more difficult time with you than the other guy.

These locks will probably only take 5 or 10 minutes at most to easily try all the combos, so that means they are probably going to be able to open it in a couple minutes because most people use a crappy combo, like 555.

Notes:
+These were more solid than I expected.
-These are not TSA compliant locks.
The seller was shortpancho. I paid 5 bucks including shipping.

The lock is easy to set/reset and easy to use. The instructions are easy to understand. It seems well built and durable. It is made in China.

I am using it to lock an outside/outdoor gate. The lock is secure enough for my needs. The dials are easy to turn. I am happy with my purchase.

All measurements are in inches.
The shank/shackle measures 13/16 when closed (from lock body to outside top of shank).
The shank/shackle measures 11/16 when closed (from lock body to inside top of shank).
The lock body (the black part) measures 1-5/16 tall by 27/32 wide by 5/16 thick/deep.
The total height of the lock when closed from bottom to outside top of shank is 2-1/8.
on April 3, 2016
I use it for school more often, we have a locker, it is convenient, easy and safe, that’s all I am looking for. I don’t have the need to use this lock for luggage as I don’t travel or do business to other places. So I can’t give any advice about that, anyway, I believe it’s good enough for me, or you are a student, it will good for you too.
The only problem is they are a little narrow, not very prefect to open and lock.
on June 15, 2014
First I hope it's clear to everyone that these fall under the "keeping honest people honest" devices... I wouldn't use this to lock up valuables in a public place where the area is unattended, destroying the lock and accessing the contents of what it secures will take nothing more conspicuous than a large screwdriver. It's best thought of as a seal, something to keep someone out and alert you if someone's been in. It's not easily picked, the wheels can not be easily manipulated to reveal a soft spot when you pass the digit the combo it set at- no, they have to count to 999 one number at a time.
The combo sets easy and it's pretty solid for what it is, I looked at dozens of similar locks and it's the best for the money. I bought 8 (4 2 packs) and all were flawless in operation. All were black and gold colored.
These are NOT TSA approved so be aware if you fly with these you might as well throw them away.
on August 2, 2014
Good Value. Exactly what I was expecting (yes, I decided to pay for a 4-star product).
Simple but effective lock.
I bought it to use on my carry on and laptop bag. I travel a lot and sometimes I really don't fell comfortable to leave my luggage unlocked (maybe I saw too many movies), so I decided to buy some cheap but still strong lockers - and most important: NOT TSA approved - since they are for unchecked baggage I don't need TSA lock (which at the end are useless because there are limited set of keys)

Master lock 646T pros and cons are:
Pros:
1. Price
2. Robustness
3. Size

Cons:
3. Weight (they are a little bit heavy)
on September 27, 2016
These locks work great! They obviously aren't high security but they do provide a small amount of security and peace of mind. I bought these to use on bags for travel and they can fit in zipper holes to lock a suitcase or backpack. they could also be used on a small latch or something of the sort. If someone really wanted to they could pick this or cut it but it would be an extra step in between the and your stuff which can deter a lot of people right there. I hope this review helps!
on March 13, 2014
Not TSA approved which is nice. Most hotel workers can open TSA approved locks anyway. I would agree with the other commenters that it can be a little cumbersome to change the code the first time around. I'm not a genius but I didn't think I'd be outsmarted by a luggage lock. It took about 5 minutes but finally I was able to change the code. You just have to push down really hard after you spin around the shackle (See directions that come with it for changing codes). Once I changed the first combination I was able to change the other 3 (it's a two pack but I purchased 2 for a total of 4) with no problem. I was a little hesitant to use that much force because I didn't want it to break, but don't hold back.
on July 11, 2013
Didn't have any problems with it locking up or the combo changing by itself. Used these on my backpack when I traveled to Europe to make sure Pick-pocketers didn't take stuff from my backpack.