|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.1 x 3.7 x 1.8 inches|
|Item model number||653D|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.73 shipping
Master Lock 653D Set-Your-Own-Combination 2-inch Padlock, 1-Pack - Colors May Vary
|Price:||$12.15 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$1.84 (13%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Suggested uses, school, employee, athletic, storage lockers; cabinets, for indoor use only
- 2-inch (50mm) durable metal body withstands abuse and case hardened nickel plated 1/4-inch diameter shackle
- Quick read combo side window for easy viewing
- 4 chrome-plated dials with set-your-own combination convenience
- Colors may vary
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
Master Lock 653D Set-Your-Own-Combination 2-inch Padlock
Durable Steel Lock Easy to Find
The Master Lock 653D padlock features a durable metal body that withstands abuse. It has four chrome-plated set-your-own dials. In addition it features a high-tech silver finish with colorful, soft-touch bottom and side grips, making it easy to find.
Dimensions to Fit Most Lockers
This Lock has a 2 inch wide body and 3/4-inch shackle so it will fit any gym locker. The diameter of the shackle is almost 1-inch of Hardened steel for extra cut resistance, giving you the peace of mind and security you look for in a padlock.
Easy to Read Window
Quick Read Combo side window for easy viewing comes in three vibrant colors helping the numbers to stand out, and with set-your-own combination convenience. Colors are randomly selected for each order at the time of shipment.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:38 Mins|
I purchased this lock because it was the cheapest shackle-combination (i.e., just line the numbers up) on Amazon. I'm not unhappy with it, but I do have to say that the lock isn't totally intuitive. I'm leaving a video tutorial here because it took me awhile to understand the included instructions.
1. Setting the combination: The lock comes pre-set to 0000. Line up the shackles so that 0000 is what you see through the side color window. Then open the lock. There are two indentions cut into the lock body surrounding the metal shaft -- one is at the 9-o'clock position and one is at the 6-o'clock position. Turn the lock shaft so that the prong on the metal shaft lines up with the indention at the 6-o'clock position. Press the shaft down into the lock, and then continue turning the shaft to the right until you feel it lock into place. Now whatever numbers you set will be the new combination.
2. Closing the lock: This lock is weird in that the combination must be set to the correct/open position before you can close the lock. So you have to line up the dials to the combination, then close the lock, then hold it closed while you move the shackles away from the combination. Once the combination isn't showing in the window anymore, then the lock holds and doesn't come open. This kind of startled me the first time, because it wasn't what I was used to with my last combination lock.
This is a good work-a-day lock and it will do the trick for a gym locker. I'm not thrilled at having to have the combination in place before being able to lock it; it's kind of an awkward operation, and it also means that anyone else in the room has a chance to glimpse the correct combination when you're locking up, which I think is bad for security. But you get what you pay for, and this is a decent lock for the cheap price.
~ Ana Mardoll
Cons: Easy to use... Basically, you get what you pay for. Purchased this for $10 and found someone opened my lock at the gym. Good thing all my valuables were in my pocket. I was pissed so I looked online and to my surprise, there are guides on opening these types of locks. I recommend something more sophisticated and more $$ for added security.
-Easy to set a custom combination.
-The dials make it easy to quickly open and lock; much quicker than the old rotary combinations.
-The distinctive look makes it easy to spot my place in the locker room.
-Definitely as unsecure as any padlock; someone determined & knowledgeable can open these in seconds. For a gym locker it's perfect, but I would not use it for storage that had to be secure.
-It would be nice to be able to pick the lock color.
Changing the the four-number combination is extremely simple. 1) Set the numbers to 0-0-0-0. 2) Turn the the shackle counter clockwise 180 degrees and push it in. 3) Set your combo. 4) Release the shackle. It's really easy. And if you ever forget how to do it, there are instructional videos online. Because it's so simple to change to combo, this is a great lock for anyone who plans to share it with someone else (schoolchildren, for example).
The lock is mostly chrome, except for three small strips of translucent color around the perimeter. You can't pick the color, which is a bit odd. However, the colored portion of the lock is quite small, so I didn't really care. One other thing to point out is that the numbers on the lock are large enough for me to see without squinting. All in all this is a great product at an excellent price point.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm so pleased with this master lock. The process of setting the combination was extremely simple. The lock feels sturdy and tough to break, which a good lock should. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Peter Downey
So far so good, easy to setup, took a few seconds. will update later if things change.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Much easier to manage and is ideal for the average person,it's worth the price.Published 13 days ago by Johnson
I bought this lock to replace the identical lock that I had been using for a year before losing it. This lock is easy to use and the combination is straightforward to set. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer