Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Speed Dial Combination Lock, 2-1/8 in. Wide, Assorted Colors, 1500iD
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PADLOCK APPLICATION: For indoor use; Lock is best used for cabinets and school, employee, athletic, and indoor storage lockers
- EASE OF USE: Resettable directional combination lock for keyless convenience, set and reset your combination with directional movements up/down/left/right, allowing for faster, easier and more secure technology than a standard combination lock
- DURABLE DESIGN: Padlock includes metal body construction, hardened steel shackle, and anti-shim locking mechanism for improved strength and security
- SPECIFICATIONS: 2-1/8 in. wide lock body; 1/4 in. diameter with 1 in. length, 3/4 in. width; Available in Black, Blue, Purple, Red (Randomly selected at time of shipment)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy to Open In Low Light
The patented 1500iD Speed Dial Set Your Own Combination Lock features a first of its kind design. It opens on directional movements up, down, left and right, instead of the traditional rotary dial, with numbers or letters. This means you no longer need to see tiny numbers in the locker room where light is low.
Fits Most Lockers
The Master Lock 1500iD has anti-shim locking technology, this makes the lock more secure than traditional combination locks. The 1500iD is available in bright, high tech color choices, so it is easy to find in a locker room. The 1500iD Speed Dial Set Your Own Combination. Colors are randomly selected for each order at the time of shipment.
The lock is faster to open than traditional locks, more secure and customizable. Users can create their own easy to remember, resettable combination consisting of any number of movements in any sequence.
The Master Lock No. 1500iD Speed Dial Directional Set Your Own Combination Padlock features a 2-1/8in (54mm) wide metal body for durability. The 1/4in (6mm) diameter shackle is 1in (25mm) long and made of hardened steel, offering extra resistance to cutting and sawing. The patented up/down/left/right directional movement technology is faster, easier and more secure than a standard combination lock. The locking mechanism features anti-shim technology, offering maximum security. The Limited Lifetime Warranty provides peace of mind from a brand you can trust.
From the Manufacturer
Master Lock 1500iD speed dial, set your own combination lock. The patented 1500iD Speed Dial Set Your Own Combination Lock features a first of its kind design that opens on directional movements up, down, left and right, instead of the traditional rotary dial. The lock is faster to open than traditional locks, more secure and customizable. Users can create their own easy to remember, resettable combination consisting of any number of movements in any sequence. For users who prefer more traditional methods of recalling their combination, the lock includes adhesive letters, numbers, colors, shapes and symbols that can be applied over the lock's directional arrows. This lock feature anti-shim locking technology, making them more secure than traditional combination locks. Vibrant, high tech color choices mirror popular consumer electronic colors. The 1500iD Speed Dial Set Your Own Combination Lock is available in red, blue, black with chrome and black with green accents. Colors are randomly selected for each order at the time of shipment.
Compare with similar items
Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Combination Lock, 2 in. Wide, 178D
Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Speed Dial Combination Lock, 2-1/8 in. Wide, White/Pink, 1500iDPNK
Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Word Combination Lock, 1-1/2 in. Wide, Assorted Colors, 1535DWD
Master Lock 1500iD Speed Dial Combination Lock, Assorted Colors, 4, 4-Pack
Master Lock Resettable Combo Lock Speed Dial Asst Colors Red Black White Blue
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Gatzies||THE BT GROUP|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 4 x 2 in||6.56 x 1.18 x 3.5 in||6.3 x 3.3 x 1.9 in||5.5 x 3.5 x 2 in||6.3 x 3.3 x 1.9 in||3.8 x 3.3 x 6.3 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* When it functions properly, it is usually faster and easier than dialing a combination on a typical locker dial combination lock or spinning the 4 wheels of a 4-digit combo lock.
* It'easy on eyes that have trouble with little tick marks on dials.
* It's easy on fingers that have trouble with little wheels.
* It needs a thorough troubleshooting guide.
* Many times it just won't open when you enter the right sequence of moves.
* The shackle often sticks when you try to pump it up and down to clear a combination.
* The internal components are plastic and cast metal, not machined metal. That's why it malfunctions so often.
* Even though you can program it with a combination of arbitrary length, there are only 7,500 unique internal states, not counting the reset position. This means an internal state can be reached by more than one combo. For instance, if you program it to open with up-down-right-left it will also open with right-left-left because these two combos produce the same internal state. Another example is down-up-down-right is the same as left-down-right-right.
* Any combo with 12 or more moves is equivalent to some combo or combos with 11 or fewer moves. This is because it takes at most 11 moves to reach any of the internal states. (All this info is available in a PDF on the toool.nl site, just Google "toool master lock speed dial"). Programming with a really really long combo won't make it extra secure.
* Pushing the shackle down toward the lock body puts the internal wheels in the reset position. Several times the instructions refer to pumping the shackle twice in succession, and this is because they know the shackle can stick on the first pump. Well, it can also stick on the first two pumps, which also won't reset it. Pushing it down at least 4 or 5 times really quickly will ensure that it is really reset.
* If the lock doesn't open after you set it to your own combination, it's most likely because it didn't properly reset between entering the factory combination and your own. If this happens, the new combination is the factory combination followed by your own combination.
* There can be a lot of kickback in the opposite direction if you flick the button too fast. If you flick it to up really fast, it might actually move down below the center for a split second afterward, which effectively inserts an extra move in your combo. When you are setting the combination for the first time, do it slowly so you don't inadvertently insert extra moves.
* The instructions say to use the nib of a ball point pen to move the little lever to change the combo. It's better to use something less tough, like a piece of plastic, because the little lever is prone to breaking off. Don't use something hard or metal like a screwdriver or you might break it.
Overall I think it's too glitchy to secure anything important, but I do like playing around with it. I hope Master Lock comes out with a second version of this lock made with machined components some day. The concept is great, the manufacturing needs more quality control.
The Master Lock I received has proved hopelessly problematic and money down the tube, because for some reason they are not returnable, even when defective. I successfully unlocked it from the packaging. To be absolutely certain, I repeatedly viewed, via Amazon, the product "how to" video multiple times, jotted down sequential notes plus my personal combination sequence (up, up, right, left, down); and, following instructions, was resolute entering my combination in moving the dial "fully" in each required direction as well as not releasing the button but gliding the dial seamlessly through my combination sequence. Yet,
My lock will not open. Perhaps I could use it as a bright red seasonal paperweight. I know of no recourse or rescue as long as the lock is closed in lock position. I have tried both the package combination as well as my personal combination. Others, too, have tried but to no avail.
Unfortunately, it is a real disappointment for a product that initially I was wonderfully excited about and has great potential. For the locks that work, it is really kool! I just want my lock to work.
It opens only 10% of the time, so you're in the gym, naked, trying to get the stupid thing open, raising the eyebrows of the young guys who are already dressed by now.
I decided to try Amazon after getting two of these locks (which also did not work) from Home Depot. HD understood the problem and allowed me to return the defective locks.
Over a year ago I bought one of these and it works just fine. I guess I was lucky when I bought that one and got one of the few good ones.
I would NOT recommend that anyone purchase this lock. It is an excellent idea that does not work.
I am beginning to question ordering from Amazon after this negative experience.
Amazon cheated me out of my money this time, although, in the past, they have been good about returns.