Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growing Firm Hardcover – March 1, 2011
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"The undisputed expert in helping entrepreneurs grow their firms [has] now brought you his powerful ideas in book form." -- Ted Leonsis, Vice Chair, AOL Owner, Washington Capitals --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
From the Publisher
Says SelectBooks President Kenzi Sugihara, "Verne has a proven track record and a stellar reputation with top executives across this country. His new book offers the same rock solid guidance to a wider audience." --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Top customer reviews
• determining its core values,
• sharing and constantly repeating the core values,
• developing strategies and processes for the employees that support the core values,
• establishing and measuring goals, and
• holding people accountable to achieve the goals.
Some of the more important advice:
• Planning should be looked at in 90 day windows and 10 – 25 years from now
• Have the top five priorities for the year, the quarter, and the month
• Have a clear top one priority of the five priorities
• Have a theme that connects with your employees emotionally
• Everyone's individual priorities align with the company's priorities
• Measure daily, weekly, quarterly, and annually to know if you're acting consistent to your priorities
• Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings to maintain alignment and drive accountability
I'm an entrepreneur myself with a great background in sales and marketing, but with no management skills at all, so, when my companies start growing and demanding more delegation and structure i started to desesperetelly looking for answers.
This book gave me the foundations needed to apply DOZENS of time management and general management books and content i read prior to this book.
If your juggling between DOZENS of objetctives, projects and ideas... And somewhat you can't find HOW to organize your ideas, this book will give you the TOOLS (not just content) to make some serious shifts happen.
Totally recommend it. Even if you're very familiar with general management concepts, i'm sure you can find information and insights that can give you great insights about getting an organization to grow to the next level.
I have read this book no less than 11 times and have recommended it to countless friends & associates. If you want to give yourself the gift of timeless wisdom - READ THIS BOOK - study it - implement it - and share it with any business person that you care about!
Also - the Author, Verne Harnish, gives away tons of tools & resources on his website (just google Gazelles or Verne Harnish). Check it out & you'll see why I'm such a fan.