Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 14, 2015
This is a truly great book. The tree stars is to let readers know that the newer version of this same book with many improvements is called Scaling Up, same author. In the first chapter of Scaling Up, Verne says to throw this book away because it is infinitely improved in the re-write. I have them both.
on August 30, 2017
Great points, but harder for the owner of a smaller business. It is geared more for the "big." Still, things to be gleaned from and draw across to the small business owner. I am glad I purchased.
on April 10, 2014
If you are a believer in the idea that these habits are the way to go, then this book will help you get there. But there is more paperwork to the forms that I prefer and it falls short of the "balanced scorecard" approach from HBS.
on August 13, 2015
Easy to read, concepts well thought out and described in a way that inspires. Real world examples are very helpful. As with everything, the power is in the doing. Implement and it will prove successful! We did it at thefirstclub.com.
on June 26, 2014
The only mistake this book makes is positioning it as a tool for entrepreneurs and not for all business leaders. So many business books today focus on theories. This book is valuable because it gives real action steps along side of those theories. The ideas are so good that I found myself implementing some of them as I read the book. There are very few business books that made me want to reread them immediately (Getting Things Done was one), but I have already started a second pass on this one. As I told another marketer, if I my office were on fire and I could only save 5 books, this would be the first one I'd grab.
on April 4, 2014
Our company just came off of a two day retreat and strategic planning session. We couldn't be more excited about our future and feel better about the cohesiveness of our team! We're a 90 employees organization and are at a crossroads in our development and in the industry. We knew that we needed to rethink ourselves while at the same time get everyone on the same page. The format of this book was a perfect tool to lead our organization through the process and to pull our leadership team together. I definitely give it 5 star rating because the book isn't theory, it's a real 'how to' and lets the 'rubber meet the road' in short order.
on October 11, 2017
Perfect
on May 27, 2017
Good book. A little dated, of course, but good. This book refers to "Good to Great"...which is even better!
on February 23, 2015
A very good business book. Geared more towards an established business than the new entrepreneur, but there is still a lot of good info to glean from this book, without unnecssary fluff. More to the point than another highly recommended book, which had an overly verbiose and dull story about a pie maker running throughout the book. My husband read this book while he was recouperating from surgery and is reading it again. I take it in smaller 30 minute increments. Would highly recommend.
on October 17, 2015
Verne is a master when it comes to providing simple concepts to help run a growth business. I loved this book and have recommended it to several of my consulting clients.