From the Back Cover
Turn your fascination with trading into a lucrative, full-time career
Mastering the Trade presents you with a step-by-step, innovative approach for becoming a successful professional trader. Full-time trader and fund manager John F. Carter combines an insightful market overview with specific trading strategies and concepts, providing you with chart setups, trading methodologies, vital money management principles, essential psychological guidelines, advice on powerful hardware and software, and more.
This results-driven book sets aside timeworn basics and rehashed ideas to present and examine in detail the underlying reasons that cause prices to move. Its proven program can be used to consistently get in early on market moves, either jumping right back out when you realize you've made a mistake or hanging on for a long and profitable ride.
From valuable hardware and software to market mechanics, pivot points, position sizing, and much, much more, Mastering the Trade covers:
- The five psychological truths that you must know to transform yourself from a deer-in-the-headlights beginner into a savvy professional
- Proven set-ups, with optimal markets and a set of non-negotiable trading rules for increasing the effectiveness of each
- Exact entry, exit, and stop loss levels for the intraday trading of stocks, options, ETFs, emini futures, 30 year bonds, Forex currency markets, and more
- Seven key internals, from TICKS to 5-minute volume, that are critical for gauging pending market direction from the opening bell
- A pre-market checklist to analyze recent market behavior and calculate what you plan to do, how you plan to do it, and why
- Non-negotiable risk control techniques that protect trading capital, the most important component of a professional trading career
- Tools and techniques for stripping away the cookies, spam, and other hard drive cloggers that rob you of valuable computer speed
After spending years on various trading desks, John Carter developed an intuitive understanding of how the markets work. In Mastering the Trade, Carter gives you unlimited access to everything you need to know--which trading systems work best in specific markets, techniques for controlling losses, internal strategies for overcoming the danger of emotions--to make an exceptional living on the frontlines of professional trading.
Praise for John Carter's Mastering the Trade:
"Mastering the Trade is an excellent source for a basic understanding of market action, be it day and/or longer term trend trading. A programmer will have a field day with the many ideas that are in this book. It is highly recommended."
--John Hill, president of Futures Truth magazine
"John Carter's new book focuses quickly on the critical area of trader psychology, a realm that will often separate the trader from his wallet if it is not mastered first. The in-depth trading strategies clearly show how to respond to market moves based on real-world examples."
--Price Headley, founder of BigTrends.com and author of Big Trends in Trading
". . . Well written and packed with the kind of insight about the nature of trading and the markets that can surely benefit every level of trader."
--Mark Douglas, author of Trading in the Zone and The Disciplined Trader
"This is a must read for all new traders, specifically for the psychological aspect of trading. I am recommending it to all of my clients."
--Carolyn Boroden, Synchronicity Market Timing, LLC
Thanks to the market-proven advice in Mastering the Trade, you will avoid becoming "fresh meat" to other seasoned traders. John F. Carter, a veteran trader himself, arms you with the knowledge and tools you need to launch your foray into this precarious field and, most important, reap the financial spoils.
About the Author
John F. Carter, CTA, is president of Trade the Markets, Inc., and principal of the money management firm Razor Trading. Carter speaks often at Trader's Expo and other trading industry events, and is a regular contributor to SFO magazine, award-winning website tradethemarkets.com, and Chicago Board of Trade publications.