- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (July 8, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470249846
- ISBN-13: 978-0470249840
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,331,047 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mastering Windows Server 2008 Networking Foundations 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Master Windows Server 2008 networking from the ground up
Leading Windows authority and author of the bestselling Mastering Windows Server 2003, Mark Minasi, focuses on Windows Server 2008 in three new books that teach you everything you need to know to plan, install, maintain, and troubleshoot networks based on Windows Server 2008. This first book, Mastering Windows Server 2008 Networking Foundations, transforms the network user into a hands-on network administrator. Get a thorough grounding in basic networking concepts as well as complete instruction in Windows Server 2008 installation and management. Master the techniques in this book and you'll have the foundation for two other books from Minasi, each targeting specific needs of Windows Server administrators: Mastering Windows Server 2008 Essential Technologies and Mastering Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Technologies.
- Understanding networks and their component hardware, software, and protocols
- Setting up and deploying security from day one for your networks
- Installing Windows Server 2008 and configuring a host of options and choices
- Mastering the GUI, the command line, the Registry, and Group Policy
- Using the Microsoft Management Console to create your own "cockpit"
- Deciphering Windows storage concepts and TCP/IP and IPv4 networking basics
- Learning DNS top-to-bottom so your Active Directory can stay active
- Laying the groundwork for Directory Services, Active Directory, and the day-to-day administration of Windows Server 2008
Note from the Author to owners of previous Mastering Windows Server books
This book aims to provide new Windows network administrators the basics that they need to understand Active Directory and other concepts, and if you've read one of my earlier Mastering Windows Server books then you may want to start out with the second book, Essential Technologies – but look through the Table of Contents and decide for yourself.
About the Author
Mark Minasi, Directory Services MVP, is one of the world's leading Windows authorities. He teaches classes in two dozen countries and is a much sought-after speaker at conferences and industry gatherings. His firm, MR&D, has taught tens of thousands of people to design and run Windows networks. Mark has written more than 25 books for Sybex, including the market-leading Mastering Windows Server 2003 and The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If this is the first book on Windows you buy maybe it would work. Frankly reading the old 2003 book would give you more information. Minasi should never have put his name on this or clearly labeled it as an introduction, this foundation is only big enough to support an outhouse.