- File Size: 2936 KB
- Print Length: 236 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Prism Book Group (July 7, 2017)
- Publication Date: July 7, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071JWQRX4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#481,295 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1426 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Historical
- #2074 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- #2305 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Religious
A Match for Melissa (Honor's Point Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 236 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to A Match for Melissa (Honor's Point Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
An enjoyable read!
Melissa Southwood is the daughter of an ambitious social-climbing father who wants to sell her off in exchange for a title. It’s his fondest dream. Melissa has dreams of her own, triggered even more so by finding a handsome man in a ditch. But before she could get to know him, she’s whisked back to London to be wooed by someone else.
She wants a man who is a believer and she’s not too sure about this one. When Mark, the man she rescued, shows up in town she finds herself drawn to him. Her father’s mind is set. One aristocrat desperate for money is soon pitted against another with a damaging past who has recently come to know God. Which one will win? How can she get her stubborn father to see reason?
Add in Mark’s aunt, a widow with charms of her own, and meddling relatives of Mark bent on acquiring a fortune by foul means, and you have a complicated but sweet romance that will leave you smiling with her happily-ever-after ending.
The great news is this is the first book in a series of three in the Honor’s Point Series, so we can look forward to more sweet, clean, Regencies from this fabulous new author.
The author did her homework. “A Match for Melissa” is chock full of details on life in rural England and upper class London. The characters are delightful. Unless they are bad. (The bad ones are really wonderfully bad.) Melissa is an intelligent woman with an independent bent to her nature who still functions inside the strict rules of protocol for her class. Her father, also independent, but with greater latitude and freedom than a woman, is in charge not only of the family fortune but also the choice of Melissa’s future husband. Much of the tension comes from wondering when Melissa will be able to be matched with the man she really loves.
Plenty of minor characters add flavor and fun and dimension—the English dressmaker who affects (badly) a French accent, an ancient butler, and a cad of a suitor. The author has a gentle wit and a passionate, unashamed faith. “A Match for Melissa” is my first Regency from this author but Lord willing it won’t be my last!
Melissa Southwood goes along with her ambitious father’s matchmaking schemes until one event throws all into question.
Amidst balls, carriage rides, dinner parties, and danger, Melissa must navigate an arranged courtship as well as the attentions of another nobleman.
Which aristocratic suitor will win her heart?
I don't read much inspirational romance so the premise of this title was somewhat surprising in the blatant Christian vein.
I had not expected a story based on so much of a religious nature. It was an unexpected surprise.
There is a great deal of suspense along with a suspected murder an attempted murder and an abduction. This is only the background of a story of a young lady who must choose a groom. Her choices, an almost destitute and possibly dissolute young nobleman who needs her money to keep him from certain ruin or the other nobleman who was found by her beaten and thrown in a flooded ditch and left to die.
Who will the winner be in this convoluted story? Will it be the man her father has chosen for her or will her heart lead her to the other man that she found near death in a ditch? Both are from the aristocracy so either way her father will get his wishes.
I gave this book 4.0 of 5.0 stars for storyline and characterization and a sensual rating of 1.0 of 5.0 flames. This story is more religious and thoughtful than sensual therefore the low sensuality rating. It is a good debut effort, and should only get better with additional books.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book via NetGalley from the publisher to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this title which I read and reviewed voluntarily.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational