Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on April 25, 2013
This is book 3 of 4. Obviously I have read the first 3. All the males are alpha, arrogant, egotistical and all the books start with the males wanting a female for only a one night stand. All the men in this series (as of book 3) have series 'commitment' issues. None want to commit. In books 1 and 2 the females was strong and sassy. They stood up to the males, gave as good as they receive.

Now in book 3 the male was widowed, his wife having died in childbirth. The deceased wife was the 'love of his life', first love, childhood sweethearts, mother of his child and after 12 years was still mourning her and declaring to every female he had sex with that he was not in for anything except sex as he had already had love and no one would ever replace her.

On a personal note I have to say that if a male told me that I would have to say well OK, hi and bye.

The female takes one look at the male and is in love with him, no kiss, no handshake, no hug, nothing but a look. The male was rude and a total jerk to her throughout the entire book and she took it. It was only about the 7 pages from the end in which the female is leaving to go spend Christmas with her parents and she is being flown by the jerks brother and the plane crashes that jerk thinks - oh I love her, nothing can happen to her I can't live without her. So he rescues her, his daughter and his brother where the female promptly tells him that she loves him and passes out. When she wakes up he tells her he loves her but his first wife will always be his first love and then he asked her to marry him and of course she said yes.

Now I was just not feeling the love in this story, it just didn't hold you. I was actually speed reading pages just so I could finish the book and go on to something else. This book did not hold my interest and it didn't make me feel good about them either.
on February 29, 2016
The first two books were OK. The third was abysmal. Justin was rude., MEAN but worse he was crude. All but calling her a whore, self centered, manipulative, a liar and worse. Not only that he makes most of these accusations multiple times. To say the author was heavy handed Is an understatement. The same beach handedness was in the first two books but it's out of control here. The Fujii lead male is a kero but the lead female is just as bad in other ways. What 6th grade teacher wears a velvet cocktail dress with an open back and low cleavage with diamonds and emeralds to a middle school Homecoming dance? Why would she take his insults? There was nothing appealing about this guy except his looks. I've only read the first three books but they all use the same formula. Over bearing arrogant angry men who hate women. You would think they were the only males to ever lose a mate. And the fourth book is set up for more of the same. Another angry male. I've had enough I really only liked the first novel so I'm throwing in the towel.
on July 8, 2015
This is the 3rd book in the Diamondback Ranch series. It can be read as a standalone. I love this series so far. The 1st book is, The Doctor Wears A Stetson. It was about high school sweethearts falling in love again 17 years later. The 2and book was, The Cowboy's Surrender . It was about a gruff cowboy that was mad because his sister in law had leased the mineral rights to his ranch. A company started drilling. He had a fierce attraction to Gillian who was over the drilling operation.

Book 3 in the series touched my heart. Kelsey wanted a mom. Her mom died when she was born. she felt guilty about her mothers death. She also wanted her dad to be happy. Austin had mourned his wife's death for 12 years. He loved his wife, for they were high school sweethearts. It killed him when she died, leaving him to raise Kelsey all alone. Kelsey knows who she wants to be her mom. She finds reasons for her dad, to spend time with her favorite teacher Theresa. The chemistry is there. sparks flew throughout the book. Austin is not ready to give his heart away just yet. There are times that he is a jerk. I was glad when he realized that his daughter was playing matchmaker. This is a really good book. I also loved all the other characters. A plane crash at the end had me holding my breath, and praying everyone was going to be okay. You will just have to read this book.

on November 25, 2016
This wasn't too bad. I love this series. Austin drove me pretty crazy at times (not in a good way). But the chemistry was palpable! Loved these characters. I was rooting for them from the beginning (actually since the previous book where we first see them thrown together). Love this lady's writing style. She is quickly becoming one of my favorites to read.
on April 23, 2015
While I really enjoyed the previous two stories, I loved this one. And I thought from the promo blurb I didn't really want to read it. Instead I couldn't put it down! The characters seemed more honest and believable. The interactions between the characters was heartfelt and touching while not getting too gushy...

I'm ready for number 4.
on August 16, 2014
I liked this book. It's not going to be the talk of the water cooler. It's just cute and quick and reasonably satisfying. Although there are parts at the end where his author insults the intelligence of her reader, with a plot too contrived for even this lover of melodrama. Still, a good read. Worth the price of admission.
Marita
Read my stuff, too!
on August 12, 2012
I've already read the stories about Cameron & Dallas. They were so good that I had to download the rest of the series. While I loved the story itself, but during most of the story, I didn't like the way Austin treated poor Theresa. I know how tormented he was the the death of his wife, who died during child birth over 12 years ago. I totally understand that. But... that is still no reason to act so rude and condescending towards anyone, like he did to her.. And I know it's because he thought Theresa was trying to scheme her way into his life, but he still should not have treated her like he did. Not without checking things out, and knowing all the facts first. I don't know why she didn't slap the crap out of him a few times. I know if it were me, there's no doubt he would have worn a few really good red hand marks across his face.

Here's another thing that bugged me....after he finally beds her, he disappears and tells her that he doesn't ever want to see her again. WTH??? She gave him her virginity, and he treats her like total crap. My heart broke for her completely. She didn't deserve to be treated like garbage just because he couldn't get past the loss of his wife. If he didn't want it to go any further, he should have sat her down and been nice about it instead of lashing out at her and being so darn cruel about it. It's as if he thought of no one but himself most of the time.

Kelsey, she's so cute at times, but what a little schemer. Something tells me in the next few stories in this series, she'll have her hands in a little matching making too, unless someone learns to rein her in a bit..

Would I recommend this book? Yes, it's a little more controversial than the other stories so far, but it's still a really good story. One that will make you feel just about every emotion you've ever felt before. Some good, and some not so good.
on May 15, 2015
Wow, what is sweet little Kelsey up to? She has a 'project'- get Miss Rogers and her dad together. Miss Rogers is willing, but her dad is completely against it. After 12 years, he still morns her mom.
This is a heart wrenching story, but the chemistry between Theresa and Austin sizzles off the pages. As they navigate their relationship and try to resist the sexual attraction between them, it is entertaining, passionate, and heart-wrenching. I love the McCade clan, they are a great family that are very passionate and loving. I've enjoyed all of the books in this series, read the whole book in an evening, couldn't put it down.
on June 5, 2013
The whole Diamondback Ranch series is well done. Novark is a great storyteller. This one really got me though. Maybe it is because I am a school teacher, or that the idea of isolation due to pain makes some sense to me...whatever the reason, it moved me. The fact that the protagonist has put his love life on hold for 12 years after his wife died will make any red blooded woman pull for the underdog. C'mon, we know he can love deeply, and we want to see it happen. The earlier novels in the series show that family and love are important to the clan. What's most entertaining is when Austin becomes a victim to his own heart and body. This book gets bonus points for lusty gal grabbing and frustrating farewells.

Oh, and I also like that the tween daughter gets in the middle of things. Kids! What're ya gonna do?
on October 27, 2013
This book follows along similar guidelines as The Cowboy's Surrender but both books are steamy, erotic stories. Austin McCade is one of the McCade brothers of the Diamondback ranch. He is raising his twelve year old daughter, Kelsey, with some help from his mother, since his wife's death when his daughter was born. Austin appears cold, aloof, distant, even abrupt, especially to Theresa Rogers, Kelsey's teacher. In reality, he gets physically affected, in the obvious way, when he is around Theresa. Kelsey loves Theresa and wants her dad to re-marry so she sets out to bring her father and Theresa together. Her schemes backfire when her father accuses Theresa of pursuing him and basically warning her to stay away from him.