Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 21, 2016
This is a great little gift set at a reasonable price. It comes with 9 matchbox cars in various styles. The set I received included a train, police boat, race cars, bull dozers, and construction trucks. Each set comes with an exclusive vehicle. Ours was a fire truck. They appear to be plastic, but the overall quality is decent. If your kid loves playing with cars, he or she will love this.

One thing to note though is that the styles are chosen at random so you don't know what you'll get. I ordered two sets and received the same exact one for both. Luckily I bought these for two different boys in different households so it wasn't an issue for me. But just something to keep in mind.
review image
24 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 8, 2017
As always, we love them! I was disappointed that the boat that came with this had no wheels on the trailer, so it can't GO anywhere. Struck me as strange to be included under "9 CAR giftpack", as technically it was only 8 and a boat. But, still enjoying it very much. Leave the boat out next time and give us another car!
5 people found this helpful
on April 10, 2017
I would give it 5 stars if they actually let you know which style are you gonna get. I bought it to teach my daughter about different types of cars/trucks and I got 9 cars and one boat. I think it is best if they make a one package that has different kinds on it, maybe increase the price a little if they have to. Maybe someone here knows a brand that sells different kinds of automobiles in one package? That would be great and be very helpful.
on January 18, 2016
I purchased this product via Prime shipping and received it in 2 days packaged in a small shipment box- very easy to open. The set includes 9 different Matchbox cars/trucks. I purchased this set as a gift for my 4 year old nephew and he loved them. He immediately opened them and started playing them- this was my first Matchbox purchase and I was very happy with the quality of the cars/trucks. To my surprise my 19 month old daughter loved them also so I will be purchasing another set for her in the near future. I definitely give this product 5 stars. Thanks for making such a great product!
4 people found this helpful
on December 5, 2012
I like this Matchbox collection. The toys will attracted a child's eye. They are brightly colored metal & plastic with appropriate decals. They are shiny. They come in a box where each vechicle is in it's own space eliminating scratches during shipping. They are manufactured in Thailand. The wheels turn. Some of the smaller parts, such as tires, gas tanks, bumpers, etc. may break off if your child really puts some effort in to it, so it really is not for a child under 3. A toy with a broken part may have resulting sharp and/or pointed areas. I like this collection and may buy a different set (selection) later for a birthday present. If your child is vehicle oriented, I do believe they weill like this set.
25 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
I purchased this for my nephew and he loved it. He started busting it open the minute he unwrapped it. He was so excited when he saw it. he couldn't contain his excitement. I knew that i did good when he was wanting me to help him open it. I would recommend this to everyone with a little boy
on November 7, 2015
I purchased this for a 3 year old boy for his birthday and he couldn't be happier! A little boy can never have too many cars right?! He was excited to see so many cars and did not want to put it down after he opened it. It comes with 9 different cars. This is an inexpensive gift but an exciting gift for any little boy or girl who loves to play with cars. Even my 3 year old girl would love to have this as a gift! Great deal for this car set! Perfect for a birthday or Christmas present.
on August 18, 2016
I bought this as a birthday gift for my son's little friend that was turning two. It was the perfect set for such an occasion. When I got it in, I could tell that it was exactly what I was looking for. The cars were very nice looking. His friend seemed very happy when he opened it at his birthday party!
|0Comment|Report abuse
Here are the nine vehicles I received the other day in my MATCHBOX X7111 9-CAR GIFT PACK (first purchase):

1. Front-loader
2. Dune Buggy
3. Porsche "Cayenne" Sedan, singled out as the "Exclusive" vehicle in this set
4. Fork lift
5. Green futuristic race car
6. Black open "Swamp Commander"
7. Ford F-550 "Super Duty" pickup truck with electric equipment in bed
8. Grey Range Rover "Evoque"
9. Purple Zamboni (ice-rink cleaner)

Observations:
(a) Mattel bought the British Matchbox line twenty years ago (1997) and since then has taken it toward a "world" orientation. Makers represented here include Porsche, Ford, Range Rover and Zamboni.
(b) Although this kind of vehicle still goes by the name of "die-cast," not all are completely or mostly made of metal. The most diappointing model to me is the earth-mover because the orange plastic body doesn't look right, especially next to a similarly colored dune buggy that is mostly metal and very well detailed.
(c) Not all these items are road vehicles; some are industrial vehicles (earth-mover, fork-lift, Zamboni).
(d) Even so, my favorite item is the Zamboni because the purple body is so well and consistently colored. My second least favorite item is the "Swamp Commander," with its fake brown sideways wheels (for propulsion on water?) and its tiny "real" wheels down below.
(e) Matchbox cautions that not all the vehicles may be compatible with other Matchbox equipment.
(f) These items were made in Thailand, and quality of fabrication is very good.
(g) Matters of compatibility aside, these vehicles are small enough that they look much the same size as Mattel's Hot Wheels line (1:64). Their size relative to the larger "CARS" line (based on the Disney*Pixar animated movies) at 1:55 scale is noticeable.

Judgment: Good vehicles at a very compelling price, currently just over $1.00 apiece. You or your children may not have use for all of them, though. Should make a really nice gift for the right kind of kid.

I intend to buy again, and if my experience varies widely from this one, will amend this review accordingly. - Al Smalling, Chicago USA
26 June 2017
5 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2016
Broke the second round we went to play. I might be unlucky and got a faulty one but to say the least my kids were broken hearted being it was a Christmas gift.
I didn't ask for a refund or anything so I'm sure the company is probably good but the toy itself is what got the low rating.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.