Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 808 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 894 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 21, 2016
This is a great little gift set at a reasonable price. It comes with 9 matchbox cars in various styles. The set I received included a train, police boat, race cars, bull dozers, and construction trucks. Each set comes with an exclusive vehicle. Ours was a fire truck. They appear to be plastic, but the overall quality is decent. If your kid loves playing with cars, he or she will love this.

One thing to note though is that the styles are chosen at random so you don't know what you'll get. I ordered two sets and received the same exact one for both. Luckily I bought these for two different boys in different households so it wasn't an issue for me. But just something to keep in mind.
on July 18, 2016
We received a set that is different from any of the four sets shown in the pictures. It's okay, just not the style I expected.
on June 23, 2017
I am giving these 2 stars. I knew style varied from the description. I ordered 2 boxes; one for my son and one for nephew as an Eid gift. One set was okay...had a SWAT vehicle that I thought was cool...but the other one was awful (and looks cheap). It didn't have even 1 'ooh' car. Can go to the dollar store and buy what you want so with similar pricing for a random assortment I would at least expect each pack to have at least 1 nice car. Now I am not sure what to do...the kids fight over cars so I have a feeling if I give that the kid with the bad pack will be fighting for the cars in the other pack. They like police cars , taxi's and school buses a lot so I was hoping to get these...or the helicopter as shown. My son would even settle for a regular bus but neither pack had.

I gave this 2 stars originally but I have updated it to 1 star. I ended up ordering 3 more sets in hopes that one of them would be a good set...better than the one I wanted to replace from the first order. Instead I got 3 duplicate sets...also the same exact set as the one I wanted to replace. Frustrating to say the least.
5 sets of cars and 4 of them the exact same?? Worst part is it is a junk set...no good cars in it. I won't dare trying a third time. Now I have to figure out a different gift bcs I can't count on Amazon
on December 22, 2014
After exclusively using hot wheels my entire childhood, what a sweet surprise it was to discover matchbox cars with my son in Target one day. My first impression was that (within the same price range) matchbox cars are much much better built that their hot wheels counterparts, although both matchbox and hot wheels are from the same parent company. Hot wheels are mostly focused on creating fantasy versions of various race cars... and these fantasies do run extremely wild with some models. Matchbox cars are mostly miniature replicas of real world vehicles, plus construction vehicles plus fantasy versions of these construction vehicles. To give you another example.... hot wheels mostly look like various versions of a bat-mobile and matchbox look like various versions of an army truck. Also, I feel that hot wheels cars drift better while matchbox cars travel straighter and hence more suitable for playing car smash :)
on December 5, 2012
I like this Matchbox collection. The toys will attracted a child's eye. They are brightly colored metal & plastic with appropriate decals. They are shiny. They come in a box where each vechicle is in it's own space eliminating scratches during shipping. They are manufactured in Thailand. The wheels turn. Some of the smaller parts, such as tires, gas tanks, bumpers, etc. may break off if your child really puts some effort in to it, so it really is not for a child under 3. A toy with a broken part may have resulting sharp and/or pointed areas. I like this collection and may buy a different set (selection) later for a birthday present. If your child is vehicle oriented, I do believe they weill like this set.
on January 18, 2016
I purchased this product via Prime shipping and received it in 2 days packaged in a small shipment box- very easy to open. The set includes 9 different Matchbox cars/trucks. I purchased this set as a gift for my 4 year old nephew and he loved them. He immediately opened them and started playing them- this was my first Matchbox purchase and I was very happy with the quality of the cars/trucks. To my surprise my 19 month old daughter loved them also so I will be purchasing another set for her in the near future. I definitely give this product 5 stars. Thanks for making such a great product!
on June 6, 2016
This will be a varied package, you will probably not get a set pictured as there are over 25 combinations.

Matchbox cars can be about $1 a piece on sale; however, you receive an exclusive, 9-car gift pack car that you can only get from these sets when you purchase this. If you're looking to collect all of the cars, you would be better off trying to find a store that stocks these so you can physically pick the sets instead of chancing Amazon sending you two of the same.
on March 8, 2017
As always, we love them! I was disappointed that the boat that came with this had no wheels on the trailer, so it can't GO anywhere. Struck me as strange to be included under "9 CAR giftpack", as technically it was only 8 and a boat. But, still enjoying it very much. Leave the boat out next time and give us another car!
on November 23, 2013
Missing car, paint chipped off of vehicles because of previous play. One windshield broke on one of the cars, packaging was terrible. Would never buy from this person again!!! What a disappointment to my grandson in Germany!
on December 1, 2016
I purchased this for my nephew and he loved it. He started busting it open the minute he unwrapped it. He was so excited when he saw it. he couldn't contain his excitement. I knew that i did good when he was wanting me to help him open it. I would recommend this to everyone with a little boy

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.