YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis La La Land Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 708 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 799 reviews
on December 5, 2012
I like this Matchbox collection. The toys will attracted a child's eye. They are brightly colored metal & plastic with appropriate decals. They are shiny. They come in a box where each vechicle is in it's own space eliminating scratches during shipping. They are manufactured in Thailand. The wheels turn. Some of the smaller parts, such as tires, gas tanks, bumpers, etc. may break off if your child really puts some effort in to it, so it really is not for a child under 3. A toy with a broken part may have resulting sharp and/or pointed areas. I like this collection and may buy a different set (selection) later for a birthday present. If your child is vehicle oriented, I do believe they weill like this set.
on November 23, 2013
Missing car, paint chipped off of vehicles because of previous play. One windshield broke on one of the cars, packaging was terrible. Would never buy from this person again!!! What a disappointment to my grandson in Germany!
on December 17, 2013
I ordered this set for my 2 year old grandson. There is not one service vehicle in the mix. I received all off road and race cars. I did not even see this pack shown in the picture. Very deceiving advertising.
on November 26, 2014
Ordered 2 of these.... The listing shows 4 different sets and says what they send may varies... well I got a completely different set then any of them that was pictured and instead of 2 different ones I got 2 of the exact same ones... Not overly happy with this purchase, If they had the ones I got pictured I wouldn't have even ordered because they are not what I was looking for, the 4 shown all would have been way better... If I could have found these in stores I would have just bought them there.
on December 22, 2014
After exclusively using hot wheels my entire childhood, what a sweet surprise it was to discover matchbox cars with my son in Target one day. My first impression was that (within the same price range) matchbox cars are much much better built that their hot wheels counterparts, although both matchbox and hot wheels are from the same parent company. Hot wheels are mostly focused on creating fantasy versions of various race cars... and these fantasies do run extremely wild with some models. Matchbox cars are mostly miniature replicas of real world vehicles, plus construction vehicles plus fantasy versions of these construction vehicles. To give you another example.... hot wheels mostly look like various versions of a bat-mobile and matchbox look like various versions of an army truck. Also, I feel that hot wheels cars drift better while matchbox cars travel straighter and hence more suitable for playing car smash :)
on August 6, 2014
Bait and switch. I agree with an earlier reviewer on the cheapness of the toy automobiles/trucks (plastic, not die-cast) and the assortment was drab, dark colors. The "Styles May Vary" gives the seller to opportunity to switch in low quality product. Avoid buying. I won't make the same mistake twice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 21, 2016
This is a great little gift set at a reasonable price. It comes with 9 matchbox cars in various styles. The set I received included a train, police boat, race cars, bull dozers, and construction trucks. Each set comes with an exclusive vehicle. Ours was a fire truck. They appear to be plastic, but the overall quality is decent. If your kid loves playing with cars, he or she will love this.

One thing to note though is that the styles are chosen at random so you don't know what you'll get. I ordered two sets and received the same exact one for both. Luckily I bought these for two different boys in different households so it wasn't an issue for me. But just something to keep in mind.
review image
on November 1, 2015
This is a great value, and my 19mo old loves it. The mixes do vary from what's pictured here: for example we didn't get a helicopter (or any of the cars pictured here). It was still a good mix of cars and trucks, however. Included two sports cars, a mail truck, a sushi truck, water truck, a seeder, an amphibious vehicle, and others. All well printed and with interesting details.
review image
on December 22, 2012
great gift for my grandkids ages 4 & 6. They play for hours on end with these cars and playsets. Never enough matchbox cars to keep with you everywhere you go.
on December 8, 2015
NOTE WELL "STYLES MAY VARY"! I will have to return the sets that were sent. The photos show cute trucks and vehicles, which our grandson would love, what was sent were a boxes of plain looking cars, (all pretty much the same) that no young child will find interesting. This is essentially "Bait and Switch". Bah humbug!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.