Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 20, 2014
A lot of the reviews here comment regarding the selection of cars received in this 20 pack of Matchbox cars so I thought I would share my current experience. I just ordered this item on 12/18/14 and regarding 'selection may vary' I'm happy to report that what I received is exactly what is pictured in the first two pictures on this product page.

That includes (from what I can see and identify) 1. red car, 2. police lamborghini, 3. brown corvette, 4. brown mustang, 5. matchbox fire company chief's car, 6. tow truck, 7. dinom8x off road vehicle, 8. recycler truck, 9. fire vehicle (not your normal fire truck), 10. r3con off road vehicle, 11. police SUV, 12. construction grader, 13. jeep wrangler, 14. r3con off road vehicle, 15. army truck, 16. large construction vehicle, 17. bulldozer, 18. travel tracker safari vehicle, 19. mbx rescue and 20. tractor.

Personally I think this is a good selection and represents a few different categories of vehicles, including emergency type vehicles (2, 5, 9, 11, 19), construction type vehicles (12, 16, 17, 20), off road vehicles (7, 10, 13, 14, 15, 18) and the rest a mix of more regular vehicles (1, 3, 4, 8). I like that because it gives kids a nice enough selection of 4-6 cars to play with depending on what mood they're in.

Anyhow, I was somewhat hoping this was the set that I'd receive though I didn't get my hopes up realizing 'selection may vary' so I am pleased this is what was sent. As others have noted, there is more plastic on these than I remember my cars having when I was a kid, but I think part of that is that they're also getting a bit more creative with the designs with some of these oddball vehicles. I'd say Matchbox are still among the higher quality cars you can buy, and certainly better than those knock off brands. Overall I am satisfied with this purchase.
4 people found this helpful
on September 1, 2015
I recently ordered these for my young son and we love them! They are a wonderful variety of vehicles with several unusual ones. He was so excited that he jumped up and down clapping. These would be a wonderful gift for any small child who loves cars. Always like to have one in my purse or some in the glove compartment for those unexpected waits. Makes it pass more happily for everyone involved.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
It came with a decent variety of cars along with some unique vehicles. I was always a fan of matchbox cars when I was young so I thought this would be a great gift for my young nephew. He loves cars and he loved his gift. Easy to recommend.
3 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2018
This is a great deal for the price! We use them as potty training rewards and our son just LOVES them. The helicopter, snowmobile and little bucket loader are his favorites so far. Please note, however that they do not come individually packaged like when you get them at the store. These come in two plastic molded trays that are then in a plastic bag inside a large branded box.
on April 6, 2018
So the first shipment was only a pack of 5 cars. I returned that and the second was a shipment of 19 cars. Very frustrated as it was for my sons birthday but the 19 cars do look good that came. There is a great assortment of vehicles in the pack. A few emergency vehicles which my son was happy about and helicopters and hot rods and tractors.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I've bought one of these sets and two of the hot wheels 20-pack car sets, and I enjoy this matchbox set more.

This set included monster trucks, a tractor, a tow truck and odd vehicles that my 2-year-old finds very interesting. Some of the vehicles have multiple colored pieces on them, and they just look like impressive toys. The hot wheels set included more realistic street cars (chevy corvette, porche 911, honda s2000, etc), but they weren't as flashy to a non-car person.

In short, I enjoy the hot wheels because of their realism, but my kid likes the matchbox because they just look cool.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Great set for goody bags, easter eggs, giveaways. The cars in the set are as pictured. The selection is pretty vanilla and there's nothing in there that is rare or outstanding but for the price - I got it at 50 cents a car - it's great for party favor bags, medium sized Easter eggs or just for starting out a car collection.
on April 10, 2016
Perfect for little prizes the kids earn at school. All the parents chip in so the kids can can exchange gold stars for prizes they earn by completing tasks, being kind, turning in homework on time, etc. My sons class is a special class for children of autism so these things mean a lot for them. These little cars they'll love to love. Shipping was fast and the product is great. Thanks!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
great mix of cars if you're looking for an instant group! Grandsons coming and both are matchbox fans, thus the set! A wide range of interesting vehicles. They spend time "evaluating" each one. I am certain this group will be no different... I never hesitate to update my review should new info seem useful.
on March 12, 2015
This is exactly what I expected. The cars are not excellent quality. But I bought these for my 19 month old to play with. He hasn't mastered the art of grace, so the cars are constantly banged against hard surfaces, and dropped from heights to the wood floors. He has a nice set of cars that he loved playing with, but he was destroying them. So, until he's a little bit older, we wanted him to have a set of cars that we weren't worried about him destroying. These fit the bill. Some of the cars have metal bodies, and most have plastic chassis. He's been playing with/devastating them for the last two months, and they've held up well. Some of the cars have chipped paint, but it doesn't surprise me a bit. The variety he received was fantastic. There were a few "regular" cars (a Cadillac, a Porsche, a Lamborghini), but most are rescue type vehicles.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.