Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on September 18, 2014
Great read for the kid obsessed with numbers. And a wonderful way to bridge numbers into just about every part of your day. Opens up the regular day to a math problem for my 5 year old, who loves math. He is already very good at it, but I think it will come in handy with my now 2.5 year old, who doesn't have quite the love of numbers as he always has.
on January 29, 2015
Don't get this for a toddler. For kids in 1st grade or higher.
on May 27, 2014
I am currently in an Elementary Education program and my Mathematics teacher read this book to our class, and we all immediately fell in love! This book is great to read to the class and to show students that math is all around them. I read this to a classroom of fourth graders and the laughs around the classroom were contagious, and each kid was so interested in what was coming next. I used this book to create a lesson where each student in my class was also cursed by math and had the students creating math problems out of everyday life situations. I highly recommend this book to anyone!
on October 19, 2016
Love it! (And I teach English, not math.) I let my kids read it and then the fun began: they had to extend it, which they did for the rest of the day. It even made an appearance or two for a couple of days after. Great book!
on March 1, 2017
I start my year out with this book and curse my students!!
on July 3, 2016
My students loved this book! I read this aloud to them the day before their math SOL for a little brain break and to try to help them laugh and relax! They loved it!!
on January 14, 2017
I read this to my students to start a math lesson. They enjoyed the story and activities in the book.
on June 8, 2013
I loved this book and I was lucky enough to share it with some fifth grade students during one of my lessons. As long as you read this book like you are panicking, kids will LOVE it too. I really enjoy how even the younger grades (3rd and 4th) try to figure out some of the answers as I'm reading. It really gets kids to think and even better, they get engaged and want to participate!
on April 8, 2017
I have purchased dozens of books through Amazon and countless other items since starting my membership back in 2008. This book was to be a gift for my newborn daughter (yes. I'm that kind of parent). I purchased a hardback and it arrived in a box with other items. Unfortunately, the sleeve is damaged. (See photos) As soon as I opened the box I was disappointed as the damage to the book sleeve is the very first thing noticed. The book itself is great. We own many books by Jon Scieszka as my older daughter and I are both fans of his work. I will enjoy reading this to the family, setting the foundation for the new baby and what I hope to be her love of reading and learning. Simply disappointed and surprised really, at the condition of the book itself.
review image review image
on February 10, 2017
Purchased book for the first day of school to get students interested in math class!!