Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Math Made Easy: Superman: Third Grade

VINE VOICEon November 8, 2008
Our son, fortunately, loves math and is above average for his grade level. That said, we have him do math work at home on the weekends (and during the week in the summer), which is why we wanted a "fun" way to encourage math when he wasn't in school. This DK book is right on target with content, as we fully expected. However, we don't like the "glossy" pages (difficult to write/see the pencil) and the pages are not perforated (so you cannot tear them out). This goes for the answer key in the back of the book as well. The stickers are extra fun and encouragement for those kids who enjoy them. We also like the fact that the pages are in color.
on October 7, 2017
Wait... my kid can’t wait to do math?! What kind of wizardry is this! I couldn’t believe it myself. She loves it.
on March 30, 2015
There was way more writing than what I expected in the book.
on May 3, 2008
I bought this for my second grade son who is doing very well in math to give him a little extra to do. He loves the book and wants to do extra work all the time. The book is big and the stickers help reward his desire to do more work. The materials challenge him while they reinforce what he has already learned.
on September 9, 2008
My daughter, 8, loves this series. Math workbooks accompany us on most car trips and the Math Made Easy superheroes are her favorites. From an educational standpoint the book is right on for third grade, reviewing addition/subtraction from second grade and learning multiplication/division.
on August 30, 2014
When I was looking for a grade 3 math workbook for my daughter, I was attracted by the theme of this wonderful book: Superman! Children these days really idolize the super heroes like superman, batman or spider man. It's very helpful that this book uses the super heroes to encourage children to study challenging math. My daughter liked the superman's words such as "Show me what you can do!" "Let's get going!" "Time to shape up!" "I need the answers now!" Whenever she saw these words, she would hurry up and pay more attention to the math problems. We also liked the parental notes and answers at the end of this book. The answers are insightful and presented in an elegant and simple manner that makes otherwise hard-to-explain concepts easy. When my daughter takes the online Beestar weekly tests (a wonderful website beestar.org, which provides FREE math program), she often ranks high among her peers. I give credits to this book. Highly recommend.

However, I think the price of this book here is not correct. It should be $3.95.
on March 13, 2008
This book is what you expect from DK. Solid drills with clear and concise reviews on all 3rd grade topics. Answer keys are complete and easy to lookup. Nice pictures and high quality printing. Third grade children need practice to grow their math skills. This superman workbook provides a fun way to lead your child to reach their full math potential in school and on important standardized tests. The problems are not difficult. Its goal is to make your child master the fundamentals, not just know them.

An effective way to achieve mastery is to time the drills. I recommend you run a clock for your child and set a fun speed goal to get rid of procrastination. There is a nice website Beestar.org that provides free timed math drills you can use to compare your child's speed with others. My son's math skills (include speed) improved significantly with this book. I'm glad I bought it.

Highlights:

- Provides practice for all the major topics for Grade 3.
- Includes a review of the Grade 2 workbook with a preview of the Grade 4 workbook.
- More Times Tables practice.
- Answer Section with Parents' Notes.
- Progress Chart with stick on stars.

Contents:

Writing Numbers in words
Ordering numbers: 1,574 4,683 7,847 2,563 - order from smallest to largest
Rounding to the nearest ten
Polygons, Addition fact families, Fractions
Calculating the perimeter and area of rectangles and squares
Averages, Estimating, Volumes of cubes
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2008
This book is what you expect from DK. Solid drills with clear and concise reviews on all 3rd grade topics. Answer keys are complete and easy to lookup. Nice pictures and high quality printing. Third grade children need practice to grow their math skills. This superman workbook provides a fun way to help your child reach their full math potential in school and on important standardized tests. The problems are not difficult. Its goal is to make your child master the fundamentals, not just know them.

An effective way to achieve mastery is to time the drills. I recommend you run a clock for your child and set a fun speed goal to get rid of procrastination. For a benchmark, you can use Beestar online timed math drills to compare your child's speed with others. My son's math skills (include speed) improved significantly with this book. I'm glad I bought it.

Highlights:

Provides practice for all the major topics for Grade 3.
More Times Tables practice.
Answer Section with Parents' Notes.
Progress Chart with stick on stars.

Contents:

Times Tables, Subtracting, Real-life problems
Calculating the perimeter and area of rectangles and squares
Averages, Estimating, Volumes of cubes
on July 24, 2008
I bought this book for summer enrichment for my nine year old. The book is excellent. It covers every topic covered in third grade, and embarks a little on beginning math for the 4th grade. My son loves the lesson layouts, and the superman stickers for each page completed. I also like the study guide and correct answer pages for parents. I would definit
on July 18, 2014