From the Back Cover
Here's an entertaining way to learn to prove math theorems! You won't need formal training, unlimited time, or a genius IQ. In Math Proofs Demystified, best-selling math and science writer Stan Gibilisco provides an effective and painless way to overcome the intimidation most students feel when venturing into math theory. By the time you finish this book, you'll be proving math theorems with confidence! You'll also understand the fundamentals of elementary logic.
With Math Proofs Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a time -- at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide offers problems at the end of each chapter and section to pinpoint weaknesses, and a 70-question final exam to reinforce the entire book.
If you want to build or refresh your math proof skills, here's a fast and entertaining self-teaching course that's specially designed to minimize anxiety. Get ready to:
- Explore the wonders of the mathematical world
- Learn all about logic, validity, paradoxes, fallacies, and forms of deception
- Investigate famous theorems
- Develop a plan of action for each proof
- Construct proofs for algebra, geometry, set theory, number theory, and other math fields
- See how theorems relate to graphs and functions
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
Simple enough for beginners but challenging enough for math-savvy readers, Math Proofs Demystified is a fun way to learn or brush up on the fundamentals of this fascinating subject.