- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: A K Peters/CRC Press; 1 edition (February 15, 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568810326
- ISBN-13: 978-1568810324
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 6.3 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,888,872 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mathematical Go: Chilling Gets the Last Point 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In 2010+ advancements have rendered this book, through no fault of the authors, a curiosity at best.
deep book that hints at many interesting subjects. If you're a combinatorial games
theorist you already know about this book. If you
arent read this book and become one
If you're actually interested in Go, this book is not going to be much help. There are numerous alternative publications suitable for learning about the game. By the authors' own admission, virtually none of the "endgame positions" featured in this book would ever appear in a real game of Go played between humans with reasonable skill.
I imagine the material is somewhat interesting, at least in the abstract sense, but I would not recommend it to anyone looking for more than that.