Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on December 1, 2013
After seeing the show on Broadway, I bought the original London version which is terrific in its own right. When the Broadway version came out, I bought it immediately and can't stop listening to it. While a couple of the actors are no longer in the show (i.e. Bertie Carvel) the ensemble is mostly still intact and listening to this album is like reliving the live show. The energy, the passion, the craziness. All four Matildas - all brilliant, enormously talented young ladies - have featured numbers on the CD and I can't praise the ensemble enough (though I do try!). If you like musicals in any way, you should definitely buy this album and get hooked like me. Better yet, if you leave anywhere near New York, go see the show. It is a joy to watch and a joy to listen to.
on June 19, 2014
The quality of the recording is fine, and the additional songs (compared to the London cast recording) are enjoyable. This cast simply can't hold a candle to the London cast. If you're only going to buy one copy, go for the London cast.
on November 23, 2014
Bought my own, given I can't keep going to my daughter's in England to listen to hers. LOVE the lyrics. They are like old Sesame Street was, written for the adults in the room. But not too much so.
Just the one song, number 13 on the tracks on TELLY (television to Yanks) kept me laughing for DAYS.
on March 23, 2017
It's a CD. Original recording. I'm taking my granddaughter to the play and wanted her to be familiar with the music.
on April 27, 2016
This mp3 is almost as good as the live musical. The songs are thought provoking lyrical genius. The melodies exciting and and enthralling blends of symphonic, opera, Rhythm and blues and rock. Matilda is a delicious delivery of the novel into the theater world.
on August 22, 2014
What a great show! The music is upbeat, Dahlish and poignant in places. The only thing better than this is seeing it live which we have done several times since we know one of the current Matildas (there are always 4 at any given time).
on March 28, 2017
ok
on September 30, 2015
Saw this musical in San Fran last summer. It is phenomenal. I was truly amazed at how good the music and lyrics were. Very clever. Not just for kids--my boss and I saw it a couple weeks apart and couldn't stop talking to each other about it. Had to rush out and get the CD. My 11 year old son and daughter love it!!
on February 3, 2016
Frankly I was not thrilled. Quite hard to understand the dialect plus the British accent.Not terribly impressed with the music .Sorry about that.
on February 3, 2016
Glad I had the opportunity to listen to the album several times prior to seeing the show. The lyrics are very clever with many funny rhyming lines, but sometimes difficult to hear/understand when seeing a live performance.