Matlock: Season 3
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
One episode to note is the season premiere, "The Lemon," where Les purchases a used car from a not-so-honest dealer and then gets framed for his murder. Of course, Matlock has to defend him. Les also makes memorable appearances in more episodes such as "The D.J.," "The Black Widow," and "The Psychic." There were also many intriguing mysteries written for this season like "The Captain," "The Other Woman, "The Model," "The Blues Singer," and "The Priest."
The third season of Matlock is a must for any fan of Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, or just good dramatic mystery stories.
There's such nonsense on television nowadays and I look forward to watching tons of old shows on dvd instead of regular tv.
Plus, there's some nostalgia for this show, since it was on in the hospital when I was born.
This is a 5 disc set of 20 episodes
1. The Lemon - Matlock defends his neighbor (Barney from Andy Griffith) who's accused of killing his neighbor.
2 & 3. The Ambassador (Parts 1 & 2) - Matlock goes to New York to defend a British ambassador accused of murdering his mistress' husband.
4. The Mistress - A wife is accused of shooting her husband in his girlfriend's penthouse. Matlock and Julie join forces and find her together.
5. The DJ - Matlock takes a case of an obnoxious radio personality who Michelle is dating.
6. The Captain - A police captain with a stealing record is over his head when he tries to match wits with Matlock.
7. The Vendetta- A man holds Michelle, Julie and Tyler hostage in his office, while he's waiting for Matlock to arrive to murder him.
8 & 9. The Mayor (Parts 1 & 2) - A young reporter in Chicago sends for Matlock. He is convinced the man accused of assassinating the mayor is innocent, but he needs Matlock's help to prove it.
10. The Black Widow - A client of Matlock's was sent to prison for killing his wife. Now newly released, he's accused again when it appears she previously faked her death.
11. The Other Woman - A woman handicapped in a horrible accident demands a divorce from her abuse husband. When she is murdered, her psychiatrist is charged.
12.Read more ›
If you have been accused of a murder, then Benjamin L. Matlock is your best shot at exoneration.
Ben's associate is Miss Michelle Thomas, and in most cases, she will be questioning other suspects and she will sit on your left at trial. She is a capable lawyer. Occasionally, young Alex Winthrop may perform her role. He is a little wet behind the ears, but he is dedicated and, with Ben in the lead, you need not worry.
In some cases Ben will employ a private investigator, Mr. Tyler Hudson, to tail suspects, infiltrate suspect businesses or groups, and do special and sometimes unpleasant tasks such as digging up a dead horse. Tyler is a real pro, a risk-taker, and he never shirks the most dangerous of situations.
Now, when you go to court, the prosecuting attorney may be Miss Julie March. She is one of Georgia's most able district attorneys. You be may be alarmed to learn that Julie and Ben are strongly attracted to each other, but they never let that interfere with their professional conduct at the trial.
Ben Matlock may look like an old country lawyer, with a passion for strumming his guitar, collecting rare coins, repairing his own boots, and an insatiable appetite for hot dogs, but he will prove to the jury that there is "reasonable doubt" that you are guilty. Ben is just the lawyer to get justice for you. . . .
Picture (DVD): 3 to 3.5. Subtitles: none.
The packaging has very fine print that says episodes may have parts edited out.
This proved to be true with the episode "The DJ", which cut out a nice (and key) section of the show which was an exchange between the Don Knotts character and Ben Matlock.
The original network airing had this key segment included.
I won't be buying any more seasons until the price drops below $13.
There's no telling what other parts have been cut in other episodes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was not covered in plastic. I wondered if it was used. One of the disc's froze in the movie a couple of times.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
If you have young children...please preview all episodes. Due to the nature of "law" theres some not so good situations in all the Matlocks!Published 3 months ago by brewsky
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV