Matlock: Season 8
DVD | Box Set
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Entertainment icon Andy Griffith stars as one of television's most memorable attorneys in Matlock: The Eighth Season. For the first time on DVD, this 20-episode, remastered collection does justice to great drama. In the courtroom, no one matches the skills, charm and instincts of Ben Matlock. Alongside the masterful attorney are his loyal daughter and partner Leanne (Brynne Thayer), his trusted best friend Billy (Warren Frost) and his savvy investigator Cliff (Daniel Roebuck). Ben's roster of cases entangles him with killer comedians, lowly kidnappers, crooked D.A.s and more. But the verdict is in: Matlock brings appeal to every court.
Top customer reviews
The eighth season of this show is one of the best. This season features Matlock's daughter, Leann Mackintyre, his long-time enemy, Billy Lewis, and Billy's bumbling yet delightful investigator son, Cliff. My favorite episodes in this season or as follows:
1. "The Play": A hilareous episode in wich Ben has the lead role in a community play. He is so terrible that the melodramatic director replaces him. When the director is accused of murdering the leading lady in the cast, Ben is not above resorting to blackmail in order to win back his leading role.
2. "The Fatal Seduction": A two part episode in which Ben travels home to Mount Harlan to attend the funeral of his high school sweetheart, Lucy. While there, he becomes embroiled in a case involving extortion, murder and two femme fatales determined to get what they want no matter the cost.
3. "The Diner": A heartwarming episode in which Ben relates the story of his first case, his defense of a black man accused of murdering the town's prejudiced sheriff.
4. "Matlock's Bad, Bad Dream": A funny episode in which Matlock travels back in time to the 1930's and defends a club owner with a familiar face. Other suspects also bear strange resemblances to familiar people. Is it just a dream or something worse?
5. "The Thief": Matlock directs his congregation's choir when the director goes on a trip. One of the members, a college professor with a love for rare books, is accused of murder. This is a very touching episode; one in which I felt empathy for the culprit.
6. "The Idol": A young lawyer who adopts many of Ben's methods is accused of murder after returning from a cruise to St. Thomas.
These are just a few examples of the delights that await you in this wonderful collection. The best part of this season is seeing the minuscule ways in which the perpetrators entrap themselves. Also, Matlock's courtroom antics are priceless.
Plese give this wonderful series a chance. God bless you all.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV