Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Matt DeCoursey
Currently, Matt is the Co-Founder of FullScale.io a company with hundreds of employees worldwide. He lives in Kansas City with his wife and two children.
If you want to hear more from Matt DeCoursey check out the Startup Hustle Podcast!
Customers Also Bought Items By
So you want to be a rock star. Or the next pop sensation. Or a country music artist. Or perhaps you’re more intrigued by vital roles behind the scenes. The Realist’s Guide to a Successful Music Career reveals all the ins and outs of building a viable career in today’s ever-changing music business. With blunt honesty paired with expert insight and encouragement, this empathetic guide covers everything from building your brand and expanding outreach, to finding and playing gigs and smart touring, to critical marketing and developing your sound. Packed with practical, real-life guidance and avoidable missteps, the book vicariously takes you both onstage and backstage, into the recording studio, and on the road. And because experience is the best education, The Realist’s Guide to a Successful Music Career contains exclusive interviews and wisdom from a wide range of all-stars and music insiders, including:
- Huey Lewis
- Susan Tedeschi
- Chuck Leavell
- Victor Wooten
- Taylor Hicks
- Ivan Neville
- Jake Cinninger
- Nikki Glaspie
- Pete Shapiro
- Alicia Karlin
- Vince Iwinski
- Kevin Browning
- Syd Schwartz
- Chris Gelbuda
- Robbie Williams
Whether you’re a seasoned pro looking to grow or an emerging talent looking to break out, The Realist’s Guide to a Successful Music Career is the right note mentorship you need to take your gifts and passion to the next level.
FROM DEBT TO DOT COM
Based in a spare bedroom in his home, Matt DeCoursey built companies that generated millions of dollars in revenue and huge amounts of profit. And he started it all with only an American Express card with an $8,000 limit and a determined vision to succeed. Using the inspiring narrative of his startup journey—from its profitable highs to its scrambling lows and all the hard-won education in between, Million Dollar Bedroom delivers a refreshingly unidealistic window into the pros and pitfalls of starting your own business. Packed with Million Dollar Lessons, topics include:
- The most common reasons new businesses fail.
- How to think like a search engine and get your business noticed.
- Understanding your critical path to revenue.
- How to start making money when you have no money.
- Creating a truly professional business plan and what to expect for those seeking investment.
- Insightful advice and stories from other hugely successful individuals.
With real-life education culled as much from failure as success, Million Dollar Bedroom brings unique authority to help avoid expensive mistakes and unnecessary heartache as you transform yourself from a dreamer to a true entrepreneur.
You Really CAN Have It All
Life is complicated. Change is tough. But achieving balance and personal goals needn’t be the ever-elusive Holy Grail. Created for real people with real lives and responsibilities, Balance Me is here to show you in no-nonsense terms how to:
- Better understand the WHY of your current situation.
- Make small but highly effective changes in your habits, decision-making process, and daily planning.
- Not be afraid to ask for what you want. And then do the work to get it.
- Beat the “Right Time” myth and get yourself out of the way.
- Work with the gifts (and flaws) of your—and others’—personality style.
- Safeguard your related financial, physical, and emotional health.
- Recognize that balance is always a work in progress.
Offering a systematic plan and clear-headed advice, Balance Me inspires a personalized journey to grow success in all areas of your life. Whether you’re a busy professional, a stay-at-home mom, or anyone wishing to achieve goals without sacrificing well-being, life balance is a lot closer than you might think.