Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Matt Schifferle
Matt Schifferle is the founder of the RedDeltaProject.com which is dedicated to helping people achieve high levels of fitness without extreme diet and exercise habits.
Matt grew up in the green mountains of Vermont enjoying the local fitness scene including biking, skiing and Ben & Jerry's Ice cream. After dedicating himself to traditional diet and exercise methods for many years he figured there had to be a way to stay in shape without making diet and exercise the focus of daily life. This was the founding belief that created the Fitness Independence movement.
Matt currently lives in Colorado and still enjoys his outdoor sports and ice cream. He's also a member of the PCC Leadership Team, a group of instructors helping to teach people how to be fit and strong with only their body weight. He's also a 5th-degree black belt in Taekwon-Do and a personal Trainer.
Customers Also Bought Items By
These ultra-efficient and easy-to-learn exercises quickly upgrade your neuromuscular system to make any strength workout safer, more effective, and more satisfying for fast, proven results.
In Overcoming Isometrics you'll discover:
- Why the real driving force behind building muscle and strength is your nervous system and not the weight in your hand.
- The unfair muscle and strength-building advantages of Overcoming Isometrics.
- The fundamental 4-step process for building stronger muscles.
- The neural weaknesses that are holding you back, and why it's impossible to fix them with just weight and reps.
- Best exercises to quickly build strength.
- Accessory exercises to target any weak or lagging muscle that's stubborn to growth.
- A Special chapter on Hybrid Isometrics, on how to combine overcoming and yielding isometrics for the ultimate workout.
Micro Workouts will teach you how to focus on the fundamental principles of effective physical training. This focus will save you a lot of previously wasted time and energy, but it will also concentrate your training on what’s most important to get the results you want.
In MICRO WORKOUTS you will discover:
- 3 Fundamental training styles that make your workouts super simple to for any training objective.
- How to effectively train your muscles in minutes, not hours.
- Why should you ditch the tedious warm-ups for these simple and efficient habits that keep you loose and guarantee you’re always “action-ready”.
- How to use adaptive freestyle training to increase workout consistency, motivation, and progress whilst empowering you to overcome any change in your circumstances.
- The secret to looking forward to training daily with multiple micro workouts without sacrificing your job, time with friends or family, and doing the other things you love.
- How to use my simple 1-page workout log to make tracking, and planning your workouts a breeze without the tedium of filling in spreadsheets.
- Learn the secret about the soul-sucking cardio trap that is like a black hole for your time and energy, and makes it almost impossible to maintain a healthy weight.
- Why there’s no such thing as fat-loss exercise and the real strategies that burn more calories than any other workout.
- How to avoid getting injured without losing the intensity you need to grow.
- Plus... a special bonus chapter on Micro Dieting explaining why all long-term diets actually condition your body to resist weight loss and offer you a better way to manage your diet.
- MICRO WORKOUTS strategies work for any fitness level.
Whether you’re a professional athlete, fitness junkie, or a complete beginner, Micro Workouts are the missing link to achieving any goal using any equipment you wish to use. And the best bit is they are 100% customizable so you can finally make your workouts work for you.
Start reading today, and no longer endure another tedious bloated workout ever again.
- “Micro Workouts gives the extra tips and tricks to simplify and streamline your workouts and diets. Great info for beginners to advanced trainers. Compliments his Youtube playlist of Micro Workouts very nicely.” - Scott Holmes, Amaz
Achieve your fitness goals with calisthenics—no weights, trainer or gym required
Gain strength, mobility, endurance, and flexibility using simple body movements and nothing more than your own weight. Calisthenics for Beginners provides an all-inclusive training plan that won’t require massive sacrifices to your time, energy, or wallet.
Power through three calisthenic workout programs that progress in technique and intensity as you build a comprehensive understanding of this approachable training method. Then, explore recovery techniques, plus guidelines for creating a workout routine that fits your personal goals and lifestyle. Calisthenics is the workout of choice for athletes of all fitness levels, from weekend walkers to professional sports stars.
Calisthenics for Beginners includes:
- Training for all levels—Endlessly adjustable and customizable calisthenics workouts meet you where you are and serve your unique fitness goals.
- Full-body workouts—This complete, efficient approach to fitness works your whole body with a series of simple movement patterns.
- Variety, versatility, and fun—More than 35 dynamic exercises featuring the progressions, modifications, and variations you need to keep it interesting, challenging, and engaging.
The myth that getting fit requires a gym, a trainer, and even weights has been disproven—calisthenics is the physical conditioning way of the future.
In Grind Style Calisthenics You'll Discover:
- Simple 6-step progression system to challenge any fitness level.
- Basic "Chain Training" approach to work your muscles for developing both aesthetics and functional strength.
- Focus on the exercises that make it easier to work your muscles harder.
- Specialty-designed tension control and stability warm-ups in every workout to decrease joint stress and increase muscle activation.
- Why Choose? Strength and hypertrophy phases in every workout ensure you can build both raw strength and muscle mass in every single workout.
- Supplemental isolation exercises to strengthen weaknesses or muscles that are stubborn to grow.
- Works with any basic calisthenics equipment, plus a bonus chapter on how to make your own custom Grind Straps.
- Easy-to-use nutrition guidelines for recovery without getting caught in the endless bulk-and-cut cycle.
“From the moment I opened it, I could not put Grind-Style Calisthenics down. Nobody in the world understands bodyweight bodybuilding as well as Matt. He is the undisputed master! I endorse very, very few training books, but Matt’s work is consistently in the elite tier of the calisthenics field.” - Paul “Coach “ Wade, author of Convict Conditioning
In Bodyweight Training for Martial Arts You'll Discover:
- The most practical bodyweight exercises that directly carry over to any martial arts discipline.
- Simple progressions to adjust the intensity for any fitness level.
- How to develop rock-solid stability for stronger techniques and more resilient joints.
- Simple techniques to build explosive power and speed.
- Sample routines that apply directly toward martial arts applications like kicking speed, conditioning, and how to quickly prepare for a demanding class.
- Simple and safe techniques for improving neck and grip strength.
- Ultra-efficient exercises that produce results without compromising your actual martial arts training.
Calisthenics has been the go-to method of physical conditioning since the very beginning. Don't let a lack of basic physical conditioning handicap your martial arts career. Upgrade your strength and skill with Bodyweight Training For Martial Arts!
The three simple strategies in this program require no special equipment or skills, yet they can be adjusted in an unlimited number of ways to fit any level of fitness, lifestyle, and personal preferences.
I DO HAVE TO WARN YOU that these methods are not fancy or extreme. As such, many will dismiss them as being inadequate and beneath them to produce any meaningful results.
Not only are these methods effective, and offer a wide range of comprehensive benefits, but they also fill in the gaps that many serious fitness enthusiasts fail to address in their extreme approaches. That's why this program works great as a starting point for absolute beginners, as well as a way to maintain a solid foundation you can continue building off of.
Smart Bodyweight Training is the most comprehensive book on bodyweight training for building muscle and strength in the Red Delta Project Library. Over 500 full-color images show you how to go beyond boring push-up to help you develop your full physical potential.
In Smart Bodyweight Training you'll learn:
- The true driving force behind effective training, and why your results depend on a lot more than mere sets and reps.
- A multitude of exercises to train any muscle group for any fitness level.
- The Table of Progressive Elements shows you how to create an almost infinite number of ways to progress your calisthenics training.
- No more cookie-cutter workout routines! Learn how to create the perfect custom workout routine that's perfect for your goals, resources, preferences, and lifestyle.
- Smart eating chapter with nutritional strategies that make fad diets obsolete and satisfy your personal nutritional needs.
- DIY chapter on how you can build your own calisthenics home gym, plus some simple and creative tools to enhance your training.
It would be great if hard work always paid off the way you want, but as with any investment, just spending more time and energy doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want. Read Smart Bodyweight Training and ensure every ounce of your hard work pays off, now and for years to come.
In Fitness Independence you'll learn:
- Why endlessly trying to work harder to get better results leads to endless plateaus and frustration.
- The most fundamental principles control your body fat, muscle mass, and performance.
- How almost all diets are doomed right from the start because they are based on the same flawed premise, which is the complete opposite of what makes a diet healthy or not.
- Why almost everything you've learned about using exercise to change the shape of your body is wrong, and what you can do about it.
- Why the experts don't really know what's best for you and how you can take full control over your fitness habits.
- The simplest and most efficient diet and exercise methods that produce the best results that are also the easiest to maintain.
Getting in, and staying in shape doesn't have to be nearly as difficult as popular diet and exercise trends make it out to be. If anything, this whole fitness thing is supposed to get easier over time, not harder. Read Fitness Independence and take your first step toward breaking free of the dogmas and flawed methods that continue to fail you time after time.
In Bodyweight For Cycling You'll Learn:
- The 3 most crucial exercises to upgrade your cycling performance.
- How to adjust the intensity of each exercise to fit any fitness level.
- The 3 essential qualities of functional strength.
- Sample routines to program your training so your workouts don't compromise your rides and races.
- Forget endless crunches and tedious ab routines, this single exercise is all you need to ride your best.
- Save money, time, and energy you could put toward riding without needing a gym membership.
Don't let a lack of fundamental strength and conditioning slow you down! Your best miles are still ahead of you and this book will help you get there as quickly as possible.