Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.13 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mattel BJV44 Blokus Game
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$1.40 (9%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfect strategy game for the whole family – less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages
- Players take turns placing their 21 pieces on the board: each piece must touch another of the same color, but only at the corners
- Stake your claim and protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while strategically blocking your opponents
- The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins
- Includes 84 total pieces, game board and instructions
- Age Grade 7Years +
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the manufacturer
Game Night Favorite
Gather the family around the game table for this easy-to-learn favorite. The 30-minute playing time is perfect for short attention spans and can also be repeated for an entire evening of fun. Blokus is the fast-paced strategy game that delivers “One Rule, Endless Possibilities!”
Our diverse range of board, card and online games brings families and friends together. Enjoy stimulating challenges, big laughs and even solo fun. Mattel games are a great way to get the party started and keep the fun coming.
What's in the Box?
1 Game Board and 84 game pieces in 4 colors
- Perfect strategy game for the whole family – less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages!
- Players take turns placing their 21 pieces on the board: each piece must touch another of the same color, but only at the corners!
- Stake your claim and protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while strategically blocking your opponents!
- The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins!
Stake your claim and protect your territory with Blokus game! there's just one rule: each piece you play must touch at least one other piece of the same colour, but only at the corners! it takes less than a minute to learn but has depth to challenge your whole family. Each player gets a set of 21 pieces - red, blue, green, or yellow - then takes turns placing them on the board. The goal is to fit the most pieces on the board. The game ends when no one can place any more pieces. Everyone counts the squares in their unplayed pieces and the player with the lowest score wins! easy to learn and great for families, Blokus is the fast-paced strategy game that delivers "one rule, endless possibilities!" ages 7 and older.
By Mattel GamesSee all Product description
Compare to similar items
This item Mattel BJV44 Blokus Game
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Attic Toys and Games||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 10.5 x 10.5 in||10.5 x 10.5 x 2.7 in||3 x 13 x 3 in||10.51 x 2.13 x 10.51 in||8 x 10 x 2 in||1.75 x 12.63 x 14.5 in|
|Item Weight||1.19 lbs||1 lb||1.15 lbs||1.6 lbs||1.9 lbs||1 lb|
Top Customer Reviews
Note the board and pieces are still of high quality, just smaller. I personally prefer the larger board and pieces but oh well...
I really love this game: it's easy to play (there is basically just one rule) but, when you become more experienced, you will learn quite complex strategies. I usually play it with one roommate and it's a lot of fun, but it's even more fun if there are 4 players, since alliances will be created and you will have to expand and defend your 'territory' at the same time.
If you are planning to play this game with more than 3 friends, you should buy the Trigon version (Blokus Trigon Game), since the board is shaped as an hexagon, allowing up to 6 people to play at the same time.
One thing I will say is that you should definitely take their age recommendations to heart- it seemed challenging for kids younger than 7 from what we've experienced, but maybe your more advanced, puzzle liking, younger kids will find it to be entertaining and not too frustrating.
Great family game and our kids' school liked it too!
My 5-year old and 8-year old play this game together and it is terrific. The game does not require any reading nor any other parent involvement, so it is a truly independent game for them to play. We play it non-competitively, so the idea is just to fill up as much of the board as possible. This helps to avoid upsets from one or the other winning, and they just work together in a strategizing way.