Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 731 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 797 reviews
on July 2, 2014
I was a bit disappointed to find Matel has made the new line of Blokus boards smaller by about 1/3. The original board was 13" x 13" while this board is 10" x 10". Although it doesn't seam much it's actually a reduction of 69" square inches which is equal to about 1/3 of the total area. It also doesn't include resealable bags for the pieces (like the original did).

Note the board and pieces are still of high quality, just smaller. I personally prefer the larger board and pieces but oh well...
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2017
Tetrus on a game board. Really easy to learn, best with four players but can be slightly modified to play with two. Taking turns, each person starts in a corner then places each subsequent piece so it is touching by only a corner of the a same coloured piece. Really easy to show visually, a bit tricky to try to describe. Pieces of different colours can touch anywhere but the same colours can only touch on corners. As you play, try to block the other person from being able to place their tetrus shaped piece. Very good pattern recognition for young children right though to adults. Visually an attractive game. However, once pieces are lost, the game becomes unplayable. The game can take a little while to get going before it becomes really interesting. Can be a while between turns if someone is having trouble finding a spot to place their piece. Still it's quite to play and really appeals to lovers of the computer based tetrus. Good for the whole family, although kids younger than 8 will need help towards the end when the play gets a little trickier.
on January 19, 2017
This is our new family go to game, almost nightly! The whole family loves this, especially the kids. Its great for teaching them to plan and strategize their moves, yet simple enough for us all to play. You simply have to always touch your pieces only on the diagonals, not next to each other and the goal is to get rid of all your pieces on the board first. You can touch alongside your opponents pieces however and it's fun to block each other of course! Most fun when 4 people play to make it challenging, but 3 is ok too. If you play with only 2 people then you can both play 2 colors alternately.
on January 7, 2017
We'd played this game before, so I knew we wanted it. But I forgot how stinking fun it is. The only problem comes when someone (such as my wife) decides to start blocking me in. This causes me to focus all my energies on this one person and ignore other people. Which means other people win. Need a new strategy...
on August 2, 2017
Brilliant game, my kids (6+) love it. Only downside is that each piece is unique, so if you lose one, your game is skewed (we took out the other pieces of the same size and different colors, to keep things even). Lose a few pieces, and your game is really missing oomph. Our fault for letting them get away - if you buy this game, try hard not to lose any pieces!!
on October 10, 2016
This is a great game to pull out and play every once in a while. It is fun for people of all ages. It doesn't require reading, and very young players can play even if they don't have a strategy. (Not having a strategy does NOT prevent them from winning all the time, though!) We get lots of use out of this game because it is a quick play and requires very little setup or cleanup. The kids really enjoy it, because even the youngest can play without assistance. I bought this game for a gift to another family because I didn't want to pay the extra for the deluxe gameboard. I would recommend the deluxe gameboard for personal use, though, because it is much sturdier and the box is nicer.
on October 12, 2016
This is a fun game that was introduced to me almost two years ago at a Christmas gathering with relatives. It can be played by anyone from nine (my great-nephew) to seventies (myself and sister and brother-in-law.) It works best with four players. I bought this and took it to a church weekend retreat where we played it. It is a game of strategy and the rules are easily learned. Be careful not to lose any of the pieces because they are essential to fair play.
on February 22, 2017
With a teenage son, we struggle to find a game that is "cool" enough for him to be willing to play. This caught my eye because it relies on spatial skills...reminds me of Tetrus. Happy to say that this passed the "teenager test." He loves playing it - and actually so do our younger next door neighbors. This gets a thumbs up!!
on February 10, 2017
This is a great family strategy game as long as you don't have sore losers in your house. WE have to put it away after about 3 rounds so that we can cool off and start talking again.

Intense fun, not as much fun for family members of really sore losers ;-) I'm working on it though, and will be a better loser from now on.
on May 24, 2016
Great game in a great package. The game is brilliant and a true brain burner. We play with our 6 year old son without a problem. The game does work best with 2 or 4 players, but can be played with 3 (as we do... 2 parents 1 child). The best part about the game is that there is no elimination of players and there is always a sense as a player that you are in a position to finish the game strong and possibly win. You are never out of the running. It's also a great tool to help children think multiple steps ahead and how saving that key piece can pay off in the end (for example: late in the game those tiny 1 and 2 square pieces are critical to bridging the board and opening new placement opportunities).

I rated this 4 out of 5 because there is one thing I think the game needs: inventory cards. There so many oddly shaped pieces that at the start of the game its not 100% clear if each color has all the parts. It would make sense to have an inventory card that you place all the pieces onto to ensure each game starts with all pieces. Also as you could possibly loose a piece it would be nice to easily take stock of the sets to know what piece to order.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.