BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Blokus Board Game

on July 2, 2014
I was a bit disappointed to find Matel has made the new line of Blokus boards smaller by about 1/3. The original board was 13" x 13" while this board is 10" x 10". Although it doesn't seam much it's actually a reduction of 69" square inches which is equal to about 1/3 of the total area. It also doesn't include resealable bags for the pieces (like the original did).

Note the board and pieces are still of high quality, just smaller. I personally prefer the larger board and pieces but oh well...
11 comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2017
Brilliant game, my kids (6+) love it. Only downside is that each piece is unique, so if you lose one, your game is skewed (we took out the other pieces of the same size and different colors, to keep things even). Lose a few pieces, and your game is really missing oomph. Our fault for letting them get away - if you buy this game, try hard not to lose any pieces!!
on October 12, 2016
This is a fun game that was introduced to me almost two years ago at a Christmas gathering with relatives. It can be played by anyone from nine (my great-nephew) to seventies (myself and sister and brother-in-law.) It works best with four players. I bought this and took it to a church weekend retreat where we played it. It is a game of strategy and the rules are easily learned. Be careful not to lose any of the pieces because they are essential to fair play.
on July 5, 2015
I'm a huge fan of Blokus. It is quick to learn/teach, easy to play, with great replay value. It's fairly age friendly as well - I could see playing this with children ages 10 and up perhaps. I used to have the original set (larger pieces and board) but lost that in a divorce, so I picked up this new smaller set instead. At first I was afraid that it would be more difficult to place/handle the pieces on a smaller board, but I did not notice the difference at all. It's actually great since the box takes up less space on the board games shelf!
on September 22, 2015
I actually purchased this game by accident when my wife asked me to order a specific game for my son's birthday. When it arrived and we discovered it was the wrong game we decided to go ahead and try it and we were pleasantly surprised with how fun it is. It's a simple game of playing Tetris-like colored plastic pieces to the white plastic playing board. There's light strategy involved, but not much, and each round only takes a few minutes. It's a great game, highly recommended.
on January 6, 2017
Wow !! I never heard of this game, but was looking for something new. My Grandkids and I cant stop playing it. The rules are so easy, but you develop multiple strategies. Highly recommend it to everyone. Only 1 problem - you have to keep up with all the pieces. Put them in individual plastic baggies and count them frequently.
on December 13, 2016
One of our family's absolute favorite games. Even the littlest child can learn to "play" by putting pieces on the board. By 4-5 years of age, they can understand the actual rules (putting pieces on corner to corner). It is fun and easy to play. Also, there is a little strategy, but each game is so different that anyone really can win.
on January 23, 2017
At first this game seemed to be just OK but when you start to understand the strategies it becomes more interesting! Best with four players but acceptable with 2 or 3. When playing with 3 players it is best to rotate turns on the fourth color. Once you've played you'll understand ;)

Enjoy!
on July 29, 2015
Great game, reasonable price. Would rather games were made in the USA and more durable. I bought this one to hack on with the kids and play hard. I have a mint condition 2005 version in shrink wrap that I'm holding on to due to the best version out there. This new one appears to be as many, very cheaply made, but it's still a good game overall.
on August 2, 2017
Great game, I would have bought the deluxe version if it weren't so expensive! for older kids, I would splurge on the deluxe version bc it has more pieces. This one works as an intro to the game. I think it's great for any age starting say 5.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.