CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
SCREATURE Interactive Dinosaur
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lifelike and realistic with ferocious sounds
- Screature uses an infrared sensor to sense and attack his prey with your help
- If you can control Screature, he will respond loyally to your petting, but if you pet him in the wrong place, Screature attacks
- Set him in room guard mode and Screature will guard all your stuff
- Screature a mean little predator with a big appetite
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Your own prehistoric pal but dare you pet his head? Screature uses infrared to sense and attack his prey! Lifelike and realistic, with ferocious sounds. He's a mean little predator with a big appetite for fun!
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The toy seems well made and easy to activate. Sensors are pretty sensitive so you don't have to press them hard to make Screature move. The dinosaur itself is stationary so it doesn't walk or jump.
The battery component and the water tank are on the bottom under the feet. The battery component is screwed in so no worries with young kids getting into batteries. The water tank is small but really easy to fill.
Great birthday gift! definitely recommend
1. When you get it, it is in a demo mode and will NOT squirt. All you have to do is to turn it completely ON (switch is on the foot) and it will increase its behaviors, go to sleep mode, squirt, etc. (I suspect some low scores came from people who did not know this.)
2. The squirting tank is pretty small, and the volume of each squirt is pretty small, but it shoots a good 10+ feet with a little force. If you use it in an office or someplace with nice clothes and lots of paper, you may want to keep the tank empty... or put up a good warning sign!
3. This is a reasonably tough toy, but it is more geared for 'tabletop play' than 'sandbox play'.
By the way- this thing just BEGS to be hacked. Voice recording/playback module (it yawns when it wakes up. I want it to play the theme from Jurassic Park!), glowing eyes, dancing to music (a Screature/iDog hybrid?) and more!
I expected quick loss of interest with Screature, but two months later he's still playing with it: using the water-spitting for target practice on his action figures. There's fun a motion-sensing mode he likes to use on any unsuspecting guest who visits his room.
My only complaint is that the water container in the foot is pretty small; it's gone after about 10 sprays. But the good news there is that the spray of water is very thin, so he can use it indoors without too much mess. So maybe that's more of a feature! :)
The kids love watching it squirt water about 8 feet. It has fun sound effects and the sides puff out. It does have some drawbacks. The reservoir is really small. It will squirt about 6 times before needing refilled. I read prior reviews and knew that, but you don't realized how often you'll be filling it back up. It will get air bubbles and misfire quite a bit, but the kids seem to like it despite these limitations. They're both under 5 years old, and they seemed to get bored with it quickly since it only does a couple of tricks. Personally I would only buy it if it were priced under $20.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this toy 8 years ago and all my kids love it! It just now quit spraying the water so I am going to buy another one for my 2 year old.Published 9 months ago by Carey Brown
Piece of junk. I thought I could ride this TRex, however it is only the size of a small puppy. Broke the first time I tried to ride it.Published 13 months ago by JonSnow
I bought this for me, an adult, when it was around 30 bucks. I think it's pretty neat. Makes cool sounds, squirts water, and makes small movements (but doesn't walk). Read morePublished 16 months ago by Alexandra
I bought this for my grandson at Christmas and he just loved it. I would definatelyrecommend this toy to others.Published on February 27, 2014 by Debra R. Merchant
My grand daughter that's right my grand daughter has two of these. My wife sewed a dress for one of them and painted the nails. Well worth the money.Published on January 21, 2014 by Andy T Blood
After my son got over his fear of this toy, he loved it. The noises, and the fact that it spit water was too cool!Published on December 20, 2013 by ELISSA R. CHRISTIAN
The Dinosaur is small and unimpressive. It also does not do many of the commands it is advertised to do. Very disappointed in a $200 purchase. Read morePublished on November 13, 2013 by Lucky C Peterson
I bought one for myself from a flea market. My dad fell in love with it so I found this one on amazon for him.The water doesn't squirt on either one but we think that's fine. Read morePublished on July 14, 2013 by Amy Fitzsimmons
This was what they wanted and it was exactly as expected and exactly what they wanted. Everything was good with this product. Thank youPublished on March 2, 2013 by Shelby Heeb