Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 29, 2015
We gave this game to our six year old daughter for Christmas, because a number of people had highly recommended it. They were right! This game was easy enough for our six year old to catch on right out of the box, but challenging enough that my husband and I were fully engaged from the start. We have since played Blokus both with and without our daughter- even though it is "her" game!

Blokus encourages both spatial awareness and strategic thinking, but does so in a way that is creative and fun. We've already played this game nearly a dozen times in the last four days, and I know that we will be enjoying it for years to come. I would highly recommend Blokus to anyone.

I want to add one caveat, though, which I haven't seen many people mention. This game is best when played with :exactly: four players. Playing with three players is a little easier, so that's a good way to learn, and is still engaging and fun. Though there are adaptations to play the game with two players, I, personally, don't enjoy it as much that way.
on August 12, 2017
This is another good game without a lot of stuff to figure out-but is also deceptively strategic. Kids and adults alike can enjoy. It will not work if pieces are lost. Something to keep in mind if you have kids that aren't good at putting it away completely.
on April 25, 2016
We love the game, but can only play with three players maximum due to pieces missing from the yellow bag. This was a Christmas present and the time between purchase and playing this wasn't discovered in time to remedy the problem. Contacts through Mattel customer service provided no results, not even an email acknowledging we were heard. Otherwise, totally fun game.
on January 20, 2013
We had it as a Christmas gift for our kids, who were 5, 4 and 2+. Introducing game rules of course is the first, after simply example games with we adluts, they all love it soooo much. For kids, they may have their easier and optional rules as a opinion to conduct a game. Maybe educating how to win at the very final is more suitable for older kids. But practice to set up a game is also an important part for kids to learn. It's also a hard game for adults, which can train your brain to think more deeply and completely. We two parents sometimes play with it while kids all go to bed, it's our treasure time!
You may question about my 2+ years old kid if she can join the game..?! Of course! But in the very begining she's just grouping with one adult, and gradually she knows how to put her cubes/pieces into game. But you can't ask her to set to win ! Now they three little kids can play by themselvies without adults' accompany.

The only one thing I worried about and it happened for sure is...the pieces are easy to lost if kids they didn't put it back to box immediately after they finished the game.
Enthusiast: Ukuleleon June 14, 2016
I love Blokus! Such a simple concept, but always challenging and fun. I first played this in my high school math class. Now I'm a high school math teacher, so I got myself a copy for my own class! It will strengthen spacial and sequencing skills. You really have to think ahead and build strategies with this one, but it is easy and simple to play and understand. I bought a used version of the Deluxe game for cheap here on Amazon.
on August 4, 2017
We love playing with our 5 year old. She's fantastic at Blokus! The whole family has a great time playing!! Works best with a minimum of 3 players but we've had fun playing with 2.
on February 22, 2016
Easy to learn but tough to master - the sign of a great game! Works best with four players; you need to modify the rules to play with three. We haven't tried a two player game, but I think that would be too easy unless each player played two colors. We like the larger size deluxe game more than the regular version, although other than the dimensions of pieces and game board, they are otherwise identical. We like this game so much, we have given two copies of it to family and friends in the two months since receiving it as a Christmas gift. We are a bit miffed about the 50% increase in Amazon's price over the past month though!
on January 9, 2015
The games itself is fun and challenging especially for a geometry challenged person like myself. The game box looked like it was used. The corners and edges of the box were slightly worn and there were tape marks on the edge of the box. With that being said I really wanted the original version of the game...the one before the company "updated" the playing board. Previous reviewers noted how the original version had a larger playing surface and that is what I wanted. All the game pieces were their and in good shape so I didn't feel a need to return it. My 16 year old who is not a geometry person either won the game the first time she played it...her challengers had all played it several times already. She is a visual person which helped her in this game. It is a great and unique addition to our game library.
on January 17, 2010
At the last minute, I really wanted to find a 'fun' item for my 19-year-old college sophomore for Christmas. I googled and read reviews on several games, but kept coming back to Blokus, even though I had never heard of it. He loved it-----we (he and his parents) played it several times every day we were home for the holidays. It's fun if you're strategy-minded, looking for the optimum move to advance yourself; it's fun if you just like the challenge of trying to play all your pieces; it's fun if you just like seeing all the pretty colors fill up the board. In spite of some of the reviews I read, we played it almost exclusively with just 3 people, not using the 4th color at all, and using the full board (one review suggested using less of the board with less that 4 players----we may try that in the future). We also tried playing it with 2 people, each using two colors----that was fun. And once we tried our own variation, where we each played our smallest piece in the center of the board to start, and worked out. That was fun!

I plan to give this game as a gift, and I would recommend it to anyone.
on December 6, 2014
We love Blokus! I bought it while looking for games that would be educational. This game requires strategy to win but you can play with younger kids no problem. Unusually play it with my 10 and 6 year old. It is hardest to play with 4 people because it gets harder and harder to find spots for your pieces. With the three of us we could usually get all our pieces down. With the two kids playing on their own, much easier.
I grew up playing games like Tetris, dr. Mario, bejeweled etc so I always look forward to Blokus. You don't put the pieces together like Tetris but it requires strategy in fitting all your pieces on the board.
I like that it doesn't take that long to play a round and it is not too involved. Once you learn the rules you can quickly start having fun .

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.