Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 4, 2017
The reviews are misleading...I was expecting 13x13 board which I did not get. The one I received has a board that is almost 12x12...actual playing area is 11x11. The board is grey and comes with zip bags to separate the colors into. If the zip bags and slightly bigger board are the only difference I don't see what makes it deluxe. Wish I had gone with the cheaper one. I guess I paid $10 extra for cheap zip bags. I ordered the one that says Deluxe Blockus Game sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. If I was giving stars only on the game itself it would have been 5...we love this game. It's only the confusing descriptions and reviews that made me rate it a 4.
on April 21, 2016
I bought Deluxe Blokus Game for my family and we absolutely love it. This game can be played by everyone.The game is played on a square board divided into 20 rows and 20 columns, for a total of 400 squares. There are a total of 84 game tiles, organized into 21 shapes in each of four colors: blue, yellow, red and green. The game tiles have 1 to 5 made up of different shapes. The idea of the game is to strategically place these odd shaped tiles on the board and try to get rid of as many pieces as you possibly can. In order to put down a tile it needs to touch the corner of the same colored tile that you are playing. You can play this game with 2 to 4 people. Each person getting the same amount of tiles and each person is represented by a color. Once you cannot play any more of your tiles you are out of the game. The individual with the least amount of tiles in their hands wins. It is a game that can be played on many different levels even up to the highest of strategies. I would recommend this game to anybody who is looking to find a fun family friendly game.
on April 16, 2015
Here's my first 1 star review. Because the false advertising. I paid $35 including shipping for this version, because, according to its website, it is a older version which is bigger and suitable for a 6 years old (5+), while there is a newer version which is smaller and lower in price, only 18.11 and shipping fee free (for prime, who I am). When I receive the item, guess what? is the newer smaller and lower price version! I then check the 1 star reviews, it turns out that I am the only one who encounter this problem. I am very unhappy and am returning it.
on April 23, 2015
The game pictured is great, it's the perfect game for two smart adult couples to enjoy an evening. This is not that game. The picture is of the much higher quality older version, which is worth the higher price. I paid the higher price, but like so many others, got the newer, smaller, cheaper version which is very poorly made. I was purposely looking for this older version, this is very deceptive and as revealed by the other angry and disappointing victims, these crooks have been at it for years. Do not waste your money. Find the real thing from a reputable seller.
on August 29, 2013
This is a great game for the family, but after playing it two or three times, my family (8yr old girl, 12 yr old boy, husband and I) no longer play it. Our 6 yr old, who is autistic, loves it though. It's a great game for learning strategy, playing with shapes, and it's so versatile. You should check out the ways people use this game on YouTube...from tetris-like (without the disappearing lines if you're playing it real-time), to making stories, to battling etc. My 6 yr old is now on his 4th set because he kept losing pieces on the others (because he brings it with him everywhere - beach, restaurant, airplane rides, concerts, etc. I do wish they only sold the pieces to replace missing ones, but they don't.
on November 10, 2013
We love it! We got our friend into board games with this - she previously only thought she liked Carcassonne. We have since fed her a steady diet of highly-visual and spatial games, so she now loves this, Ingenious, Ticket to Ride, a few word games, and the Discworld game. Success!

My one complaint is that it only plays well with 4. There are modifications for 2 or 3 players, but they aren't great, and I don't recommend them. I'm waiting for Blokus Trigon to go on sale, as that scales better, but it seems to be out of print.

Regardless, this is a better starting game than Trigon, because it's even more visual.
on March 23, 2011
From reading the description of this game online I was a little confused what they meant by only allowing pieces to touch at the corners because it wasn't readily apparent to me that most of the pieces consist of multiple joined squares in various configurations (think tetrus). Having said that, once you see the game the rules are quite simple and can be learned in a few minutes. Adults can play a challenging game, but 2 adults can readily play with 2 kids because the adults will focus on blocking each other in and hence the [ignored] kids could well end up winning. Best with 4 players, but 2 works pretty well too.

Caveats: the playing pieces are bit flimsy, so kids who aren't careful could break some pieces, but replacement pieces are easily (and cheaply) available. Also, the scoring rules are a bit more complex than the playing rules, so when we play with kids we just say whoever is the last one able to make a move is the winner (and 2nd last one gets 2nd place, etc).
on February 13, 2018
Great game for the entire family, kids and adults. Challenging, but easy and a lot of fun. Each time you play the game changes. Best of all it allows you family time and gets the kids off the electronic for a while. Highly recommended!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2012
Okay - I ordered Blokus for a Christmas present for an 8 year old. I did not order The strategy Game (capitalization exactly as shown on box) made in China with numerous spelling errors, punctuation gaffes and just overall unattractive, substandard packaging. I have to say I will give the 'educational component' 5 stars because not only would this be a logic game it is also a lesson in grammar, phonics and spelling. Amazon - if you are selling something under a particular brand/name, make sure your vendors are following through and delivering what you advertise. Just shaking the box, it sounds chintzy and of low quality versus the game I found in the retail stores in my area. This will go back.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2015
This was a gift for my daughter and her family last Christmas. When I read reviews that the new Blokus game was smaller and had duller game pieces, I searched all over the internet for this older version that didn't cost twice the face value. I found out this Christmas that it was their favorite game and the adults enjoyed playing it just as much, if not more, that the kids! My adult children play it with their friends and get quite lively.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.