Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Mattel Games Blokus Game
Format: Toy|Change

on March 4, 2017
The reviews are misleading...I was expecting 13x13 board which I did not get. The one I received has a board that is almost 12x12...actual playing area is 11x11. The board is grey and comes with zip bags to separate the colors into. If the zip bags and slightly bigger board are the only difference I don't see what makes it deluxe. Wish I had gone with the cheaper one. I guess I paid $10 extra for cheap zip bags. I ordered the one that says Deluxe Blockus Game sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. If I was giving stars only on the game itself it would have been 5...we love this game. It's only the confusing descriptions and reviews that made me rate it a 4.
4 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2016
I was expecting the nice version of this game that my son had at his preschool. Unfortunately, this is a much more cheaply made version, where there are almost no ridges for the tiles to sit in, so the tiles end up sliding around very easily. Super-frustrating for little kids who are still working on their motor skills. I would not have bought this if I'd realized this would happen.
6 people found this helpful
on November 22, 2014
Bait and switch. Not the version advertised.
16 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 21, 2016
I bought Deluxe Blokus Game for my family and we absolutely love it. This game can be played by everyone.The game is played on a square board divided into 20 rows and 20 columns, for a total of 400 squares. There are a total of 84 game tiles, organized into 21 shapes in each of four colors: blue, yellow, red and green. The game tiles have 1 to 5 made up of different shapes. The idea of the game is to strategically place these odd shaped tiles on the board and try to get rid of as many pieces as you possibly can. In order to put down a tile it needs to touch the corner of the same colored tile that you are playing. You can play this game with 2 to 4 people. Each person getting the same amount of tiles and each person is represented by a color. Once you cannot play any more of your tiles you are out of the game. The individual with the least amount of tiles in their hands wins. It is a game that can be played on many different levels even up to the highest of strategies. I would recommend this game to anybody who is looking to find a fun family friendly game.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 29, 2015
We gave this game to our six year old daughter for Christmas, because a number of people had highly recommended it. They were right! This game was easy enough for our six year old to catch on right out of the box, but challenging enough that my husband and I were fully engaged from the start. We have since played Blokus both with and without our daughter- even though it is "her" game!

Blokus encourages both spatial awareness and strategic thinking, but does so in a way that is creative and fun. We've already played this game nearly a dozen times in the last four days, and I know that we will be enjoying it for years to come. I would highly recommend Blokus to anyone.

I want to add one caveat, though, which I haven't seen many people mention. This game is best when played with :exactly: four players. Playing with three players is a little easier, so that's a good way to learn, and is still engaging and fun. Though there are adaptations to play the game with two players, I, personally, don't enjoy it as much that way.
on April 23, 2015
The game pictured is great, it's the perfect game for two smart adult couples to enjoy an evening. This is not that game. The picture is of the much higher quality older version, which is worth the higher price. I paid the higher price, but like so many others, got the newer, smaller, cheaper version which is very poorly made. I was purposely looking for this older version, this is very deceptive and as revealed by the other angry and disappointing victims, these crooks have been at it for years. Do not waste your money. Find the real thing from a reputable seller.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2010
I bought this game along with a batch of other games for the holidays to have for family and friends to play after meals and by far, it was the one that received the most play time over Thanksgiving. I wanted to have games that had quick rounds (~20-30 minutes) so that everyone could play and rules that were easy to learn and explain. It's a great little game to have on your shelf as it's easy to jump in and play and easy for players of all ages to enjoy.

While the concepts seem simple at first blush, the great thing about Blokus is that there's really no one right way or one right strategy to winning the game and everyone has a chance to win a round because of the dynamic nature of the game.

My wife and I bust it out and play two-player rounds by the fire once in a while as well.

If you like this type of game, I'd also recommend Rumis which is very similar to this game by plays in 3-dimensions instead of 2. It's another great game that's easy for players of all ages to jump into and play.
review image
8 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2015
The games itself is fun and challenging especially for a geometry challenged person like myself. The game box looked like it was used. The corners and edges of the box were slightly worn and there were tape marks on the edge of the box. With that being said I really wanted the original version of the game...the one before the company "updated" the playing board. Previous reviewers noted how the original version had a larger playing surface and that is what I wanted. All the game pieces were their and in good shape so I didn't feel a need to return it. My 16 year old who is not a geometry person either won the game the first time she played it...her challengers had all played it several times already. She is a visual person which helped her in this game. It is a great and unique addition to our game library.
One person found this helpful
Top Contributor: Petson June 14, 2016
I love Blokus! Such a simple concept, but always challenging and fun. I first played this in my high school math class. Now I'm a high school math teacher, so I got myself a copy for my own class! It will strengthen spacial and sequencing skills. You really have to think ahead and build strategies with this one, but it is easy and simple to play and understand. I bought a used version of the Deluxe game for cheap here on Amazon.
One person found this helpful
on April 16, 2015
Here's my first 1 star review. Because the false advertising. I paid $35 including shipping for this version, because, according to its website, it is a older version which is bigger and suitable for a 6 years old (5+), while there is a newer version which is smaller and lower in price, only 18.11 and shipping fee free (for prime, who I am). When I receive the item, guess what? is the newer smaller and lower price version! I then check the 1 star reviews, it turns out that I am the only one who encounter this problem. I am very unhappy and am returning it.
12 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.