Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Toy|Change

Showing 1-10 of 811 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,168 reviews
on August 29, 2006
Blokus is a combination of Tetris, chess and Chinese Checkers. It is incredibly easy to learn, and as tactically challenging as chess (I am an intermediate chess player). With four players, it is as riling as Monopoly ("why are you after ME all the time????"). The two player version is more calculable, as the pieces are fewer. I highly recommend both the 4 and 2 player versions of the game.
22 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
Ordered "blokus classic" (the larger version pictured here) and paid about $35 for it. Was sent the smaller, newer, cheaper version instead. I could have gotten that version much cheaper anywhere else. I must agree with the other reviewer who said this is a typical bait & switch. I am attempting to send it back. I'm not sure if the classic version is available anywhere at all. I guess there's no way to tell for sure what you'll get from the seller. It's not like I didn't check first, I tried.
on May 29, 2006
This game is easy to learn in a few minutes. My 4 1/2 year old son learned the rules quickly and could play with me the first try. Becoming an expert is much harder though! The game is different each time we play, and always challenging and fun. Best of all Blokus isn't like any game I've played before. You have to plan ahead like chess, but the game changes so fast you're always changing your strategy on the fly. Blokus can be played very quickly with a young child, or at a more thoughtful pace with an adult or older child. All in all Blokus is great, and ADDICTING the way a good game should be.
on April 16, 2015
Here's my first 1 star review. Because the false advertising. I paid $35 including shipping for this version, because, according to its website, it is a older version which is bigger and suitable for a 6 years old (5+), while there is a newer version which is smaller and lower in price, only 18.11 and shipping fee free (for prime, who I am). When I receive the item, guess what? is the newer smaller and lower price version! I then check the 1 star reviews, it turns out that I am the only one who encounter this problem. I am very unhappy and am returning it.
on March 4, 2017
The reviews are misleading...I was expecting 13x13 board which I did not get. The one I received has a board that is almost 12x12...actual playing area is 11x11. The board is grey and comes with zip bags to separate the colors into. If the zip bags and slightly bigger board are the only difference I don't see what makes it deluxe. Wish I had gone with the cheaper one. I guess I paid $10 extra for cheap zip bags. I ordered the one that says Deluxe Blockus Game sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. If I was giving stars only on the game itself it would have been 5...we love this game. It's only the confusing descriptions and reviews that made me rate it a 4.
on January 20, 2013
We had it as a Christmas gift for our kids, who were 5, 4 and 2+. Introducing game rules of course is the first, after simply example games with we adluts, they all love it soooo much. For kids, they may have their easier and optional rules as a opinion to conduct a game. Maybe educating how to win at the very final is more suitable for older kids. But practice to set up a game is also an important part for kids to learn. It's also a hard game for adults, which can train your brain to think more deeply and completely. We two parents sometimes play with it while kids all go to bed, it's our treasure time!
You may question about my 2+ years old kid if she can join the game..?! Of course! But in the very begining she's just grouping with one adult, and gradually she knows how to put her cubes/pieces into game. But you can't ask her to set to win ! Now they three little kids can play by themselvies without adults' accompany.

The only one thing I worried about and it happened for sure is...the pieces are easy to lost if kids they didn't put it back to box immediately after they finished the game.
on November 22, 2014
Bait and switch. Not the version advertised.
on December 26, 2012
Okay - I ordered Blokus for a Christmas present for an 8 year old. I did not order The strategy Game (capitalization exactly as shown on box) made in China with numerous spelling errors, punctuation gaffes and just overall unattractive, substandard packaging. I have to say I will give the 'educational component' 5 stars because not only would this be a logic game it is also a lesson in grammar, phonics and spelling. Amazon - if you are selling something under a particular brand/name, make sure your vendors are following through and delivering what you advertise. Just shaking the box, it sounds chintzy and of low quality versus the game I found in the retail stores in my area. This will go back.
on August 19, 2005
We have been playing Blockus since we got it...unfortunately, it really can only be enjoyed when four people play....the directions for 2 or 3 players require you to play TWO positions each or to share the remaining , untaken position...and play is then pretty awful...but what a game with four players..fun, strategic, lots of offense and defense all played an a great looking and feeling board...we have even taken to playing in the pool...with the board on a pool raft (all parts are plastic..). The game also depends on each player having 21 very specific and individually different playing pieces...and some are very small and I live in fear that one piece will be lost and the game rendered completely unplayable...except for the two aforementioned caveats, I love the game and it would have goteen five stars...
This is an addictive game. I love the tetris feel and the thinking involved in planning out your moves. Be warned if you buy a warehouse deal though, my game's box was all kinds of messed up but the stuff inside was fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.