Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Blokus Game
Format: Toy|Change

on August 4, 2017
We love playing with our 5 year old. She's fantastic at Blokus! The whole family has a great time playing!! Works best with a minimum of 3 players but we've had fun playing with 2.
on January 9, 2015
The games itself is fun and challenging especially for a geometry challenged person like myself. The game box looked like it was used. The corners and edges of the box were slightly worn and there were tape marks on the edge of the box. With that being said I really wanted the original version of the game...the one before the company "updated" the playing board. Previous reviewers noted how the original version had a larger playing surface and that is what I wanted. All the game pieces were their and in good shape so I didn't feel a need to return it. My 16 year old who is not a geometry person either won the game the first time she played it...her challengers had all played it several times already. She is a visual person which helped her in this game. It is a great and unique addition to our game library.
on December 6, 2014
We love Blokus! I bought it while looking for games that would be educational. This game requires strategy to win but you can play with younger kids no problem. Unusually play it with my 10 and 6 year old. It is hardest to play with 4 people because it gets harder and harder to find spots for your pieces. With the three of us we could usually get all our pieces down. With the two kids playing on their own, much easier.
I grew up playing games like Tetris, dr. Mario, bejeweled etc so I always look forward to Blokus. You don't put the pieces together like Tetris but it requires strategy in fitting all your pieces on the board.
I like that it doesn't take that long to play a round and it is not too involved. Once you learn the rules you can quickly start having fun .
on June 12, 2017
Great game. Wish I could find a more sophisticated looking set, but for now this will do.
on April 24, 2014
I was very disappointed in the condition of the box. The box was taped closed on all four sides. The inside contents were factory sealed. However the out side looked liked someone opened the game and then decided not to purchase the game. If it was a gift.....I would not have been able to give it . The game box looked like it was on the store shelf a long time. So , I was very dissatisfied with the condition of my purchase. This was not do to the shipping delivery company.
I gave the game 4stars . It's a great strategy game for 2 or 4 players. The game is GREAT but the old condition of the game was bad!
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 27, 2015
Such a great game for all ages. First encountered At a cooperative preschool, and was charmed by the ease of rules/gameplay. This game as is would definitely work for very young kids, and is super flexible because you can play with as little as two players. Love a game that gets the kids thinking!
review image
on August 29, 2013
This is a great game for the family, but after playing it two or three times, my family (8yr old girl, 12 yr old boy, husband and I) no longer play it. Our 6 yr old, who is autistic, loves it though. It's a great game for learning strategy, playing with shapes, and it's so versatile. You should check out the ways people use this game on YouTube...from tetris-like (without the disappearing lines if you're playing it real-time), to making stories, to battling etc. My 6 yr old is now on his 4th set because he kept losing pieces on the others (because he brings it with him everywhere - beach, restaurant, airplane rides, concerts, etc. I do wish they only sold the pieces to replace missing ones, but they don't.
on December 10, 2011
I absolutely love this game! My oldest son is 7 1/2 and I am so glad that the days of candy land and cootie are gone and the days of blockus are here!!!!! This game is so much fun to play. I wasn't sure I would like it, but it had so many good reviews I decided to give it a try. I was not disapointed. The whole family likes it, but grandma, mom, and 7 yr old are completely hooked. The strategy is addictive. I see the puzzle shapes in my sleep:) The more you play, the more strategy you pick up, but you don't even realize that until you've been playing for a while. I ordered qwirkle at the same time and we much prefer blockus! I especially like that it is basically self scoring. unlike quirkle, where you have to add up keep a running tally of your points. Blockus is much easier for my 7 yr old to play with a friend or brother without adult assistance.

The only negative I have is that the best way to play is with 4 players. You CAN play with 2,or 3, but then the players have to double up and be in charge of 2 colors. I would not let this keep you from getting the game, but just something to consider.
on October 19, 2017
Friends brought this to the beach and we loved it. Took it to a hayride/barn event and now there will be a lot more of these under the Christmas tree. young and old can play together and have fun!
on December 27, 2013
Spatial reasoning is not a skill everyone possesses and this game really brings that out. There's a fair amount of luck involved in 4 player games, but it's still fun nonetheless. Note: this version omits a bottom half to the board which means there is nowhere to store the pieces. Not a big deal if you keep your games in their boxes, but still an omission worth noting.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.